Profile for "Katitch" > Reviews

"Katitch" (United Kingdom)

Ravensburger Labyrinth Game
Ravensburger Labyrinth Game

4.0 out of 5 stars We Like It, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Ravensburger Labyrinth Game (Toy)
My sisters and I played this together, and we like it. We agree that it is a little sinister (quiet) in how there is little or no interaction between players except right at the end when everyone is trying to rush back to their starting points. But it is still enjoyable, like a game of Draughts or Chess (not that I've ever played Chess; just throwing it out there - heheh)

Smart Games IQ Fit Brainteaser Travel Game
Smart Games IQ Fit Brainteaser Travel Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Brain-Training Fun, 1 May 2013
This is the first product from Smart Games that I've purchased and I'm very satisfied. The pieces are made of tough, light plastic and the case is compact and durable - easy to carry around.
The puzzles themselves are of varying levels of difficulty, ranging from super pimpsqueak to quite tough, so there's something for everyone.
It's a nice pass-time sort of game, and lots of fun.

Bleach - Series 9 Part 1 [DVD]
Bleach - Series 9 Part 1 [DVD]
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars It's nearly here!, 27 May 2012
I know it's not actually available on dvd yet but my sister and I still SCREAMED when we realised it was going to be released so soon! We've watched the Japanese and English version already, but we still want the dvd so we can watch it over and over and over again in leisure. I'M BUYING IT!!! And if you're a Bleach fan - so should you!

Sleepover: The Secret Room
Sleepover: The Secret Room
by Sharon Siamon

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleepover Gang!, 27 May 2012
This review is not about The Secret Room Sleepover book alone, but the entire series.

The main characters of the SLEEPOVER books are four friends; Alex, Jo, Charlie and Louise. They each take turns to host a sleepover - be it in a secret dungeon, a cabin in the mountains or on the beach! - and each time one friend narrates a ghostly tale related in one way or another to the place they're staying at!
The spooky stories are told in third person, but every chapter or so the friends pause to talk, eat, deal with situations and unexpected interruptions.

The books themselves are very short easy reads, but nonetheless satisfying. They're fast-paced, well-written and quite gripping. The plots are simple but still good and there are a few unexpected twists!
I personally felt the characters were very lifelike and I could easily believe they were real girls at real sleepovers (sadly, these books are fictional).
The scare-factor is definitely there. Maybe not for older readers but for younger girls, yes (I would know; I had my sister read The Secret Room to me when I was ten and I was scared stiff every night for a week!).

I believe the SLEEPOVER series by Sharon Siamon would appeal hugely to girls between the ages of 9-13.