Profile for Ms > Reviews

Content by Ms

Ms (DUNDEE, United Kingdom)

Yesurprise Fashion Faux Leather Band Blue Binary DOT Unisex LED Wrist Watch
Yesurprise Fashion Faux Leather Band Blue Binary DOT Unisex LED Wrist Watch
Offered by Boxontheroad-Shopping Mall
Price: 12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Geeky but good, 21 Feb 2013
Good gift for geeky (but with a vague interest in design) teenager - watch itself is good, but be prepared to replace the 'faux leather' strap after few days of wear.

Stormchaser Mens White Oxford Long Sleeved Shirt Collar Sizes 14" - 23" (14")
Stormchaser Mens White Oxford Long Sleeved Shirt Collar Sizes 14" - 23" (14")
Offered by ppeworksolutions
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars top of the class, 21 Feb 2013
This shirt is made of really good quality cotton, it is well made, nicely shaped and washes and irons brilliantly.

Twig clothes hook
Twig clothes hook

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Twig clothes hook
Initially bought as a manly Christmas gift for those folk that are difficult to buy for - but was quite reluctant to give them away such was their beauty, so a while later bought four for myself which now look great - very sculptural - on the wall, but are surprisingly strong once laden with the kids various coats and bags etc. Plan to start making some myself.....

Panasonic TM900 Full HD 1920x1080p (50p) 3D Ready Camcorder - Black (3MOS Sensor, 32GB Inbuilt Flash, SD Card Recording, Leica Dicomar Lens and Manual Control Ring)

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TM900 a gem of a camcorder, 2 Jun 2011
I bought the Panasonic TM900 a few weeks ago as a back up camcorder to my more professional kit for making artists video works about landscape and nature. Since receiving the camcorder it seems to follow me wherever I go, it is just so small and convenient to have around. As I am writing this review it is right next to me as I have been filming birds just outside my studio window. This sums up what is excellent about the camcorder, it it just so easy to operate, carry around with you and delivers stunning broadcast quality footage. I just don't carry my bigger professional camcorders around because of their bulk so I was missing a lot of interesting footage. The image quality is stunning in the 1080 50p mode beating many professional models in decent light conditions. The Leica lens is beautiful and the automatic and manual controls are superb giving plenty of scope to manually adjust to Zebra warning or adjust exposure, focus or white balance. The intelligent Zoom gives a nice 20x magnification which covers most requirements but a 1.8 or 2 times tele adaptor would be brilliant if Panasonic provided one. Macro works very well and is easy to focus up quickly. The touch screen works brilliantly and offers easy access to you footage all nicely listed by date and the mini HDMI cable takes it straight into the large screen TV or Video projector. I was on a fly fishing trip recently and had the camcorder in my pocket ready to pull out when something interesting presented itself, to have this level of image quality in your pocket is a dream for me and it has already paid for itself by providing footage I would never have got without it. The flip out 3 inch screen is tremendous, very sharp and detailed and the added steady shot facility accessed from the screen works really well. The top zoom lever is something I really love as it gives a beautifully slow, silky smooth zoom which is something I spent a fortune on adding zoom mechanisim's to my professional camcorders.
The downsides of the camcorder are that the photo quality is not as good as a dedicated still camera but I find that the stills from the 1080 50p footage are very good and actually better than the photo images. There is no waterproofing to speak of but it is no surprise for a camcorder of this price ( compared to a professional camcorder delivering this standard of image quality). The 50 p footage requires an up to date powerful computer to edit with but 50p will start to become normal and computers and software will be more readably available.
All said and done I really love this little camcorder as a tool for producing video works for broadcast and art gallery installations.I couldn't recommend it highly enough, well done Panasonic.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2011 12:04 PM BST