Profile for Elfie > Reviews

Content by Elfie

Elfie (Derbyshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Touchy-feely Nursery Rhymes (Usborne Touchy Feely Books)
Touchy-feely Nursery Rhymes (Usborne Touchy Feely Books)
by Fiona Watt

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, but look carefully for favourites, 19 Jan. 2011
My 14 month old loves nursery rhymes and this is a real hit. Her favourites in this book are 'twinkle twinkle' and 'baa baa black sheep'. She does like to touch the wooly sheep on that page, but isn't really interested in the other touchy-feely bits, although they are quite nice. The quality is lovely, nice thick pages with tabs to make it easier for little hands to turn the pages. Lovely, bright illustrations (but not gaudy)! It has quickly become a favourite, which we have to sing repeatedly every day.
Two points I found a little disappointing: 1. It's a little short - only 5 rhymes. 2. I think the edition I received is different from the image shown when I purchased it - from the image it looks like 'hickory dickory dock' is included (another of my daughters favourites and reason for purchasing), but actually a couple of the rhymes are different from the picture shown. Oh, well, she still loves it.

Peekabooks: Peekaboo Park
Peekabooks: Peekaboo Park
by Emily Bolam

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit, 19 Jan. 2011
My 14month old loves this book, which we now have to look at several times every day. Lovely, bright illustrations with the flaps reveling a picure and description of the animal behind it. The last page has a mirror under the flap, which is a lovely surprise for the baby/toddler. So far the flaps are in tact, which is a bonus (many of our other 'lift the flap' books are looking worse for wear). Perhaps a little short, but we love it.

Crazy Colours: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Dr Seuss - A Lift-the-Flap Book)
Crazy Colours: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Dr Seuss - A Lift-the-Flap Book)
by Dr. Seuss

3.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't a hit, 12 Jan. 2011
My 13th month old loves books, especially 'lift the flap' style. Unfortunately she's not interested in this one at all. Perhaps she's too young but may appreciate the humour of it when she's a little older! I was a bit dissappointed with the flaps - they're all the same size and shape (square) which isn't very interesting. I like the illustrations though and it certainly is colourful. Hoping it will become a favourite in time.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove!, 31 Dec. 2010
Bought this to fit our Sony Handycam (HDR XR200) and it's just right. It fits snugly to offer protection from dust and scratches etc - which is what we wanted it for. It seems a purfect little cover for light protection if you're carying it in another bag eg. ruc-sac or suitcase. I wouln't reccommend it if you're looking for something robust to protect against knocks and bumps, or if you also want to carry leads or other accessories. It's light-weight and easy to get the camera in and out.

The Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round (Classic Books with Holes Board Book)
The Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round (Classic Books with Holes Board Book)
by Annie Kubler

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, colourful fun!, 15 Dec. 2010
My 1 year old daughter liked singing The Wheels on the Bus so I thought this would be a lovely accompanyment and I wasn't wrong. She loves looking at the pictures and turning the pages. The illustrations are bright and colourful, I'm sure my daughter will enjoy pointing out different things in each picture as she grows.

Toybox - Digibook
Toybox - Digibook
Offered by positivenoise

4.0 out of 5 stars Just great, 12 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Toybox - Digibook (Audio CD)
Bought this after reading a review in The Telegraph and it's great. Okay, so it's still nursery rhymes, but with actual, real music, which makes them much less mind-numbing. Plus, not a sickly, babyish voice to be heard - bliss!Great to play in the background or to give you a boost if you don't like singing. My baby (10months) seems to find it quite calming if she's getting wound up/frustrated. Would definitely reccommend to other parents.

Guess How Much I Love You (Little Favourites)
Guess How Much I Love You (Little Favourites)
by Sam McBratney

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 1 Sept. 2010
This really is a lovely little book. My daughter is only 9 months old and I'm really looking forward to reading it to her (when she won't just want to chew the pages!). I'm not the sentimental type, so was a little aprehensive but it explains what love is in a way that isn't at all mushy (it doesn't make you want to gag). Beautifully illustrated too.

Red Herrings and White Elephants
Red Herrings and White Elephants
by Albert Jack

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 1 Sept. 2010
This is a great coffee-table book! You wouldn't really read it as such, but we find ourselves dipping in and out of it when we hear a saying that we want to find out more about. Who knows if it's completely accurate - can anyone really be sure? But it's good fun, provides a good source of entertainment and isn't too expensive. I like it.

TWIST OF THE WRIST II DVD
TWIST OF THE WRIST II DVD
by CODE K.
Edition: DVD

1.0 out of 5 stars Annoying x 10, 1 Sept. 2010
This review is from: TWIST OF THE WRIST II DVD (DVD)
My hubby and dad have the book 'A twist of the wrist' and that's okay. This however is rubbish and features people with very irritating accents who just get on your nerves. Give it a miss.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2012 8:03 PM BST

Joby Gorillapod GP2 - SLR
Joby Gorillapod GP2 - SLR
Offered by Smart Shop UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job, 1 Sept. 2010
I have the smaller version of this, which I love, but I bought this more robust GP2 for my dad to use with his compact digital camera and Sony Handycam. It's great for both. Easily sturdy enough to take the weight of the camcorder, as long as you're careful with positioning. Dad thought he wanted a 'normal tripod', but this is much more useful - i.e. it's compact and light enough to take on holiday or to pop in a small ruc-sac if you're out for the day. I think its a great - thumbs-up to Joby for inovation!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2010 11:09 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2