Profile for J Osborne > Reviews

Content by J Osborne

J Osborne "Jules" (UK)

Twinings Gingerbread Chai Latte Individually Wrapped Pyramid Tea Bags 15 per pack
Offered by Zu Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely - but choose your milk carefully, 3 Feb. 2016
Very nicely flavoured, but can be too watery unless decent "thick" milk (such as foamed espresso milk) is added

5 Seconds of Summer Pencil Set
5 Seconds of Summer Pencil Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality item, 31 Dec. 2015
Good, solid item at a reasonable price

Mustard Shark Fin Ice Tray
Mustard Shark Fin Ice Tray
Offered by L-FENG-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Shark-tastic!, 21 Jan. 2012
A clever little novelty gift - robustly constructed, and produces good ice "cubes" which look good in your drink. Cheap and excellent value!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Shark-tastic, Kinda..., 21 Jan. 2012
My daughter is currently going through a "Shark" phase, so this model seemed a good way to combine Sharks and Biology. The model is a little flimsy, but fitted together easily enough - the accompanying documentation is excellent and currently occupies pride of place on her shelf - Good enough for me!

DEAD GAME (The Game Trilogy Book 1)
DEAD GAME (The Game Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars And now for something a little different..., 21 Jan. 2012
From the start, let me say that this isn't the sort of book I'd normally choose to read. It's more fantasy than reality, so don't buy it expecting another war story!

I'd read the reviews and followed the author on Twitter, so when I moved to the world of Kindle/iPad, I thought I would give this a go as my first purchase.

After a fast start, the "military" side of the story soon disappears completely - despite the main character being a serving soldier, he doesn't display any of the characteristics and mannerisms I would have expected, but the reader is soon taken into an alternate reality of fantasy creatures (centaurs/fairies etc) and the characters are easy to live with, and I found the pages turned easily during many train journeys and quiet moments.

What particularly endeared me to this book was the simple style of writing - it's not the work of an experienced author, and for that reason it was easy to dip into and digest - when the final pages were read, I genuinely found myself wanting to know what happens next - so well done Claire!

The Big Red Train Ride (Picador Books)
The Big Red Train Ride (Picador Books)
by Eric Newby

3.0 out of 5 stars The Big Red Train Ride, 4 July 2011
I last read this book while actually travelling on the Trans-Siberian Railway during the Gorbachev era - I found it odd that photos in the book taken years ago, were still possible to replicate all those years later!

No it's not the best written book in the world, but if you do the train ride, it all makes sense...

SmartLab You Explore it Human Body Model Kit with 32 Page Insides Out Book
SmartLab You Explore it Human Body Model Kit with 32 Page Insides Out Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Squishy, Gruesome, Fun!, 13 Jan. 2010
My 8 year old loves learning about the Human Body, and this is a fantastic, tactile, model!

Within minutes of getting this, she was "dissecting" using the supplied tools, and laying all the bits out - all very Gooey and realistic. The accompanying book is very good, but should probably be spiral bound to help the pages stay open - there is lots of useful interesting stuff, written in a good style.

The plastic body/stand isn't the best quality, but the overall package, with the internal organs, is very well done.

My daughter said to say that the stomach and liver don't stick together very well, so she'd rate it at 4.75 Stars out of 5 - but I guess that the fact she can identify all of the parts, and take it apart and re-build it with no help (and frequently still does!) Speaks for itself!

Adidas Supernova Sequence 2 Running Shoes
Adidas Supernova Sequence 2 Running Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Maximum Support, 6 Oct. 2009
I had been experiencing Knee and Shin problems during my road/trail running - I'd tried Asics, Hi-Tec and New Balance, but still needed a Knee Support if running on roads.
Running Colleagues said I needed much more support as my leg was "rolling" inwards - and the best shoe I found was this one!
As soon as I put them on, they fitted perfectly - not a common occurrence with running shoes I've had before, no need to "run them in" - I just bought a half-size larger than usual to be on the safe side!
First time out, I could feel the amazing cushioning doing it's job - my whole stance, even just standing still was shifted, and gait analysis showed my legs were correctly positioned - an odd sensation after 100's of miles in other footwear!
First test run with these shoes was 5kms, with no aches/pains from my usual weak spots - amazing, and they just keep getting better - now I'm just hoping they'll last longer than the New Balance 768's I have traded up from - I've finally consigned the Knee Support to the bottom of my kit bag. Luxury!