Profile for Brandy Thomas > Reviews

Content by Brandy Thomas

Brandy Thomas "Brandy" (Surrey)

Tai 100 Sloggi Brief 3 Pack (16)
Tai 100 Sloggi Brief 3 Pack (16)
Offered by Base
Price: 14.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Sloggi Tai Briefs, 27 Jun 2014
Excellent product and excellent service. That is why I have ordered another pack now

Triumph International might like to know that many years ago I stocked them in my very successful Boutique. So pleased they are still going,even if things are changing at Swindon.

Cheers
Brandy.(was Brandy's Boutique)

No Mercy from the Japanese: A Survivors Account of the Burma Railway and the Hellships 1942-1945
Price: 2.47

4.0 out of 5 stars No mercy from the Japanese, 15 Aug 2013
I am 81yrs now,but as a child during the war, I had to concentrate on the horrors of being evacuated etc etc.
I have now read John Wyatt's book, which makes me realise what horrors our soldiers,airman, and the navy lads were going through at that same time.
My Father served in the first World War, but although shot, he survived, enjoying a good life after that until he died at 96yrs.
How I regret not persuading him to talk to me about that awful war, but in those days they refused to talk about their awful experiences. The shock of living through a SECOND W.W. having their children taken from them for safety reasons, must have been almost too much.
Thank you John, amongst others, for giving the younger generation a chance to read how lucky they are now in Great Britain. Brandy Thomas Oxshott Surrey.

Truth Dare Kill (DANNY MCRAE SERIES)
Truth Dare Kill (DANNY MCRAE SERIES)
Price: 2.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Truth Dare Kill: Danny McRae Series,Book1, 13 July 2013
I read it because he is a friend of mine but please stop sending me suggestions of crime books.....I read Biography and Autobiographies from the library when they reserve a new publication for me! THAT is what I enjoy reading NOT CRIME!
You still haven't managed to highlight MY little book which is on KINDLE. Title:- RSCN.SRN.and then...A Voyage of a lifetime by Brandy Thomas, and yet you ask me to review others which is fine. I am on SELECT etc.

Many thanks,
Mrs B.L.Thomas ( Brandy)

Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter
Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter

2.0 out of 5 stars Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter, 14 April 2013
Fell to bits almost immediately when my Grandson crashed it.

Must try harder,as a very disappointing Christmas present for a young boy!

Universal Star 20" 6 Speed Girls Mountain Bike
Universal Star 20" 6 Speed Girls Mountain Bike

5.0 out of 5 stars Universal Star 20" 6speed girls Mountain Bike, 14 April 2013
My Granddaughter loved her bike especially the extras..all in pink. Now of course it has been passed on to a younger friend.

Ludwig Drum Throne - Black
Ludwig Drum Throne - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Ludwig Drum Throne, 14 April 2013
Still going strong after many years. Just be careful not to go too near the 'legs' in your bare feet!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Tefal Actifry, 14 April 2013
Use mine a lot .Much safer than the old fashioned 'chip pan' and very quick. Uses very little oil.

Bought a friend one too. Not enough old people are using them in their retirement homes so more advertising required!

In Stitches: The Highs and Lows of Life as an AandE Doctor
In Stitches: The Highs and Lows of Life as an AandE Doctor
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars 'In Stitches' by Nick Edwards, 14 April 2013
As a 'Nightingale' trained at St Thomas' Hospital London, and as a Sick Children's nurse in Glasgow, it amused me of course!

Now read the true story of how I was asked to escort a baby to Australia on a first class ship for 4weeks,with the Mother secretly on board (also my responsibility). Years later how the 'baby' now adult, married,with children of his own, was reunited with me on the Cilla Black show 'Surprise, Surprise' in London!
Title:- 'RSCN.SRN.and then...A Voyage of a Lifetime' by Brandy Thomas

Pilgrim Soul (Douglas Brodie series)
Pilgrim Soul (Douglas Brodie series)
Price: 2.39

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Pilgrim Soul' by Gordon Ferris, 14 April 2013
I have read 'Bitter Water' and the 'Hanging Shed' and as I was a childrens nurse at the time in Glasgow,I am able to read the Glaswegian 'slang' !

I have been in contact with Gordon,and discussed the area,as I also went to school there!

The Jewish story in 'Pilgrim Soul' has intrigued me as knew nothing about this previously.

Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Confessions of a GP and RSCN.SRN.and then...A Voyage of a Lifetime, 15 Jun 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed 'Confessions of a GP and I hope Daniels will now be able to enjoy my Memoir/Biography on KINDLE, of which every word is true.

'RSCN SRN and then...A Voyage of a Lifetime'by Brandy Thomas. Published March 2012

We in the medical profession all have to maintain a certain amount of humour during out working day.