Profile for Unworried ipod Owner > Reviews

Content by Unworried ipod...

Unworried ipod Owner (Sussex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Andrew James Electric Single Hob 1500 Watts
Andrew James Electric Single Hob 1500 Watts

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit pants really. Not fit for purpose, 6 April 2014
The best I can get out of it is a gentle simmer. It just has no oomph. It keeps clicking off then clicking on for five seconds then off again. Meanwhile my sausage casserole languishes in half-cooked limbo.
For twelve quid I could have eaten out tonight instead of sitting staring at this pants device. I want my food cooked, not tickled. Cannot recommend unless you like watching paint dry.
Probably a thermostat issue but the device dorsn't do the job. Not worth returning so thanks a lot Andrew James.

Cambridge Audio MINX GO Bluetooth Active
Cambridge Audio MINX GO Bluetooth Active
Offered by ILLEL

5.0 out of 5 stars I had no idea bluetooth audio could be this good., 12 Mar 2014
The sound is frankly stunning.
It pairs with my Nexus 5 in about a second.
It's surprisingly powerful, with a top volume that can be heard down the street. But it's most at home at mid volume when the bass resonator at the back isn't straining against its moorings. Even on low bass EQ settings there's plenty of bass for my ears. Not thumpy, boomy or flappy but very well integrated into the overall sound, giving it depth and listenability.
The sound is warm, detailed and just very nice to listen to. When connected via bluetooth it sounds, to my ears, the same as when connected via the headphone jack.
I highly recommend it. For (well under if you shop around) £100 it's probably the best bang for your buck. Not that shooting rabbits is really relevant here but it's a fantastic speaker. I love it.

GMYLE(TM) Black Matte Anti-Slip Wireless Charging Pad Mat Qi-enabled Standard Charger with 1000mA output & Micro USB Port (UK Plug) for Nokia Lumia 920/925/928/1020, LG Google Nexus 4/5/7 FHD 2013, Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 5
Offered by Clever Gadgets

4.0 out of 5 stars Works., 5 Mar 2014
I like the idea of the flat slab wireless chargers as your phone isn't likely to slip off them as it might from hockey puck- or orb-style ones. The phone seems safe and isn't going anywhere unless you accidentally yank the charger's own USB cable. I placed my Nexus 5 on it in its case, there's a beep, a little connection sound from the phone and it started charging. The only beep is when you put the phone on the charger, otherwise it is silent. A couple of gentle lights in the charger won't bother you at night, thy're not bright at all and the phone covers them anyway. Seems quick enough and it charges the phone with a thickish leather case on. I like it.

3x Vikuiti MySafeDisplay Screen Protector DQCT130 from 3M for Star N9599T (Crystal-clear, Hard-coated, Dirt-repellent, Easily mountable, Easily removable)
Offered by protectionfilms24-com

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit Star N9599, 24 Feb 2014
Arrived promptly, good quality material but the Star N9599/N9599T has curved edges to the screen and the protector does not adhere at these edges. It should have been cut smaller for a decent fit. Therefore can't recommend it for this particular phone.

STAR N9599 - 5.7 Inch HD (1280*720 pixels) huge Screen Tablet Phone Android 4.2 MTK6589 Quad Core 1.2GHz with hand-write stylus (Grey, White)
Offered by DracoTek

3.0 out of 5 stars Phonezilla ... but mine had build quality issues, 18 Feb 2014
Antutu benchmark 17300. Big phone, obviously. The screen is much better than the Star S7189 which I owned previously. The resolution is higher, you can't see individual pixels or aliasing and it has very good viewing angles on all axes. I think it's an IPS screen but don't quote me on that. . Mine says 'N9599T' inside the battery compartment but the N9599T listed on Amazon has 32 GB internal memory and a 1.5 GHz processor whereas the one I received has exactly the advertised specs. For a moment I thought I'd got lucky. I suppose they had some N9599T bodies (or labels) they needed to use up and stuck the internals into those. If you put in a 32GB micro SD card then you have basically the same phone as the N9599T. It's a fantastic phone, 320 ppi pixel density which is respectable, it's fast and stable, the camera is not bad but not a world-beater. The stylus is pretty pointless as it's an imitation of the Samsung one without the electronics, but it's a note 3 clone so they threw it in to maintain the resemblance. Fingers are fine for this screen which is big, bright, high-res and gorgeous. Very pleased with this purchase. It took 3 weeks from China which was well within the delivery estimate. Packaging excellent, a nice box containing a flip case, charger, UK adaptor, 2 x 3800 mAh batteries, USB cable, earphones. Recommended if you want a good fast android phone with a humungous screen for games and movies. Chuffed to bits with it.

***UPDATE***
After a week the screen started randomly going blank. Seller suggested a factory reset which I did but problem persisted. It wasn't the proximity sensor doing it. Sometimes if I flexed the phone the screen would come back. Looks like a hardware fault. Seller was helpful but I have returned it for a refund as I don't want to be dealing with build quality issues in a phone. Maybe I got a dud, who knows. I hope it doesn't happen to anybody else. I've now bought a Nexus 5 from Carphone Warehouse for £240 in the hope of getting something more solid.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2014 3:52 PM GMT

Japanese Waterstone 6000 Grit
Japanese Waterstone 6000 Grit
Offered by The Executive Shaving Company

4.0 out of 5 stars 84 quid?!, 10 Feb 2014
This is a good waterstone and I got the same one, same brand, at my local hardware store for £28.

Russell Collection Mens Long Sleeve Easy Care Oxford Shirt (21inch) (White)
Russell Collection Mens Long Sleeve Easy Care Oxford Shirt (21inch) (White)
Offered by Gold-Direct-UK (Leisure & Workwear)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice shirts, 2 Feb 2014
Good quality shirts, 70% cotton 30% polyester. They iron up nicely to get the creases out after unwrapping. Please with these and good price.

Kitchen Craft Master Class Professional Knife Sharpening Guide
Kitchen Craft Master Class Professional Knife Sharpening Guide

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 30 Jan 2014
Keenly-priced (see what I did there?).
Holds a blade at a constant angle. I don't know what the angle actually is, whether it's 20 degrees or more or less than that because the description doesn't say and I haven't got a protractor and I'm not quite sad enough to try measuring it. The point is, the angle is constant and if you grind away long enough this thing helps to create a good edge or hone an existing one. I've used this on a 6000 grit King Japanese waterstone with a Hultafors knife and the edge I now have is superior to doing it freehand. I'm planning to do all my kitchen knives using this sharpening guide, on a coarse stone first to grind the edges and then honing and polishing on the fine waterstone. The ceramic bits slide smoothly over the stone and don't seem to be wearing down. I like this product, it helps and the price is good.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab Phablet, 22 Jan 2014
I bought this from a UK seller and got it in 3 days rather than on the slow boat from China. I didn't get 2 cases, just the flip case but I bought a PU leather one anyway to cover it properly. It's a full-blooded android speedster. All apps run fluently. Antutu benchmark 13550 which is respectable, for those who care about artificial benchmarks. It just works, and very well. Call quality is fine. Two batteries supplied. Nice big screen and the resolution is perfectly good. We're way past the stage when pixel density needs to increase any more. The screen is great for the price. Not sure when OTA android updates will be made for this generic phone but 4.2.2 is fine. For the price right now it's one of the best deals out there. I say buy it with confidence but do check out other supply channels as well. Such as ones starting with E and ending in Bay and UK sellers.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2014 8:39 AM GMT

Emartbuy® Black / Black Premium PU Leather Slide in Pouch / Case / Sleeve / Holder ( Size 4XL ) With Pull Tab Mechanism Suitable For Star S7189 N7189
Offered by emartbuyuk

5.0 out of 5 stars 5.5 inch phablet case, 20 Jan 2014
Like half the world right now I've just bought the keenly priced Star S7189 5.5 inch smartphone. This case gives a lot more protection than the supplied flip case (i.e. to the corners if dropped) and covers the whole phone. The pull tab mechanism is good. As the name suggests, you pull on the tab at the back and your phone rises magically from the case. Maybe I'm too easily entertained, but I like this feature. You're not scrabbling around trying to grasp the edges of the phone to get it out of the tightly-fitting case.
I find this a solid purchase and good for protecting my shiny new fondleslab.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3