Profile for Jay > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
ABC OF LIFE
ABC OF LIFE
by Anthony Borgia

5.0 out of 5 stars ABC of Life is a Former Title to Here and Hereafter, 3 July 2012
This review is from: ABC OF LIFE (Paperback)
Having recently purchased this book, I returned it within the hour after opening it. As I settled down to read through the introduction, I immediately recognised it's content to be the EXACT same as a later Borgia book entitled "Here and Hereafter." It is the same book word for word, nothing more and nothing less, save a different publisher, hence a different title.

Paying 35 plus postage for the privilage of finding out isn't pleasant either, as well as it being an absolute disgrace for such a spiritually enlightening book. Get yourself a copy of Here and Hereafter if you can. Despite the many avaricious sellers on here who put a price on knowledge and on God, who are really no less ignorant than the church, it can often be found quite reasonably priced if you shop around.

Either way, reading ABC of Life or indeed Here and Hereafter will certainly raise your awareness as to what the spirit world is really like. It certainly isn't full of fluffy angels (really - as if!) with wings, or simply full of spirits wanting to guide us back to God. Read it! Then work out your own salvation.

Knight
Knight
Price: 7.92

4.0 out of 5 stars A Most Refreshing Change, 29 Oct 2011
This review is from: Knight (MP3 Download)
The thing with Medwyn is he likes to play it safe. Given that I have some 120 of his albums, then I think I have the right to safely say that most of his panpipe, celtic Arthurian ensembles drive me insane, save Merlin and Druid. Without doubt these were for many long years his finest works.

That said, I was very excited to hear the rich atmospheric sounds eminating from Druid II

Of course, I'm quite sure we have the fabulous and definite divine musical talents of both Chris Green and Robert Fenner of Runestone to thank for this. In fact Runestone' Pendragon would be a safer alternative, they think about what they produce and don't just churn it out for sake of being prolific.

Knight is of similar vein to Druid II by way of its evocative tapestry of sounds and is for a change, actually aptly titled. Close your eyes and you can picture the scene. In parts it is a little repetative, (Demon has bored me already and Age of Heroes has the pipes sneaking in once again) like most of his work and perhaps even hints of a cross between Gladiator and The Da Vinci Code. Zimmer can't be touched!

Above this though, whilst I personally consider Knight not to be his best, it is a most refreshing and most welcomed change to come from Medwyn in what seems like centuries. Keep it up I say Medwyn but please, don't overkill and follow it with Knight 2 3 and 4, that just ruins the concept and originality.

SAINT GERMAIN:MASTER ALCHEMIST: Spiritual Teachings from an Ascended Master (Meet the Master)
by Elizabeth Clare Prophet
Price: 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful!, 24 Sep 2011
As a spiritualist, I can tell you that if any spirit introduces themselves as a saint, as does Germain in this debacle, then they know nothing of spiritual law and/or of imparting spiritual truth. Other than the lessons in love, which can be found in many great novels, you will find no spiritual excellence here. But it gets worse.

This spirit has had many incarnations on earth and has allegedly worked through some great mystical teachers of our time such as Jesus and even Merlin. These two men were poles apart. Jesus spoke of love, while Merlin (allegedly) had a hand in killing, controlling and conspiring. I'll leave that one with you.

I can't believe I sat and actually read this inane drivel!

Moreover I can't believe that people are drawn in to this psuedo spiritual nonsense which masquerades as nothing but a massive diversion from the truth and wisdom of the spirit.

If you yearn to discover spiritual truths then turn to any of the White Eagle books for a good start.

If you want a puerile story, buy the Wizard of Oz!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2014 3:46 AM GMT

Jewish Book of Why
Jewish Book of Why
by Alfred J. Kolatch

3.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously Small, 22 Sep 2011
This review is from: Jewish Book of Why (Hardcover)
OK so I didn't check the size of this book before I made my purchase. If I had I really wouldn't have bought it. It is ridiculously small, I can hardly hold it let alone read it. That said it does seem to be a "little" (being the operative word) gem

The Power
The Power
by Rhonda Byrne
Price: 6.00

1.0 out of 5 stars The Power - less, 16 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Power (Hardcover)
Can someone please tell me what this woman is talking about because she certainly doesn't know.

If anybody reading this review really wants to know about Love and The Law of Attraction then don't bother with this. It's truly awful, much worse than The Secret

Instead, get yourself a copy of The Power of Kabbalah, or even The Bible.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2012 7:42 PM GMT

Sacred Circle
Sacred Circle

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublimely Haunting..., 12 Oct 2009
This review is from: Sacred Circle (Audio CD)
I cannot believe I have only just discovered these guys!

If you like to listen to Medwyn but sometimes tire of his repetition (ah those pipes and flutes can drive me mad) then I urge you to sample the non-repetative sounds of Runestone.

OK so I happen to be writing this review for Sacred Circle but having downloaded the lot earlier I can confirm that their music is stunning and absolutely perfect for relaxation and meditation especially.

If you're looking for someone different in the New Age genre, you've just found them.

The Seed Of Truth
The Seed Of Truth
by Tony Ortzen

5.0 out of 5 stars The Truth The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth, 18 May 2009
This review is from: The Seed Of Truth (Paperback)
After having purchased a plethora of books on the subject (if you will) I find there's nothing to compare this book to, or any other Silver Birch book for that matter.

I implore anyone who may have just the slightest interest in spiritualism, life after death or personal enlightenment to read this. Your life will take on a new meaning. You will not be disappointed!

Sleep Soundly
Sleep Soundly
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly, 18 May 2009
This review is from: Sleep Soundly (Audio CD)
I am very surprised that nobody has written a review for this cd as yet.

Whilst I appreciate that music is an extension of personal expression and that we are all different, I can 99.9% (cos there's always one isn't there) guarantee that this album will induce such blissful calm that you'll instantly depend on it over and again to take you wherever you want to go. I recently bought several copies for friends and they love it too. I can honestly say that I have tonnes of relaxation music but this is one I'll scramble on the iPod for everytime and have done for the last six months.

Forget Medwyn Goodall, forget annoying nature sounds mixed with ambient tunes, forget waterfalls and ocean waves, in fact forget everything in the relaxation genre that has gone before for you have just found the one. Christophe, we need more, much much more.

The whole album is heavenly, but tracks 4,6 and 7, Midnight Sky, Dance Of The Moonbeams and Luminescense I can play over and again and never tire of them. Genius, pure genius!

Only the Moment
Only the Moment
Price: 10.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Blissfully Stunned, 11 April 2009
This review is from: Only the Moment (Audio CD)
I stumbled across this album on Medwyn Goodall Music as I searched for yet more musical compositions in the relaxation genre and boy am I glad I found it.

Yes there is an element of Enigma and perhaps even a touch of Deep Forest but Wendy far surpasses them with this outstanding album of pure blissful sounds. I just can't get enough of this album.

Be assured, all fans of any the above will not be disappointed in Wendy Grondzil, but that's not to say she emulates them. This is no cheap imitation. It is blatantly obvious that she is far too talented and unique to do that.

So sit back and allow Only the Moment to create that atmospheric ambient moment for you as you chill to a stunning creation that will take you to places you've never been before. Played on your Ipod, Only the Moment is powerfully uplifting whilst Ambrosia and Amen (world without end) especially will touch your Soul.

We want more Wendy, a lot more!

A Posteriori
A Posteriori
Price: 7.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 15 Feb 2009
This review is from: A Posteriori (Audio CD)
A Posteriori is perhaps the best album Enigma have done. In fact although you know it's Enigma there's little sign of the obvious Enigma sound which is probably just as well as I simply couldn't take another moment of Return to Innocence. A Posteriori on the other hand is a truly mesmerising soul soothing album that oozes ambience particularly on the track "The Alchemist". Almost trance sounding in places you will have it on repeat play for some while. If you enjoyed the difference of The Screen Behind the Mirror then you'll love this one.

Page: 1 | 2