Profile for DOT > Reviews

Content by DOT

DOT (Liverpool)

Page: 1 | 2
What's a Ghoul to Do?: A Ghost Hunter Mystery (Ghost Hunter Mysteries)
What's a Ghoul to Do?: A Ghost Hunter Mystery (Ghost Hunter Mysteries)
by Victoria Laurie
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, romantic and bloomin scarey, 18 April 2012
I love Victoria Laurie... Recently finished Demons are a Ghouls Best friend which i picked up at then library quite by chance....Straight away i was hooked...particularly as she explains before the start that she is a Psychic medium and tells you a little about her psychic experiences.
I couldn't put this book down.......I love it. I love the characters,....gilley is hilarious...and Doc the African Grey Parrot is hysterical whom appears so cute to me. I love MJ's character and the way she takes control bec Gil is such a wimp..and the banter between the two is hilarious! There is some really great humour in her writing which makes me laugh and i love the way she has to correct the gorgeous Dr Sable Junior with his pieces of English . The relationship that starts between MJ and the Doc i can relate to as she knows she fancies Dr Delicous ( dr sable jnr that is) but she doesn't run after him and plays it really cool .....that makes her more attractive to the doc. I must also add that the scary bits in it relating to the ghost busting really sets me on edge as I have a great imagination and really feel like I am there so am terrified when they are faced with some really baddies. Totally happy that I have managed to find another cracking author and so can't wait to start reading more. You really shouldn't judge a book by its cover because that's what i nearly did....thank goodness my friend was late otherwise i'd have missed a great opportunity.

Person-Centred Counselling in a Nutshell
Person-Centred Counselling in a Nutshell
by Roger Casemore

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Nov 2011
Found this little nutshell book very useful for my current counselling course. Studying CBC I used this as part of the 3 main schools. I love the bit at the beginning at the start of the counselling relationship where counsellor explains to client how counselling will work and about how counsellor will be very accepting etc,..just love it. Very easy to read and understand and love the fact it's small, short and compact book. Actually made me want to study from the PC approach after reading it; who knows..once I complete my CB I may just do this too!

Ask and it is Given: Learning to Manifest the Law of Attraction- Learning to Manifest Your Desires
by Esther and Jerry Hicks

5.0 out of 5 stars Another amazing book that helped change my life, 28 April 2011
I love my law of attraction books and this one is Fantastic. After playing the prosperity game within 6weeks I won a substantial amount of cash at the local bingo hall. I swear to this day it was because I put into practice the ways of thinking that this book taught me. It has an amazing section called the emotional guidance scale which is a wonderful tool when we find ourselves labelling our emotions. It shows you how to become more prosperous, how you can have anything that you desire if you so wish it is just fabulous, and I could talk about this book forever. If you are new to this type of thing then I would go for something a little easier to read, that's what I did before being introduced to this one... I found myself wanting to read more and more but this is a really exciting read with a different edge to it. So don't delay' get it today!

I Can Do It: How To Use Affirmations To Change Your Life (Louise L. Hay Subliminal Mastery)
by Louise Hay

5.0 out of 5 stars The book that changed my life, 28 April 2011
I absolutely unconditionally LOVE this book. This book helped me to develop myself on a whole new level personally and professionally. It's so easy to read and understand I refer to it often. It has some amazing affirmations for growth and development that if used often will help you to improve things in every areas of your life. The affirmations are so lovely and uplifting there's enough of them to choose for every day of the week. Just choose and trust and believe. Like everything else which is new to you it takes time to learn new things, so a great deal of perseverance is required before changes can be seen. By using this book i have created new relationships, a new job, i have become more prosperous, and become more self aware of the things I now believe I am capable. If there are things in your life that you currently want to change or you want something but seems too much out of reach, then I recommend for starters you get this little book, it changed my life and it can change yours too.

Teach Yourself Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TYG)
Teach Yourself Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TYG)
by Christine Wilding

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book for anyone new to CBT, 28 April 2011
This book was recommended through my counselling tutor and it does not disappoint. This is useful for someone new to CBT and a little more understandable if no Previous knowledge on the subject.Although I got this to enhance my existing study, it focuses more on the reader as an individual as a self help tool. Still highly recommended and very informative book, you must get it. The book I'd recommend for the total novice on how thoughts effect our feelings and behaviour would be I CAN DO IT by Louise L.Hay.

Cognitive Behavioural Counselling in Action (Counselling in Action series)
Cognitive Behavioural Counselling in Action (Counselling in Action series)
by Peter Trower

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the trainee practitioner, 28 April 2011
Brilliant informative book for the trainee like myself. Plenty of valuable examples of client counsellor relationship. ABC model in CBC also clearly explained highly recommend for current study.......love it.

You Can Heal Your Life: Gift Edition
You Can Heal Your Life: Gift Edition
by Louise Hay
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Louise L Hay, 17 Aug 2010
This books is like my 'Bible'..I refer to it often it's just amazing. Affirmations are powerful things and have helped me in my own life on a personal and professional level so highly recommend. It all makes so much sense so it's a must for anyone wanting to make some positive changes in their lives. Also recommend I CAN DO IT by same Author, also AMAZING.. and of course I would like to mention Amazon and think they are amazing too; brilliant service and have total trust in them. Delivery and communication is always spot on. Thank U :-)

Dualit 26002 2 Slice Soft Touch Lite Pop Up and See Toaster, Cream
Dualit 26002 2 Slice Soft Touch Lite Pop Up and See Toaster, Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars My Toaster, 17 Aug 2010
A good looking toaster to match my kettle... toasts really well on low settings especially bagels, has an additional button for bagel and bun settings. Love it.

Dualit Jug Kettle Cream Trim 72402
Dualit Jug Kettle Cream Trim 72402

4.0 out of 5 stars Jug Kettle, 17 Aug 2010
Love my dualit kettle, the nicest looking kettle I have ever owned. Only downside is seeing where the water level is up to..would be good if it had one of those weights in to show what level of water remains... other than that..Love it.

The House of Bonneau
The House of Bonneau
by Elvi Rhodes

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Jun 2010
This review is from: The House of Bonneau (Hardcover)
Picked this book out of the work library a few years back never really read before but I could not put it down. You really get wrapped up in the characters because she writes so brilliantly I love it.The House of Bonneau Have gone on to read other books by Elvi 'A blessing in Disguise', and 'Midsummer Meeeting'. She is a fantastic writer,I now am an avid reader and looking forward to reading all of her books.

Page: 1 | 2