Profile for J. Watkin > Reviews

Content by J. Watkin

J. Watkin (Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Anker  CB310 Full-Size Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Desktop with Water-Resistant and whisper-quiet Keyboard Design
Anker CB310 Full-Size Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Desktop with Water-Resistant and whisper-quiet Keyboard Design

4.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Keyboard, still getting used to the Mouse, 18 Aug 2014
Whilst I'm not that keen on the mouse as it doesn't suit my smallish hand that well I can however confirm the keyboard is excellent. I've been using a dinovo edge keyboard for several years now and which has started losing its Bluetooth connection regularly (new ones have wireless) so I thought this keyboard/mouse set looked good, at a reasonable price with some excellent reviews from other purchasers. I love the fact there is only one 2.4 GHz wireless transmitter required for both devises which means I can free up one USB port eventually. I will persevere with the mouse and train my hand to get used to the different shape as its an excellent mouse with various functions you would expect on a mouse costing the same as for the whole combo set. I've also had dealings with Anker in the past and thought their post sale customer service was second to none. Buy from them with confidence.

Dyson Tangle-free Turbine tool
Dyson Tangle-free Turbine tool
Price: 34.15

4.0 out of 5 stars What it does it does well.....!!!, 17 Aug 2014
It's not supposed to work with a hand-held but as we have a normal Dyson I thought I'd give it a go anyway. It does work with the DC34 hand-held albeit I suspect not at its best. The brush heads rotate okay, but as its brushes are driven by suction only there is a drop off as the battery fades fairly quickly. When it's fitted to the hose of a normal Dyson cleaner its a great little tool which flicks the dirt and hair up as you go and pulls it directly into the machine without tangling the brushes. Ideal for cleaning dirt and dog hairs off fabric furniture and the car floor mats and seats. You could argue its not an essential purchase but for what it does it does really well.

5m BENDABLE CURTAIN TRACK FOR STRAIGHT & BAY WINDOW RAIL Enough for 3 Standard Windows, Top or Face Fix all Fixings
Offered by Homestore International
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars If only every seller was as good., 13 July 2014
Exceptional service and very happy with my purchase. Ordered Thursday and received the item on Saturday. The price and quality of the track is very good.

Bestwe Blue Ultra Slim Pu Leather Stand Cover Case For Kindle Fire HD 7 (Model 2013) with Magnetic Auto Wake & Sleep Function
Offered by BestWe
Price: 9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent cover for a Kindle Fire HD, 8 July 2014
An excellent cover for a Kindle Fire HD. Lightweight and classy looking with alk the cut outs in the right place. Recommended.

Sennheiser PXC 250-II Foldable Closed-Back Stereo Mini On-Ear Headphones with Noiseguard Active Noise Cancellation
Price: 100.29

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Years without a flicker., 9 Jun 2014
I've had these headphones for the last 3 years (just got round to reviewing them now) and they're in use 3 or 4 times for a couple of hours at a time a week and they've performed beautifully since I first got them back in May 2011. The noise cancelling unit works tremendously well wherever you are and especially on trains or planes allowing you to more-or-less forget where you are and just enjoy your audio. Sound quality is very good with a good bass and clear tone. The battery lasts a long time but keep a spare handy as the sound difference when you haven't got the noise cancelling switched on is very noticeable. These headphones are light to wear, very comfortable and fold up neatly to be stored away. I would highly recommend these Sennheiser headphones as I've not found anything better at the price point.

Dremel Wall & Floor Grout Removal Kit
Dremel Wall & Floor Grout Removal Kit
Price: 15.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs a Steady Hand, 25 May 2014
This is an attachment for a tool that rotates at high speed so it needs a steady hand and a large chunk of concentration to use it properly or you'll be marking the tiles as well. However, for what it is it does the job much easier than having to scrape grout out by hand. (I know as I tried it) The tile grout in my bathroom was as hard as rock but by running this over the grout line a couple of times I got a nice clean channel for re-grouting in to. I did knick a tile or two but if you keeps your wits about you you'll know when this is happening and can withdraw the tool quickly keeping the tile damage to a minimum. You can set the tool to cut at different depths but I found using it at its maximum setting with a nice steady smooth action worked best. Its a good tool and does the job as its supposed to.

Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 A4, Duplex Wi-Fi Scanner
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 A4, Duplex Wi-Fi Scanner
Offered by Wos24direct
Price: 344.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a brilliant Scanner, 10 April 2014
Having used a previous model of a Fujitsu S510 ScanSnap Scanner and then replacing it with a far inferior Kodak i1120 Scanner which caused me no end of frustration I've now made the decision to replace this with a ScanSnap iX500 and on my early use experience is light years better than the two scanners that went before.
Scans are quick, and the USB3 communication means this is about as good as it gets at this price point. The ScanSnap Organiser software is exceptional and getting a full version of Adobe Acrobat X1 is just the icing on the cake. Highly Recommended.

Dyson Genuine Handheld ToolKit DC34 DC16 DC30 DC31 DC35 DC44 & Animal 913049-01
Dyson Genuine Handheld ToolKit DC34 DC16 DC30 DC31 DC35 DC44 & Animal 913049-01
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 28.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Expensive for Plastic Parts, 10 April 2014
The item is as described and of course its an original Dyson accessory. However, considering what I paid for these items I wouldn't say; they are worth the price I paid for them. I wouldn't buy these again unless they reduced the cost.

Arctic Freezer i11 CPU Cooler
Arctic Freezer i11 CPU Cooler
Offered by Specialtech
Price: 24.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly difficult to fit but still a good choice for a cpu cooler, 23 Mar 2014
I wanted the Arctic Freezer i11 to replace another cpu cooler where the fan had failed. I found this slightly difficult to fit on an Intel 1155 motherboard as the back plate had to be held in place whilst you lined up the screws through the holes around the cpu and screwed them in. Not that easy to do on your own but would be much easier if you had someone to help you or if you were fitting this before placing the board in the PC case. The cooler does the job well and is much better than the cpu stock heat-sink and fan.

Edwin Jagger S81m356 Hand Assembled Black 3-Piece Gillette Mach Shaving Set
Edwin Jagger S81m356 Hand Assembled Black 3-Piece Gillette Mach Shaving Set
Price: 54.08

5.0 out of 5 stars The Quality Shines Through, 14 Jan 2014
I bought this item based on a review here as you can't (at the time of writing) see the actual item displayed as all they're showing is the black box. Fear not this is a quality item and totally looks the part in my bathroom. I went for the black as this goes with the black and white theme in my bathroom and it looks like a piece of quality sitting there in all its shiny goodness.
The badger brush is top quality and the Mach 3 razor is simply a work of art. The blade in the razor was blunt for whatever reason, and I'm not sure why as it looks like a Mach 3 blade but apart from that there is no other word to use than quality. Good delivery from Amazon, well packaged in its display box and highly recommended for anyone who is looking for a shaving set which will enhance any bathroom. The seller should show the item unpacked as its too good to just show the box.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5