Profile for J. Smith > Reviews

Waldo Pancake Desk Calendar
Waldo Pancake Desk Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Waldo Pancake Desk Calendar
I Love Waldo Pancake. Everyone in the office loves my calendar and the case it's in sits on my desk neatly.

How To Become A Private Investigator - Lesson 4
How To Become A Private Investigator - Lesson 4

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality writing, 14 May 2014
"Affidavits - How to Swear an Oath."

I really like this series as it’s very easy to read, engaging and straight-forward. David has a no-nonsense approach to explaining the craft of private investigation. There isn’t any fluff and I’m learning a lot about a craft that I previously had only learnt about from watching TV and reading fictional books.

My only negative thing to say about the book itself is that sometimes his style of writing becomes a little too informal. He uses CAPITAL LETTERS to drive his point home a little often, which just reminds me of a SHOUTING teenager. To emphasise certain words in a non-fictional book it is more appropriate to use the occasional word in italics or underlined – I really do feel that capital letters feels like he’s SHOUTING at me.

Also, my second negative thing to say is that the price is a little steep. As it’s in kindle format it is difficult to see how many pages it is. So far I’ve only read up to the 4th module and each module has taken me about 30 minutes to read. So I’ve been spending £3.84 per day because that’s roughly how long my train to work is.

At the end of this journey with David Ball I would have spent £44, which I guess is still a ‘fraction of the price’ than if you were paying full price for a professional PI course. However, I really think they could have condensed this series into 3-4 books, as they are really very short.

How To Become A Private Investigator - Lesson 3
How To Become A Private Investigator - Lesson 3

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Interesting Series, 14 May 2014
"Getting Paid Good Money to Hand Over Papers"

How To Become A Private Investigator - Lesson 1
How To Become A Private Investigator - Lesson 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality writing, 14 May 2014

How To Become a Private Investigator - Lesson 2
How To Become a Private Investigator - Lesson 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality writing, 14 May 2014

Once: A New Musical (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
Once: A New Musical (Original Broadway Cast Recording)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack, 17 Dec. 2013
Lovely soundtrack, great voices, very talented musicians and singers. I liked that they included the a cappella version of Gold as some other recordings of this musical don't include it.

Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF-30 UVA/UVB Sunscreen 73 ml
Offered by Barcleys

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Moisturiser, 16 May 2013
This is a lovely moisturiser to use, especially if you have slightly oily skin. I have had difficulty finding a decent non-greasy moisturiser in the past that has a high SPF. I like to take care of my skin but putting sunscreen directly onto my face can cause spots.
This moisturiser leaves my skin looking very slightly sparkly (if you look close!) hence the Positively Radiant title. I would definitely buy this product again!

I bought this product online and had it shipped to the UK.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2013 1:22 PM BST