Profile for C. Lawes > Reviews

Content by C. Lawes

C. Lawes "Cindy Ipswich" (Ipswich, UK)

Extra Wide Calf Wellies: up to 50cm calf in Midnight Blue (6)
Extra Wide Calf Wellies: up to 50cm calf in Midnight Blue (6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for wide calves !!!, 12 Mar 2014
Buying any sort of boot that fits around the calf has been an absolute nightmare for my daughter as she has VERY wide calves. These were a great fit (with some room to spare) so she was delighted.

BT Aura 1500 Quad Digital Cordless Phone with Answering Machine - Black /Chrome
BT Aura 1500 Quad Digital Cordless Phone with Answering Machine - Black /Chrome

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed with range, 14 Jun 2012
An seriously considering returning this item. According to the BT website the phone should have a 50m range. However, anything over +- 15m away from the base and I get an annoying double-beep in my ear every 30 seconds. Have spoken with BT who got me to do a reset but still experiencing the problem. Does get stars for ease of set-up, use, storing numbers, etc, which are all very straightforward. Disappointed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2012 1:37 PM BST

TP-Link TL-WN722NC 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN722NC 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Has stopped me slitting my wrists !!, 5 May 2011
Amazing. My computer is in the furthest part of the house from the router and has always been slow. Well, it took less than 5 minutes to plug the adapter in and install the software, and my reception has jumped from 2 bars (fair) to 4 bars (excellent). I have NEVER had a signal like this. So for me .... a great product !!

Zalman - 17'' Notebook Cooler - 220mm Fan - ZM-NC3000S - Black
Zalman - 17'' Notebook Cooler - 220mm Fan - ZM-NC3000S - Black
Offered by ProComponentes

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cooler, but problem with USB cable, 26 April 2011
Just replaced the previous Zalman notebook cooler that we had. This one certainly seems to do the job - cooling an HP Envy 17" which is being used for gaming and gets VERY hot. The cooler fan is also very quiet. However, the one criticism I do have is the USB cable supplied. The length of the cable between the two USB connections is only 11cm, so if the USB ports are on the side of your computer then this cable is too short as the Cooler ports are positioned at the rear. Fortunately we still had the cable from the old cooler so were able to use that. I do find it interesting that no-one else has commented about this (unless I am the only person to get this odd cable). If it wasn't for the cable I would have rated this 5 stars.

Lowepro Apex 60AW Digital Camera Pouch - Arctic Blue
Lowepro Apex 60AW Digital Camera Pouch - Arctic Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 7 July 2010
I bought this case for my Canon G11 (after much research, checking and double-checking) and must say that I am very pleased. The camera fits snugly and is easy to get in and out. Also, there is more than sufficient space for a spare battery - can actually fit two spares in if needed.

Roberts WM201 Portable Stereo ( MP3 Playback,Internet Radio )
Roberts WM201 Portable Stereo ( MP3 Playback,Internet Radio )

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with best quality routers !!!!, 30 Dec 2008
Looked around at quite a few wi-fi radios and settled on this - based on Roberts reputation of good quality, etc. and still prepared to pay the higher price. As per other reviews the radio is very easy to set up, but here's the problem with it. It only works with the lower-spec routers (G or B) which are slower and cover a smaller wi-fi area. We have a house spread over three floors and therefore have to use a more powerful router (N1). I contacted Roberts who advised that it will work with an N or N1 router only if it is wired directly to the router, so my radio (which should be totally portable) is now confined to being situated in one room next to the router. VERY unhappy.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2010 6:05 AM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works brilliantly !!, 5 Dec 2008
I have been through my fair share of iPod players for my car and this is without doubt the best. Yes, it is expensive by comparison to others but it works. If you don't want to be fiddling around re-tuning every hour because you have 'lost' the station then this one is for you. I have already been on a trip and driven 5 hours without having to touch it. Just two warnings:
- it fits very tightly into the cigarette lighter so if you are a smoker you could have a problen with repeatedly taking it in and out of the lighter.
- if you play it too loudly you may pick up a hissing sound (but not enough to detract from listening to your music).