Profile for Andy Roberts > Reviews

Content by Andy Roberts

Andy Roberts "Andy Roberts" (Brighton)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
USA Gear Hard Shell Electric / Acoustic Guitar Travel Kit & Carrying Case for Guitar Accessories: Tuners , Capos , Slide s, Picks , Cleaner s, Polishes , Earplugs , Strings , Preamps , Digital Recorders & More

3.0 out of 5 stars Only average, 10 Aug 2014
Frankly, I was disappointed with this item. It is sturdy enough, but pretty expensive for what it is. I shall no doubt get some use out of it, but I expected more. It didn't come with a wrist strap, despite the advertising.

Wedgie Mic Stand Pick Holder, Single, Packaged
Wedgie Mic Stand Pick Holder, Single, Packaged
Offered by A Strings

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 10 Aug 2014
I think this pick holder is brilliant. Cheap, well made, and thoroughly practical. Love it.

YOUTUBE
YOUTUBE

2.0 out of 5 stars Uninstalled, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: YOUTUBE (App)
I didn't bother keeping this app on my tablet. No improvement on other simpler ways of using YouTube, I'm afraid.

Good Housekeeping Cookery Book: The Cook's Classic Companion
Good Housekeeping Cookery Book: The Cook's Classic Companion
by Good Housekeeping Institute

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for my wife, 8 Jan 2014
My wife has used a version of this book since the 1970s for years, but it is now falling apart. This greatly updated edition retains the usability, while improving on the measures, and to some extent the recipes, but retains the simplicity and clarity of the original. Highly recommended - another classic in the making.

TripNeeds  Micro Advanced Digital Luggage Scale 50kg Capacity
TripNeeds Micro Advanced Digital Luggage Scale 50kg Capacity
Offered by lsokugt

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 8 Jan 2014
Light and easily packable, this is a terrificly useful balance. I had a luggage scale previously (which I gave to a relative) but it was heavier and more awkward to use. The TripNeeds scale is well priced, easy to use, and all together more compact.

Wasgij Destiny 15th Anniversary Jigsaw Puzzle in a Special Edition Tin (2 x 1000 Pieces)
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars We like Wasgijs, 8 Jan 2014
We get a Wasgij every Christmas. This tin contains 2. The one we have been doing for the last week is fiendishly difficult - much more so than our usual Wasgij experience. For this reason I have docked it one star, though in fairness, some people would see the difficulty as a plus!

Easy Installer
Easy Installer

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Easy Installer (App)
I'm new to Android, but this app has functioned very well, and is intuitive to use. I found it recommended online, and I agree with that assessment..

RAT Scherzo Music Stand - Lightweight
RAT Scherzo Music Stand - Lightweight
Offered by Omega Music

4.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly light, 8 Jan 2014
It's too early to rate this stand for durability - that will emerge over many week's of use. But it is very light, and seems to be pretty sturdy. I doubt it would take much abuse, but then music stands are notorious for being useless when folded in the wrong way. Also it has not yet been tested in a wind, though it appears to have a secure base.

One thing it lacks is a set of fold up extenders to support over large pages. These are pretty well standard, even on the cheapest stands. I can only assume that Rat have decided they are unnecessary. We'll see...............

If I'm being guarded it is only because this stand is extremely expensive by comparison with the usual, heavier models that are commonly found in music stores. It does score for lightness, but will it last................?

Pickmaster Plectrum Punch-Make Your Own Picks
Pickmaster Plectrum Punch-Make Your Own Picks
Offered by Urban Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful to have around, 7 Dec 2013
I like this punch. You can get up to 4 picks from a credit card shape. The only problem is that the edges need a very mild rub with a fine file, or some sandpaper to make them smooth enough for use, otherwise they feel rough, and slightly catch on the string. But this is hardly a major issue, and I reckon for very little outlay you have a useful tool that will last for ever.

AKORD® NEW DESIGN - MICRO SIM CARD ADAPTER CONVERTOR ** NO STICKER NEEDED ** (FOR CONVERTING iPHONE 4 4S iPAD iPAD2 MICRO SIMS TO STANDARD SIZE) - CLICK-IN TECHNOLOGY

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 3 Jun 2013
I tried this (admittedly low cost) product to convert a micro SIM to fit the full size SIM required for an iPhone 3gs. Couldn't get it to fit using this adapter, which seemed to be too thick to fit properly. Ended up haveing to use another type, whcih performed perfectly. So I can't recommend this design.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3