Profile for K. Cavill > Reviews

Content by K. Cavill

K. Cavill "virgo" (Essex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Perfect Musical Collection
The Perfect Musical Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars A price-busting way to build on your collection., 2 Dec. 2014
This set is amazing. I got it in the Black Friday deals, so it worked out at less than £1 per CD. I already had 3 of the albums featured, but at what I paid, it was still worth getting the collection. It has a wide range of new and old soundtracks, predominantly from Broadway casts, and in my opinion is a brill buy for any musical theatre nut like myself. I have not listened to all of them yet, but I really love the version of Sweeney Todd thats been included (featuring Angela Lansbury as Mrs Lovett). I have a more recent Broadway cast album from this show (I think with Patti LePone) but the older Lansbury one is closer to the Tim Burton movie version, so more my taste.

I think it would be great if more of these kinds of boxsets were produced, such as Sondheim/Lloyd Webber themed sets, and maybe Broadway and West End boxsets.

Rev - Series 2 [DVD]
Rev - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Hollander

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this show, 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Rev - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I love this show, and although Tom Hollander has said they may not make any more after series 3, I hope they do. I have a friend who is involved in his local church, and he was surprised when I leant him the DVDs just how accurate the show is. I, however, am not very religious, but still enjoy it. Hollander's character, Rev. Adam Smallbone, is portrayed as likeable and just as capable of making mistakes and bad decisions as the rest of us, which I think is what makes the show accessible to the secular and religious viewer alike.

Series 2 builds on the trials and tribulations faced by Adam and his wife, Alex (played by Olivia Coleman), that are established in series 1. All the actors are outstanding, but I particularly like the development of the character of Mick. Although not a central character, the actor who plays him makes him creepier whenever he gets screen time. Amazing.

Petkin Tooth Wipes, 40 Wipes (Pack of 6)
Petkin Tooth Wipes, 40 Wipes (Pack of 6)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not easy with cats, maybe better for dogs., 4 Aug. 2014
Not really good for cats. I tried but my cat would not let me use these on his teeth. As an alternative, he is having Whiskas Dentibits. Fingers crossed that they will be effective.

Rockoff Trade Men's Family Guy Chicken Fight Crew Neck Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Grey, X-Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pressie, 4 Aug. 2014
Bought for my cousin's husband for Christmas. He loved it.

Rockoff Trade Men's Family Guy Stewie Anarchy Crew Neck Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Red, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pressie, 4 Aug. 2014
A Christmas pressie for my cousin. He was happy with it.

Cat Mate Pet Fountain
Cat Mate Pet Fountain

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it for my cat., 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Cat Mate Pet Fountain (Misc.)
Got this for my cat, and although he liked it and we cleaned it and replaced the water and filters regularly, it often let off the smell of stagnant water. He has always had a sensitive tummy and I was worried this was not helping so we put it away and just gave him a regular bowl of water where the fountain had been, and I have to say he goes to his bowl just as much as he went to the fountain, so maybe it was an unnecessary expense. Still, not having the expense of new filters means there is more money in the pot for his toys.

Da Bird Interactive Feather Cat Toy - Easy Store / Pull Apart Rod
Da Bird Interactive Feather Cat Toy - Easy Store / Pull Apart Rod
Offered by Best Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, but quite expensive, 4 Aug. 2014
My cat adores this. We are on our second feather attachment. He does not play with it all the time as I want him to maintain his interest in it, so we put it away for a month or so and when we bring it out, he plays with it like it's new. The feathers do get damaged quickly even though out cat isn't very aggressive with his toys, but still continues to flutter until all of the feathers break. When flown through the air it genuinely sounds like a bird in flight.

Kipling Unisex-Adult New Money Wallet Caffe Latte K10200
Kipling Unisex-Adult New Money Wallet Caffe Latte K10200

5.0 out of 5 stars It is perfect. I can fit all my cards in it ..., 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Kipling New Money Wallet (Shoes)
Since I bought this I have not used another purse. It is perfect. I can fit all my cards in it and there is still room led in my bag for other stuff, unlike when I had my old Brownie purse. I wish I had bought it in a more interesting colour, but that having been said this goes with any bag and any outfit.

King Lear (Korol Lir) - (Mr Bongo Films) (1971) [DVD]
King Lear (Korol Lir) - (Mr Bongo Films) (1971) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Yuri Yarvet
Offered by A2Z Entertains

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 4 Aug. 2014
I had to watch this as part of the Shakespeare course I was studying. I could appreciate what the director was trying to do, and by visualising the world outside of Lear's court, he gave more profound meaning to the line 'I have taken too little care of this', but I personally did not enjoy the film very much. Maybe if I had knowledge of Russian Cinema I would have enjoyed it more.

Samsung Slim Retail External DVD Writer - White
Samsung Slim Retail External DVD Writer - White
Offered by FRElectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money and works great., 4 Aug. 2014
Reasonably priced and worked easily with my new IMac. I have experienced none of the problems reported by other users but I might just have been lucky. Reads and burns fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13