Profile for K. Cavill > Reviews

Content by K. Cavill

K. Cavill "virgo" (Essex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13

4.0 out of 5 stars A good listen, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
I do not own Adele's first album, but having heard her singles from the first album and being really impressed by her treatment of Bob Dylan's 'Make You Feel My Love' I thought I would buy this. And it was worth it. It full of hit song, by which I mean, they all sound as though they could be released as singles. I find it hard to choose a favourite, but if pushed I would go with the finale 'Someone Like You'.

Every song on the album is full to the brim with emotion (I wouldn't say happy type emotion) but for me this is an album to listen while relaxing in the evening with a glass of wine.

WD My Passport 2TB Portable Hard Drive - Black
WD My Passport 2TB Portable Hard Drive - Black
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Packs a punch for a tiny bit of kit., 21 Mar 2013
I have recently learned the importance of backing up your hard drive. My internal hard drive recently failed, and luckily I had backed most (but not all) of my data to a small 160GB hard drive. However, the external drive being nearly full I decided to get a 2TB portable drive.

I didn't take much notice of the weights and measurements of the drive when ordering. What was delivered is a sleek small black box, which is smaller and lighter than the HP 160GB I have been using. Wonderful.

My computer automatically recognised the external drive (I'm running Vista OS) when I plugged it into the desktop tower with the USB cable provided, and everything you need is included on the drive itself: full operating manual and software or 'applications' as I think they now call them. Within minutes I had activated the first backup. The software guides you through the whole thing, including updating the firmware if there is a newer version available. As the box is so small and unobtrusive, I can leave it sitting on the desk and plugged in to the USB and ready to go all the time. I have set the sleep timer on the drive so that if it is not used for more than 15 mins it will reduce the amount of power it is taking from the pc. Oh and that brings me to the best bit: you don't need to use a power adapter with the hard drive, so no need to try and find a spare socket!

All in all, it's smart, tiny but mighty, and although £110 is a fair bit of money, I'd say this is worth every penny.

WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATAIII 6Gb/s 16MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM
WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATAIII 6Gb/s 16MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than actual caviar and more essential!, 21 Mar 2013
After my main hard drive blew on me a couple of months ago, I was left with a decision to make: new computer or replace the drive. Being a bit strapped of cash, I went with the latter and found this little beauty at under £50! It says on the WD website that this is for 'everyday computing' (they may have worded it slightly differently but I took it to mean light to moderate pc use. It is coping fine with me adding more software to it dail, and it responds quickly to opening files and programmes.

I also love a bit of gaming (not the high end 3D type stuff, but Sims 3 with expansion packs a-plenty) and photo and video editing. I have thousands of songs, photos, video clips and even a handful of full movies on here. None of this seems to phase the new hard drive, and there is still loads of space left for storing future projects.

My computer is back to its old self - I might even say better than it's old self. I recommend this product absolutely.

TeckNet® Apple iPad Mini / iPad Mini 2 / New Apple iPad Mini Retina Display Screen Protectors (Pack of 6) Highly-Transparent Anti-Glare Anti-Fingerprint with Lifetime Warranty
Offered by TECKNET

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money. Application takes practice., 6 Mar 2013
I got a pack of thesefore my new ipad mini. In HMV, a single screen protector was £12-£15, so I was thrilled to get six for about £3 including postage.

They are not the easiest thing to apply. It took me about 3 attempts (using up 3 of the covers) to get it to go on with almost no air bubbles (there was a couple towards the edge of the ipad, but as they didn't affect what I could see on the screen, I decided this was good enough). So I still have 3 left to use another time. The current protector has been fitted for about 7 weeks and has just started to lift at the edges, so soon it will have to be changed. But for the protection it offers the expensive gadget and the amount of covers you get in a pack, I would say the purchase was well worth it.

Kodak Premium Photo Paper, Glossy, 100 x 150 mm, 60 Sheets
Kodak Premium Photo Paper, Glossy, 100 x 150 mm, 60 Sheets
Offered by Eleze

1.0 out of 5 stars Had to return, 18 Jan 2013
I bought this paper for a hp inkjet, and assumed it would be compatible. It was not. My printer would not grip the paper no matter how I inserted it into the tray. It is not a particularly cheap paper, so i would have thought it should have worked fine.
As usual, amazon customer service was brill. They told me to send the pack back for a refund, which is what I did.
I have used various brands of photo paper in the printer before and never had any issues. But I will never bother with Kodak paper again.

Part Lies Part Heart Part Truth Part Garbage 1982-2011
Part Lies Part Heart Part Truth Part Garbage 1982-2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money and some amazing songs!, 18 Jan 2013
I had REM's previous greatest hits, 'In Time' but it was only a fraction of their greatest releases. 'Shiny Happy People' was missing along with 'It's the End of The World' and newer songs like 'Leaving New York'. That's why this album is great. Everything under one roof. I say 'everything'. I like REM but I am by no stretch of the imagination a devout fan. For me, this album provided all the well known stuff and a few songs I didn't know which I now love, but for someone more familiar with their back catalogue, there may be songs that they feel should have made the track listing, that didn't. But I would say this is a great album for those discovering REM or wanting to expand their knowledge of their music. Very good value at £4.99 for 40 tracks.

Little Miss Pocket Library
Little Miss Pocket Library
by Roger Hargreaves
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Success, 18 Jan 2013
I have these to my cousin's two year old daughter for Christmas with the little miss DVD. She is too young to read the books by herself but I think her mum will enjoy reading them to her. Anyway, her mum says she likes them, so money well spent.

Little Miss - The Complete Original Series [DVD] [2003]
Little Miss - The Complete Original Series [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Pauline Collins
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars For a very happy little lady, 18 Jan 2013
These were bought for my cousin's daughter for Christmas. Her mum says she loves them. She is only two, but I hope the DVD is something that she will enjoy as she gets a bit older.

Kipling Women's Brownie Accessories Lacquer Black K10974952
Kipling Women's Brownie Accessories Lacquer Black K10974952

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Love it, Love it!, 24 Dec 2012
I got this in the black Friday deals, and the amazing discount (53% if my memory is correct) did mean not having a choice of colours. But I can live with that. The lacquer finish is a new one to me, I have other Kipling products but they are just the standard canvas finish.

As for the size of the purse, I upgraded from the New Money to this. The New Money is very nice, but I found it difficult to get cards out of the slots without bending my nails back. None of that with the Brownie. Although it is large it fits in most of my bags. I am very happy with it, and may even get a spare in a different colour.

Sentry Safe 1160 Fire-Safe A4 Document Security Chest
Sentry Safe 1160 Fire-Safe A4 Document Security Chest

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all, 24 Dec 2012
I purchased this in the black friday deals, but returned it straight away as upon opening I found the hinge between the lid and base had sheared off. I decided not to ask for a replacement, as it was also much heavier than I had anticipated.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13