Profile for Grace @ Kindle Bargains.UK > Reviews

Content by Grace @ Kindle...

Grace @ Kindle Bargains.UK (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
My Husband's Wives: A heart-warming story of love, loss, family and friendship
My Husband's Wives: A heart-warming story of love, loss, family and friendship

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written - a MUST read!, 18 May 2016
I skim through a LOT of books each day and every so often one jumps out at me as a definite for my kindle. This was one such novel. Following the lives of several women all linked, one way and another, to the same man.

We learn, one by one, how they met Paul Starr and what he became in each of their lives while continuing with the day to day lives of all of these women separately and eventually how they react to each other.

This is a marvellous read - all encompassing, lots going on and every question which pops into your mind is answered before the final page. Beautifully written with excellent characterisation and a really absorbing read. If you enjoy a terrifically exciting novel about extended families then this is a must read for you.

A full five stars - no doubt about it!

Chrome and Acrylic Crystal Moroccan Style Ceiling Light
Chrome and Acrylic Crystal Moroccan Style Ceiling Light
Offered by FirstChoiceLightingOutlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Service!, 14 May 2016
Wonderful service! Fantastic communication and a speedy, faultless delivery. Even better, the fitting is now connected and is superb - exactly what I was looking for and at a reasonable cost. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending both this item and the seller.

Behind the Wire - Dan Taylor #4: (Dan Taylor series)
Behind the Wire - Dan Taylor #4: (Dan Taylor series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspense and intrigue ripple through every page!, 13 May 2016
I was thrilled and very excited to receive book 4 in the Dan Taylor series .. what a man, what a book, what a series! Suspense and intrigue ripple through every page and surprises abound. Having read the previous three novels as well as the short prequel I feel as if I know Dan but somehow, his face just eludes me.

Rachel Amphlett is a truly gifted writer and I'm delighted that whilst this is a series each book is a stand-alone read. No repeats of all the preceding stories, just action and adventure all the way. If you enjoy a heart-stopping thriller, then you won't regret snapping up this series.

I received an arc of this book directly from the author .. this in no way influenced my honest and unbiased review.

The Painted Ocean
The Painted Ocean

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me ..., 26 April 2016
This review is from: The Painted Ocean (Kindle Edition)
I've been a reader all my life and in all that time I have probably given up on only one or two books but, reluctantly, this one joins them. I tried so hard to continue with it, but I really could not thole the 'I go, she goes .. I'm like, she's like' narration and too many paragraphs beginning with 'So'. For me this completely overshadowed any semblance of a storyline (although, admittedly, I was even struggling there). I even went back and checked that it was listed as an adult read!
It may well be that there is an audience out there for this type of read but I'm not one of them.

I received an arc f this book in exchange for my honest review.

First Date: Love & Regrets
First Date: Love & Regrets

5.0 out of 5 stars Will leave you with a smile on your face and a happy heart., 14 Jan. 2016
Oh how this takes me back to my teenage years .. and shows that it's not just the girls who are unsure of themselves.
An excellent story, I don't think anyone could read this without being transported back to their teen years and the very elusive
'first date'.
Lots and lots in here to made the reader smile, and ultimately leave you with a happy heart. Vanessa Wester obviously has talent ..
I will certainly be on the look-out for more of her writing. Highly recommended!

The Runaway Bridesmaid
The Runaway Bridesmaid

5.0 out of 5 stars Well polished, superb story!!, 14 Jan. 2016
I am astonished to discover this is a debut novel! Well polished, superb story - loved the descriptions of Aunt Bernice's book - and definitely one of the more superior in the chick-lit genre.
I read a lot of different novels this was perfect after a crime thriller. I grinned like an idiot at every 'posterior' moment ... if Rosie wasn't checking out the rear view of any man in her eye line, then she was raising 'her buttocks' in the air ... I bet the author's friends want to keep her in front of them now!
Well written, good characterisation and a most enjoyable storyline - what's not to like? Couldn't fault this ... and can't wait for the next one!!

Ready or Not?
Ready or Not?

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommended!, 25 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Ready or Not? (Kindle Edition)
I don't know what I expected when I began to read this one .. to my shame, I own several by this author but hadn't got round to reading any yet (what can I say? Not enough hours in the day!). It's an excellent read, a really enjoyable contemporary story with terrific characters and storyline. I was really invested in the lives of Caddy & co. and the unseen then fragile links between them slowly expand until you realise how the relationships connect - and then you wonder if they will ever realise ... but. well, that's why you need to read this yourself. Thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommended! And yes, I shall be reading more by this author in the very near future.

The Dan Taylor series: Books 1-3 (The Dan Taylor Series Box Set)
The Dan Taylor series: Books 1-3 (The Dan Taylor Series Box Set)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this exciting series!, 14 Dec. 2015
This is one fabulous, exciting, heart-racing series! Superb story-telling and characters who grow with each book. One of those series where you can't wait for the next book to be released, and when it is, you can't believe it's finally in your hot little hands!
I truly love the Dan Taylor series, and hope the author continues with him for many, many more books to come. Scarily realistic storylines ... makes you wonder if Rachel Amphlett has a secret double life going on! Highly recommend each and all of these books and, indeed, anything and everything else by this author. Don't miss out!

Multi-Colored Crystal Christmas Tree Brooch Pin Christmas Gift
Multi-Colored Crystal Christmas Tree Brooch Pin Christmas Gift
Offered by KuLaLaEU

5.0 out of 5 stars Really sparkly!!, 20 Nov. 2015
Fabulous!! Really sparkly and twinkly and the best £1.13 I have spent this Christmas without a doubt. Absolutely delighted.

Three Lives Down - Dan Taylor #3: (Dan Taylor series)
Three Lives Down - Dan Taylor #3: (Dan Taylor series)

5.0 out of 5 stars What an exciting author!!!, 16 Nov. 2015
Starts with a bang with action from the very first line and never really halts until the last words are read. I love the Dan Taylor series - in fact, have thoroughly enjoyed all of Rachel Amphlett's novels.
What an exciting author. I'm not sure whether Rachel has some sort of inside line to what's going on in the UK and the wider world, but her stories are scarily current. Listening to a discussion on fracking on the radio last week, I found myself thinking 'wow, you should read Three Lives Down!' That's how realistic this author's novels are!
A truly worthy addition to this series, and I find myself wishing and hoping that there are many more to come. I've been recommending this one to everyone I know, it's THAT good!!!
Excellent work, Rachel - you are awesome!

I am privileged to have received an arc of this novel, which did not affect my above review in any way whatsoever.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7