Profile for Grace > Reviews

Content by Grace

Grace (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Pashmina Various Colours Scarf Stole Wrap Christmas Gift (Red)
Pashmina Various Colours Scarf Stole Wrap Christmas Gift (Red)
Offered by Bombay Collections

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 2 Dec 2014
Fabulous item ... unbelievably good for the price. Despatched very quickly, my parcel went walkabout with Royal Mail for a few days and Bombay Collections dealt with the matter perfectly and speedily. I always think that when something goes wrong, how a firm deals with it shows their true colours and this company passed with flying colours.
Highly recommend both the item and seller.

The Seafront Tea Rooms
The Seafront Tea Rooms

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, enjoyable contemporary fiction, 1 Dec 2014
Good, enjoyable contemporary fiction which Ms. Greene does very well. Slightly varied characters and fringe characters who all fit nicely in their place at the end of the novel. If you are a fan of chick-lit then this is definitely one for you. Thoroughly enjoyable, but not mind-stretching by any means. A delightful read. 5* from me.

The Sword of God - John Milton #5 (John Milton Series)
The Sword of God - John Milton #5 (John Milton Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrills and excitement by the bucket load!, 23 Oct 2014
Wow! What an amazing read. Suspense, thrills, excitement by the bucket load and an absolutely fantastic plot!
This is the first book by Mark Dawson which I have had the pleasure of reading but it most definitely won't be the last. I would not describe myself as a fan of action thrillers but this one novel has turned me into a big John Milton fan!
Well rounded characters, complete with flaws and a multi-layered plots with the excitement building all the time makes this one of the best books I have encountered. An amazing, heart-stopping, jaw-dropping read which, even though it is a full and complete story, leaves your minds screaming for more.
Highly recommended - Amazon should have 10 stars available for books like this.

Journey To A Dream
Journey To A Dream

4.0 out of 5 stars A gentle read, 8 Oct 2014
It took me a while to get into this book mainly, I think, because it was such a change of pace from previous reads.
This is a lovely, gentle story of an English couple who decide to take the plunge and sell their business and move to a new country and a totally different way of life. This novel chronicles the period from the decision is made to finally moving into their fully renovated property and it gives a real flavour of their new country and it's customs with one or two chuckles along the way ... typically British, visited their local pub restaurant but only ever ordered the same meal.
Once I got into the pace of the book it was an easy and enjoyable read, well written with lots of information about the area in which they settled and not just their own lives.
I would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys biographical travel reads.

Me Before You
Me Before You

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss out!!, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Me Before You (Kindle Edition)
Having heard lots of good things about this book I waited a while to read it so as not to be influenced by other opinions ... it was everything I had ever heard and so, so much more.
Jojo Moyes has a wonderful way of telling an ordinary story about ordinary people which makes you feel as if these characters are known to you, and you could meet them round the next corner. Real characters with flaws and feelings just like the rest of us.
I'm not into spoilers but one of the things I most love about her books is how all the loose ends are firmly knotted together at the end .. no wondering 'what happened to ..?' and 'where did ? go'.
Funny, witty, heartrending and tearjerking ... a truly wonderful, worthwhile read - don't miss out!

Before Nightfall
Before Nightfall

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting and gripping ... so hard to put down!, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Before Nightfall (Kindle Edition)
Wow ... what a terrific read! Exciting, fast-paced, so much going on and the story told from two different angles. Character development was terrific, I really felt as if I knew these people. Tense, exciting, drama, bit of a love interest - this book really did have it all. And the ending? What can I say? I NEVER saw that coming ... phew!
This is the first book by Rachel Amphlett which I have read but it most certainly won't be the last ... she can really write, keeping you hooked from the first page to the very last and filling your thoughts with where it's going even when you don't have it in your hand. A tip-top novel which I would have no hesitation in recommending to every reader out there.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. The opinion within this review is entirely my own.

Chasing the Dead: David Raker Novel #1 (David Raker Series)
Chasing the Dead: David Raker Novel #1 (David Raker Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of twists and turns ... highly recommended!!, 5 May 2014
I loved this book!! Having read the fourth book in series as a book club read, I was keen to start at the beginning and it did not disappoint. Lots of twist and turns, plenty of action and never a dull moment. I now feel as if I know a lot more about David Raker and look forward to reading more in this excellent series.

Happy Ever After: Number 4 in series (Bride Quartet)
Happy Ever After: Number 4 in series (Bride Quartet)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fitting end to a wonderful series., 5 May 2014
This completed the series for me, having read the first three books quite some time ago. Like slipping on an old comfy pair of slippers and I quickly recalled all the characters. A feel-good romantic read, just the thing in between grittier reads. Nora Roberts is a top author in her genre.

The Relationship Shoppe: A Novel
The Relationship Shoppe: A Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written and enjoyable., 5 May 2014
Enjoyable. Not your typical boy meets girl story, but an excellent tale of how people become single again after thinking they were settled for life. Good self-awareness of the characters showed that nobody is perfect and we should all take responsibility for our actions. A good read.

The Secrets of Married Women
The Secrets of Married Women
by Carol Mason

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-written and honest., 5 May 2014
Enjoyable contemporary fiction ... not all sweetness and light, a bit of where the naughty side of life leads you. Enjoyable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3