Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Charlie 3 puds"

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - Extended Version (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [1991]
Dvd ~ Kevin Costner
Offered by Telstar Entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars The cuts kill it., 13 April 2015
Shame, it was a lovely film, but this isn't it. 12 extra minutes, 28 seconds cut. A good trade? No. The crescendo to the Sheriffs wedding has been lost.

Boundaries in Dating: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Relationships
Boundaries in Dating: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Relationships

2.0 out of 5 stars Practising Christians Only, 3 Jan. 2015
Only buy if you're a practicing christian. Quotes from the Bible appear frequently and using the church as your support structure is also featured.
Quote: "It is helpful to remember the underlying reality of dating: you are ultimately trying to find and be a good marriage partner. You want that person to know about and share your relationship with God, because that is the most important part of who you are, and hopefully, of who he is."
Some of the advice is good for non-practising christians, but it's overwhelmed with religion.

Artist in Corfu
Artist in Corfu
by Sophie Atkinson

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could give it 0 stars., 25 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Artist in Corfu (Paperback)
Absolutely awful, The Artist in Corfu is an illustrated book by a painter I admire (I have one of her original paintings)

This copy does not contain the illustrations, nor does it contain any of the formatting, so one chapter runs into another.

To add insult to injury, the illustrations are listed at the beginning of chapter one. And the source of the document is on the last page.

All they have done is copied and pasted the text from a website and printed it. I could have done a better job myself and fully intend to.

Amazon: The lookinside is very misleading.

The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts
The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, 25 Dec. 2014
Just wish I had read this fifteen years ago.

Lonely Planet Jamaica (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Jamaica (Travel Guide)

1.0 out of 5 stars Bland guide to a vibrant country, 3 Nov. 2014
I love Jamaica, but this guide does not do it justice. Other Lonely Planet guides (like London) are full of pictures, why are they so absent from this guide? (except in the 16 photographs illustrating Jamaica's top 15).
Jamaica is a vibrant country, full of colour, this is not reflected in this book.
The 'See Inside' covers the early chapters and contains all the photos in the book giving the impression there are more of them than there are.
I bought this book to remind myself of good times in Jamaica and to plan my next visit. The pages do not remind me of Jamaica nor do they excite an interest in going again. a picture is worth a thousand words, there's about a 100,000 words missing from this guide. I think this is particuarily poor in the Kindle edition where there is no cost in extra pages.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2014 8:43 PM GMT

Lehar: The Merry Widow [DVD]
Lehar: The Merry Widow [DVD]
Dvd ~ Yvonne Kenny

1.0 out of 5 stars No English Subtitles, 24 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Lehar: The Merry Widow [DVD] (DVD)
I can hear every word spoken, but nothing when sung. No English subtitles for Hard of Hearing. For me a waste of time, I'll have to find another version with sub-titles.

Lost Bubble
Lost Bubble

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Lost Bubble (App)
Bought it for my 9 year old neice, but played it for a couple of hours on the plane to Jamaica. She hasn't stopped playing it since I arrivied. Perfect.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong wording on website, 14 Dec. 2013
Warning website description says: "5 exciting laser images for your pet to play with: mouse, star, happy face, butterfly, and beam. Just rotate the lens to switch from one image to the next." But this is a different model it only has a laser beam and an LED light, no images. Useful but not as advertised.

Key Management Models Special Trade Edit
Key Management Models Special Trade Edit
by Paul Pietersma

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent crammer!, 9 Feb. 2012
If there was an exam in management models. This would be an excellent crammer. Each of the 60 models contains a section on 'The Big Picture' which describes the model, a section on when to use it, a section on how to use it, the final analysis and references.

I have read most of them, but have yet to find a positive final analysis which I find disappointing and why it only has 4 stars.

Half expected to find Kepnor Tragoe Problem Analysis in it, all the other models I would expect to see are in it. (and some I didn't know, that's why I bought it)

I bought this book for £14.99 at Gatwick Airport late January 2012.

Pro ASP.NET 4 in C# 2010 (Expert's Voice in .NET)
Pro ASP.NET 4 in C# 2010 (Expert's Voice in .NET)
by Matthew MacDonald

1.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the kindle version, 20 Nov. 2011
I'm afraid this Kindle version does not work for me. The Index at the book doesn't work, it doesn't redirect you to the pages in the book. The examples seem to be images, and although I can see them OK (I'm using Kindle on the PC) they don't register in the search. I know that there must be a section in the book on DropDownLists, and the search find 22 matches, it's not possible to work out which section of the book I need to read to understand them. And impossible to find an example that uses it.

If you find that you normally use a book by looking in the index, (and that's how professionals will use it) ignore this book.