Profile for annie > Reviews

Content by annie

annie

Page: 1 | 2
Leaving Everything Most Loved: 10 (Maisie Dobbs)
Leaving Everything Most Loved: 10 (Maisie Dobbs)
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan of Maisie Dobbs, 27 Oct 2013
What more can be said than that I am a fan of Dobbs. Apart from the fact that I am learning a lot about British history. Will there be a sequel? A happy ending? Surely not just a cut-off?

Sarah Adams: A Sea View
Sarah Adams: A Sea View
by Andrew Lambirth
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A painter of my liking, 27 Oct 2013
Sarah Adams is one of my favourite painters and she also paints rocks and sea from a wonderful part of the British isles: Cornwall. I know there are many also tremendously fantastic painters from that part of the world, but she stands out, is different and comes out as being part of the picture she wants to show us.

Among the Mad
Among the Mad
by Jacqueline Winspear
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Maisie Dobbs book, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Among the Mad (Paperback)
I am a Maisie Dobbs book fan - just love them. Gives me insight into what it was like living at the beginning of last century, especially for females.

Photo Album Self Adhesive 40 Sheets/80 Sides Ring Binder In Blue
Photo Album Self Adhesive 40 Sheets/80 Sides Ring Binder In Blue
Offered by Just Jackies Bargains
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Self adhesive photo album, 26 April 2013
Well, as I couldn't find a self adhesive photo album without ring binding, this album was the next best thing

Photo Album Self Adhesive 40 Sheets/80 Sides Ring Binder In Red
Photo Album Self Adhesive 40 Sheets/80 Sides Ring Binder In Red
Offered by Just Jackies Bargains
Price: 9.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Self adhesive photo album, 26 April 2013
Album up to expectations although would have preferred an album with no ring binding. Couldn't find one however, not in the list

Melitta Two Cup Coffee Filter Papers brown Pack of 40
Melitta Two Cup Coffee Filter Papers brown Pack of 40
Offered by Certified Insane Clothing Company Ltd
Price: 2.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Necessary filters, 24 Nov 2012
Yes, they are necessary to a degree, can be replaced by e.g. kitchen towels, but are easy to use and end up in the compost bin at the end.

Melitta Coffee Filter Cone 102 (Black)
Melitta Coffee Filter Cone 102 (Black)
Offered by Selectric London Limited
Price: 8.50

3.0 out of 5 stars The old Melitta, 24 Nov 2012
Yes, the old Melitta came to use again, and it never fails. The Filter Cone is of course a part of the whole.

Pippi Longstocking Gift Edition
Pippi Longstocking Gift Edition
by Astrid Lindgren
Price: 8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood companion, 24 Nov 2012
I grew up with Astrid Lindgren's books, and Pippi Longstocking is and was what every little girl would like to be at times. This book is a birthday present to my youngest grandaughter, and I hope she likes it and loves it as much as I do.

Hundertwasser (Taschen Art Album)
Hundertwasser (Taschen Art Album)
by Pierre Restany

5.0 out of 5 stars The five skins of the human beeing, 24 Nov 2012
As an artist I would recommend this book to any reader, small or big, who likes colours, imagination, and happiness in pictures and life. Hundertwasser, this famous Austrian painter was unique in his style to paint and present his world. Pierre Restany's book explains the painter and introduces him to the reader in an understandable and unforgettable way. I would recommend his book to anyone.

Image Transfer Workshop: Mixed-Media Techniques for Successful Transfers
Image Transfer Workshop: Mixed-Media Techniques for Successful Transfers
by Darlene Olivia McElroy
Price: 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Art complements, 6 May 2011
The "Image transfer workshop" book is a most useful tool to have when trying to make your artworks and paintings more imaginative and interesting. I had previously encountered the book in my art class and used it a number of times. So I decided to get my own copy, and have not regretted that decision. The book is full of ideas and challenging in its own right. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Page: 1 | 2