Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Listen with Prime Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for AliJR > Reviews

Content by AliJR

AliJR (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Take a Chance
Take a Chance

5.0 out of 5 stars Take a chance, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Take a Chance (Kindle Edition)
Abbi Glines does it again!! I honestly don't think this lady can fail! I absolutely LOVE the Rosemary beach series, I think its Abbi's best. :)

I was scared for this story - I thought it was going to be a heartbreaker. In a way it was, just not in the way I thought it was going to be! There were a few twists which I was really not expecting.

Nan is still present in this story (unfortunately she hasn't fallen of a cliff yet) and still as controlling and manipulative as ever. there were a few times, particularly nearer the end, where I literally put my kindle down so I could pretend I was throttling her with my hands.

What I absolutely love about this series is that Abbi has managed to create a group of characters that as readers we have fallen in love with and we root for them. I love the way the characters root for each other too. The way the boys look out for each other and the girls support each other.

I'm already clearing a spot in my diary for the release of part 2! I can not wait.

Archer's Voice
Archer's Voice

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Archer's Voice (Kindle Edition)
Wow! This was a beautiful story about a boy becoming a man. But more than that it was a story about love, acceptance, and loss. Archer's story really tugged at the heart strings. He has been dealt such a tough hand in life and there were times when I just wanted to hug him and other times when I was so proud of him!
I loved the fact that Bree chased him, she went after him rather than him pursuing her. They broke down each others walls and while their vulnerability shone through, they managed to overcome it.

There's something about Mia Sheridan that means that she manages to create a story where not only the characters fall in love, but you, the reader falls in love with those characters. Not only that but her stories seem so unlike anything I have read before. This is definitely one I will be reading again.

Transcendence
Transcendence

5.0 out of 5 stars hoh!, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Transcendence (Kindle Edition)
WOW!! I don't even know what to write - this was so good!
I find a lot of description in books can be quite boring and sometimes I end up scanning over it, so when I found that there wasn't going to be any dialogue in this story I was a bit concerned. I needn't have been though because I couldn't put the book down.

Ehd is a sweet caveman who I fell in love with. I felt his frustrations and at times I felt sad for him and other times I was laughing at him. We get to see his life and his thoughts and Shay writes it in such a way that I don't miss the speech between the characters at all. I still get to fully understand how he is feeling and even how the other characters are feeling just through the thoughts of Ehd.

It was recommended to me that I read Shay Savage's Surviving Raine when it was released and since then I have read her Evan Arden books which I also loved. Her books are so different to anything out there already. Her storylines are captivating and imaginative and they have the right mix of genres to entertain a wide audience.

Amazon PowerFast USB Charger for Accelerated Charging, UK (compatible with all Fire tablets and Kindle e-readers), 2013 release

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 19 Feb. 2014
I have had my kindle fast charger for under a year and it no longer works. I was disappointed to find that Amazon do not supply a charger with the kindle and that I would have to buy my own. This is not a cheap charger and while it worked for the first 10 months of its life, it is not acceptable that a charger that costs this amount breaks after less than a years use. Now I need an alternative and cheaper version to charge my kindle fire.

Reaper's Legacy: Reapers Motorcycle Club
Reaper's Legacy: Reapers Motorcycle Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Reapers Legacy, 29 Jan. 2014
I feel so lucky that I got to read this straight after I finished Reapers property. I have fallen in love with this author and her characters!! I can't wait for more!
I have read biker stories before but what I like about this series is that Wylde doesn't concentrate too much on the business of the MC. Although this does come into the story and add some drama, her focus is more on the characters whose story she is telling.
I love Ruger.
He is a hot, HOT, bad ass alpha male with tattoos and piercings in all the right places. ;)
The build up between these two characters was great. I also really liked Sophie and I understood her concerns.

A great mix of hot bikers, drama, laugh out loud moments and love.

Reaper's Property (Reapers Motorcycle Club Book 1)
Reaper's Property (Reapers Motorcycle Club Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Reapers Property, 29 Jan. 2014
wow I really liked this book. I couldn't put it down! I've read quite a few biker books but this had to be one of my favourite. I really liked the characters and I felt they were written really well. Horse is some hot piece of biker ass!! :)
It would have been nice to have a chapter at the end before the epilogue. I felt it went into the epilogue pretty abruptly but other than that a really good read.

Impressive: Printmaking, Letterpress and Graphic Design
Impressive: Printmaking, Letterpress and Graphic Design
by Robert Klanten

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 23 Jan. 2014
I really love the images in this book. It has lots of inspiration for a graphic designer who likes a hand made finish.
Would highly recommend to anybody who likes crafting.

Until Trevor (Until Series Book 2)
Until Trevor (Until Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Until Trevor, 22 Dec. 2013
Wow I really love these Mayson brothers! They are all hot, protective, alpha males. I love this series because there are no cliff hanger endings but each book gently leads you onto the next characters book. I liked that the story was fast paced but with enough drama in it to keep me interested. I did feel like there wasn't as much drama as there was in 'Until November' but it was enough. I also like the dual point of view, which I think is important in every story.

Aurora has shown that she knows how to write alpha males, but I also like that the females are strong characters.
This book set up 'Until Lilly' perfectly. I literally want to read that book now!! I hope the wait isn't long.

You wont regret reading this series.

Hard As It Gets: A Hard Ink Novel
Hard As It Gets: A Hard Ink Novel
by Laura Kaye
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard as it Gets, 22 Dec. 2013
4.5 stars
I've really started to love books which involve a bit of action/suspense in them. What I loved about this story was that I had no idea what was going to happen. Quite often you can guess the outcome but with this I felt just as lost as Becca, which is nice because you get to really understand her point of view.
Its a duel point of view which I usually prefer because there is two sides to every story! :)

The suspense in this book was also unreal! There is a scene fairly near the beginning in which I genuinely felt freaked out. The sort of freaked out that you might feel when watching a tv programme and you know something is going to happen and they start playing creepy music to build up to it! Obviously Laura couldnt play creepy music or turn all the lights out in her book but she still managed to create that tension and suspense and it was then that I knew this would be a really good book!

I also like the fact that she has left it so that there is much more story to be continued but didnt leave us on a cliffhanger. Looking forward to the next book!

Castle Hill (On Dublin Street)
Castle Hill (On Dublin Street)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant novella!, 4 Dec. 2013
Where do I start!? I absolutely LOVED On Dublin Street and so when I found out that Samantha had decided to write a novella I was pretty excited!

This book was only 83 pages and quite fast paced, some people won't like that but I love fast paced books. It jumped from one thing to another but I think it was done really well and allowed the reader to see different aspects of their lives and it all linked together.

Then when the main situation occurred it slowed down, allowing us to really feel the impact of the situation on Braden and Joss. Even though this book was short I felt that the author still managed to send us on a complete journey. I felt the emotions that Joss went through from start to finish.

I love Braden, who doesn't?! He's hot, sexy and has some alpha male tendencies! In actual fact, for some time now, I've thought that he would be perfectly suited to me!! ;)
But I also really love Joss. I feel like I can relate to her character. While she has problems which make her seem quite weak and fragile, I actually think that she is one of the strongest females characters that I know.

So if you havent read this book yet, you need to. You will not be disappointed in revisiting Braden and Joss. Thank you Samantha for giving us this extra bit to their story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8