Profile for Wyn Roberts > Reviews

Content by Wyn Roberts

Wyn Roberts

EasyAcc 5000mAh Brilliant Ultra Slim Power Bank USB Backup External Battery Charger For iPhone Motorola Moto Samsung Galaxy iPad HTC Nokia Android Smartphone Phone Google Glass Gopro - Black and Green
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

4.0 out of 5 stars I conncted it up to the Easy Acc at the start the return journey, 18 Aug. 2014
Arrived within 36 hours of ordering. Does what it says on the tin. The other day I took my phone to work with me and then went on a long train journey. After 24 hours of moderate to heavy use. the phone was down to 10% battery. I conncted it up to the Easy Acc at the start the return journey, continued to use the phone to browse the web and listen to music. Went to sleep with the music player still on but when I woke up after 90 minutes or so the phone was fully charged. I'd say there was still enough juice in the device for another full charge. It's not a bulky item at all. In fact its near enough exactly the size of my phone, which has a 4.5" screen. In this day and age with so many phones having non replaceable batteries its extremely handy and very cheap as well.

Motorola Grip Case Cover Shell for Moto G - Blue
Motorola Grip Case Cover Shell for Moto G - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars I use mine in conjunction with a screen protector and that means the phone can live quite happily with the keys and change in my, 18 Aug. 2014
Arrived within 36 hours of ordering. This is Motorola's own product and is designed to replace the back of the phone rather than fit over it, which means it doesn't add much bulk. There is a lip going around the outside of the phone giving you about 2mm of protection when placing the phone face down on a flat surface. I use mine in conjunction with a screen protector and that means the phone can live quite happily with the keys and change in my coat pocket without being damaged. If you tend to give your phone really rough treatment you probably want something more robust such as an Otterbox. Its a silicone rubber material which means it's a bit more grippy than the original casing. The back of it does tend to collect fingermarks. As it's fairly loose fit I thought dirt might get inside but I just took it off to check and none has collected in 3 weeks of use. I chose the Blue and green colour combination because I thought it was pretty. It suits me but it's a bit bright for business use. More sober colours are available.

Moto G Premium Quality Screen Protector : Anti Glare Matte edition (2 in Pack - Front) by TUFFskinz
Offered by TUFFskinz

4.0 out of 5 stars On my previous phone I had some cheaper ones made by Empire which weren't so easy to put on and I wasted a couple in ..., 18 Aug. 2014
Arrived in a couple of days. Managed to fit one on my phone in a few minutes without leaving any bubbles at all. On my previous phone I had some cheaper ones made by Empire which weren't so easy to put on and I wasted a couple in the process. These are slightly less 'matte' in comparison so you do get a tiny bit more glare but the others seemed to make the screen image a bit fuzzy which these don't. I'd say its worth paying slighly more for these as they are definitely better quaility.

Empire Full Coverage Hard Rubberized Case for Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Empire Case For Motorola Razr HD, 23 Aug. 2013
This is a 2 part case apparently designed to fit both the Razr HD and the Razr Max HD. My phone is not the max version so it there is just the tiniest bit of extra space between the phone and the case. I must stress the word 'tiniest' though. The only thing you notice is a little bit of movement when operating the sleep switch or the volume rocker. Tne other thing I didn't like was that it took a couple of weeks to arrive as it ships from overseas. Not that they ever claimed it would be quicker. Those things apart I have no criticisms whatsoever. The rubberised finish is attractive and hard wearing. After a couple of weeks of living in my jacket pocket with keys and change rubbing up against it there are virtually no signs of wear. It doesn't attract fingermarks or lint either so maintains its smart appearance. I use it in conjunction with a nice matte Empire screensaver also available on Amazon. What I like best about it is that it doesnt add much bulk to the phone at all.

I don't imagine it will stand up to being dropped on a hard floor or any truly rough treatment so if you work on a building site for instance, you probably want to pay out the extra money for an Otterbox or similar.For everyday use though, it does the job and is reasonably priced.