Profile for TimHugall > Reviews

Content by TimHugall

TimHugall

Page: 1 | 2
GOgroove SonaWAVE O2 USB Powered 2.0 Multimedia Computer Speakes with Passive Woofers , Onboard Volume Controls & Plug-N-Play Design - Ideal for MAC , PC , Laptops , Notebooks , Ultrabooks , Desktops & More Computers
Offered by Accessory Genie
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sound for a great price!, 16 July 2014
Absolutely fantastic for the size and price.

I used to have a Creative 2.1 set which were amazing especially the bass from the subwoofer, however I had to get rid as it was annoying the people below me.

These speakers however are a welcome replacement. The sound is rich and clear and the bass output is fantastic and balanced, quite how Sonaverse manage to make it happen out of the two built in woofers is beyond me.

One thing I had to do was use a bass booster equaliser setting to get the most out of them but they don't distort no matter how hard I push them.

The use of a 3.5mm audio jack is brilliant as well. So many speakers these days are utilising a USB input which means they can't be connected to iPods and iPads etc.

The main reason I bought these was for Rocksmith 2014 which when used with USB speakers doesn't work. So far these have been perfect. Highly recommended if you're looking for a decent set of speakers for a desktop.

Creative Inspire T3130 (2.1) Speaker System with Subwoofer
Creative Inspire T3130 (2.1) Speaker System with Subwoofer

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sub 50 speakers I've ever bought!, 5 Feb 2014
Amazing sound quality and rich base.

I used these for a house party and people could not believe the volume, base and sound quality that came from these speakers.

My only complaint is that the rubber stands on the bottom of the satellite speakers would often fall off and there is not easy way to keep the volume slider in place. The way the wires are, it's often getting dragged off my desk even when blu-tacked down.

Sonic The Hedgehog 13cm Figure Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 13cm Figure Sonic The Hedgehog
Offered by Cult-Planet
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality statuette...not a toy!, 5 Feb 2014
Great classic style Sonic display figure.

Has a high quality finish and looks great when stood on a shelf or with a collection.

Stays on the base and is sturdy. I wouldn't recommend this to a child as toy though as it's not posable and would break fairly easy if played with.

Tales from Nowhere (Lonely Planet Travel Literature)
Tales from Nowhere (Lonely Planet Travel Literature)
by T. Cahill

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book of all time., 5 Feb 2014
A delightful collection of travelling stories. Some incredibly straightforward, some of them not.

If you're a seasoned traveller or someone who is dreaming of going on an adventure, I'll guarantee that this book will have you checking your savings account to see if you can buy that airline ticket.

Mens/Gents Puma Red/White Suede Clyde Script Basketball Trainers - Red/White - UK 9.5

5.0 out of 5 stars Still looking good a year on!, 5 Feb 2014
Probably the best pair of trainers I've ever owned.

I always used to buy speedcats as I love the design and durability (travelled round the world in one pair and they're still going strong).

However I thought I'd try something different with these. At first I was wary about the colour fading and them not being a strong as other puma trainers but my worries have been quashed.

I've had them for a year now and they still look as good as the day I got them, they don't let any water in and they're comfortable and easy to slip on and off.

The grip is second to none as well.

Kingston Valueram 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 RAM CL7 DIMM Memory Module
Kingston Valueram 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 RAM CL7 DIMM Memory Module

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, recommended., 5 Feb 2014
Works perfectly and easy to fit.

I can highly recommend Value Ram over any performance chips out there. It's all made in the same place and does the same thing, don't be fooled by fancy marketing.

Limitless
Limitless
by Alan Glynn
Price: 4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read, far better than the film., 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Limitless (Paperback)
I'd seen the film so desperately wanted to give the novel a try.

I wasn't disappointed at all even though the story differs quite a lot.

Hopefully Alan Glynn will bless us with a sequel sometime soon.

Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Powder 300g
Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Powder 300g
Price: 11.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually get results with this stuff., 5 Feb 2014
Pro's

- Actually works after a week of using it.
- Doesn't taste of anything and easy to drink with water.
- You get quite a lot for not a lot of money.

Con's
- Very fine and clingy, gets everywhere.

Ford Escort and Orion Service and Repair Manual: 1990-2000: H to X reg (Haynes Service and Repair Manuals: 1737)
by John S. Mead
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, very useful., 5 Feb 2014
Very comprehensive guide covering a wide range of Escort Engines and models.

Pity my car blew up before I got a chance to use it (piece of advice, if the water pump in your Escort is failing...replace it ASAP!!)

2 x 30g Heatsink Paste Tubes/ Syringes
2 x 30g Heatsink Paste Tubes/ Syringes
Offered by CDL Micro
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 5 Feb 2014
- Good quality paste for the price, seems to do the job.

- It's very thick and as a result is probably better suited to desktop class processors rather than laptop as it is hard to get it to spread thinly.

Page: 1 | 2