Profile for Hanny > Reviews

Hanny

The Cosmic Tourist: The 100 Most Awe-inspiring Destinations in the Universe
The Cosmic Tourist: The 100 Most Awe-inspiring Destinations in the Universe
by Chris Lintott

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, which is literally full of wonders..., 10 Nov. 2012
You'll want a copy of this too. You will! The guys invite you on their spaceship called Ptolemy. We travel at the speed of thought, as they say, and we'll start close to home, eventually visiting the end of the observable universe. In between you'll meet "the 100 most awe-inspiring destinations". And probably the best thing is, it truly is an astronomy book for everybody. You can treat it as a pretty picture book, but there's much more to it than that, as our tour guides explain these sights in understandable terms.

I genuinly can't think of anything for improvement; I love the format, where you'll eventually end up millions of light-years away, and it reminded me of just how big our neighbourhood is. And reading about all the beautiful sights you'll encounter before reaching that distance at the end of the book, made me feel quite humble too. Thanks Brian, Patrick and Chris, for this treasure!

The New Astronomy Guide: Star Gazing in the Digital Age
The New Astronomy Guide: Star Gazing in the Digital Age
by Sir Patrick Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect book for all you amateur astronomy buddies out there!, 15 Oct. 2012
It's the perfect book for all you amateur astronomy buddies out there. It combines Patrick's knowledge on the universe (from as close as our Moon to beyond the stars) with Pete's awesome pictures. From now on, if anyone asks me for telescope or camera advice again, I'll point them to this! And if this didn't convince you yet, you get a poster of Patrick's Moon Map and full sky maps with it too!