Profile for Philip B. Hodgson > Reviews

Content by Philip B. Hodgson

Philip B. Hodgson (Gloucestershire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Time Ships
The Time Ships

4.0 out of 5 stars Time Machine II, 11 Dec 2014
This review is from: The Time Ships (Kindle Edition)
A good sequel to The Time Machine, although it gets a bit "2001" in places. The style is very like H G Wells.

Beach Money: Creating Your Dream Life Through Network Marketing
Beach Money: Creating Your Dream Life Through Network Marketing

4.0 out of 5 stars An inspirational read, 11 Dec 2014
Very readable and inspirational. If you're already in network marketing, it helps to keep you focussed, ans if you're not. why not?

LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Green)
LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Green)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price but..., 25 Oct 2014
My neice had one of these which connected to the internet so that Daddy could change the tunes. This one has the same product name, but the internet feature has been deleted. My 21 month old daughter has already sussed that it's not a real laptop, so my laptop is getting a bashing again. The hardware definitely could be put to more imaginative use, as it is, there's a heavy bias towards animals - the game and the alphabet training both feature animals. I was rather surprised that D is for dinosaur - why not dog? The message feature is rather pointless. Perhaps the only saving grace is that the speech and songs all feature an English accent.

The White League
The White League

3.0 out of 5 stars The author has done a good job with the historical background, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: The White League (Kindle Edition)
The author has done a good job with the historical background, and the characters are realistic, but it didn't make me want to keep reading. The plot meandered, rather than twisting and turning.

15m BT telephone extension [6P4C] cable
15m BT telephone extension [6P4C] cable
Offered by BargainShop_London

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 28 July 2014
Does exactly what it's supposed to. I run my router off it, as there's no phone socket in my office, and it hasn't made any difference to the signal level.

Westfield E1000 Electric Guitar - Black
Westfield E1000 Electric Guitar - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 July 2014
Very nice accurate fretboard, great action, stays in tune well, and sounds good through my Vox amp.

A4 Black Carbon Fibre Effect Vinyl Self Adhesive Sheet Grade A Quality, Craft Robo Silhouette Cameo
Offered by Abelli Studio

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 28 July 2014
Very nice looking, but wasn't sticky enough for my purposes.

Disney Princess Multi-Bin Toy Organizer
Disney Princess Multi-Bin Toy Organizer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy tidier, 26 Jun 2014
At last, something my daughter actually wants to put her toys into! I don't know how long before the novelty wears off, but for now the lounge is tidy every night before bedtime. My only criticism is that the boxes are a little bit flimsy, and rely on the (easiy removed) bases to keep them rigid. I might glue them in when I have a spare moment.

Bodum Spare Glass for 8 Cup Coffee Makers
Bodum Spare Glass for 8 Cup Coffee Makers
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffe maker restored, 31 Mar 2014
It does exactly what I expected, and I can have my morning coffee again. The customer reviews are very useful to help find the correct size, because the product description doesn't have dimensions on it.

Vtech Electronics Kids Connect Smart Phone (Mulit-Coloured)
Vtech Electronics Kids Connect Smart Phone (Mulit-Coloured)
Offered by Barcleys

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying toy!, 31 Mar 2014
My daughter loves it, but I find the Americal accent very tiring to listen to. Like all V-tech toys, they are well thought out, and fun to play with if you're 2 years old, but I would have preferred it if there was an English option, so my little girl doesn't start talking like Bart SImpson's little sister.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4