Profile for Mrs C. > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
EXO Customized 25x14 inch Silk Print Poster/WallPaper Great Gift
EXO Customized 25x14 inch Silk Print Poster/WallPaper Great Gift
Offered by EzCode

5.0 out of 5 stars ... bought this for a friend and both were very happy with the product, 5 Jan. 2016
My son bought this for a friend and both were very happy with the product.

The Flash III Lightning By Michael Turner Adult Burnt Orange T-Shirt Tee (Small)
Offered by TV Tees

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 April 2015
Excellent quality, good length, washes and irons well.

Haynes Manual for Yamaha DT50 & 80 Trail Bikes (78 - 95) Including an AA Microfibre Magic Mitt
Offered by Performance Centre

Just as expected.

Canterbury Boy's Challenge Rugby Jersey, Black- Size 14
Canterbury Boy's Challenge Rugby Jersey, Black- Size 14

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 April 2015
Excellent quality, just as expected.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by BLUESHINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good Zelda game., 27 Mar. 2015
According to my son (13) a great game for anyone who is a fan of the Zelda series.

If you are looking for something to fill 15 minutes or so, the side missions are good. If you are looking to play for a longer period, the temples and main story are good.

Though the story line is shorter and has fewer dungeon than other Zelda games it is still very good..

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Over priced and over hyped., 4 Oct. 2013
Mop:
As a floor mop it's ok. That is provided you have several cloths. I used three every time I cleaned my kitchen floor and washed each out at least three times before I finished the job.

It needed a longer flex.

Handle isn't as sturdy as I expected.

Ok on the carpet for a quick freshen but not as effective as my traditional carpet cleaner.

Easy to fill and heats up quickly.

Hand held tools:

The hand held unit seems to be an after thought. It is unbalanced making it very heavy to use. Try holding a frying pan with a bag of sugar in it, you'll get the idea.

Does not clean tile grout like on the advert, in fact made very little difference to mine.

I found it did a good job of my bathroom mirror but only ok on the shower screen.

Useless on my windows or anything with a frame due to the rigid angle of the window tool.

Does not get rid of lime scale.

I used it on my oven but it only worked well after an overnight coating of oven pride. The steamer alone was not as effective as the chemicals alone.

Additional cloths are very expensive for the quality but essential.

I may have loaned it to a friend if they were interested but wouldn't recommend it without trying.

Mine has just stopped producing steam after 14 months. I won't be buying another one.

I might have recommended the floor mop on it's own if it was half the price.

Redstone XL Double Sleeping Bag - Converts into 2 Singles - Warm 400gsm Fill - 210cm Length
Offered by Cyber Checkout

4.0 out of 5 stars Big & cosy., 1 Sept. 2013
Being used to sharing a king size bed with my 6'3" husband I was expecting to feel a bit short on space. We had loads of room and the bag was plenty long enough for my husband. I'm sure we could have made room for our 11 year old son had it been too cold.

We stayed in a hobbit (wooden structure) in August and were roasting the first night. The zip was easy to locate and undo in the dark making it convenient to throw off the top. The cotton inner was very comfortable, especially considering the warmth.

This sleeping bag was very inexpensive and worth every penny. I can't say how good it might be in a tent on a cool night but far exceeded our requirements.

The only downside is how bulky it is in the stuff bag, but the practicality of being able to separate it to make two single bags or two double duvets is great.

Not for back packers but otherwise highly recommended.

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 1)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book would recommend for boys or girls 11+ only with parental guidance., 15 July 2013
I asked around for advice before allowing my 11 year old to read this and was glad I did. It lead to me reading it at the same time as him to enable opportunities to discuss the story. I would not have wanted him to read this series without my knowing the storyline.

It is a gripping story but although I have seen it advertised for the 8-12 age range I would not recommend it for sensitive children. The story is based around children fighting to the death and although not too graphic there are some upsetting scenes. The relationships between the key characters, I feel, is also more suited to teens rather than primary school age.

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)
Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for teens, would recommend for boys or girls 11+ only with parental guidance., 15 July 2013
I asked around for advice before allowing my 11 year old to read the first book in this series. It lead to me reading the series at the same time as him to enable opportunities to discuss the story. I would not have wanted him to read this series without my knowing the storyline.

A good finish to the series, the books need to be read in order to make proper sense.

Catching Fire
Catching Fire

4.0 out of 5 stars My 11 year old son loved it but suggest parental guidance. More suitable for teenagers. Read The Hunger Games first., 15 July 2013
This review is from: Catching Fire (Kindle Edition)
Good book though not as gripping as the first in the series. I read it at the same time as my son to ensure we could discuss any subjects that might bother him. I have seen it advertised as suitable for age 8-12 but personally think 11 is young enough, then with plenty of opportunity for discussion. The series is based around children fighting to the death. Although not too graphic there are some upsetting scenes which may disturb sensitive readers.

Page: 1 | 2