Profile for MaisonduFromage > Reviews

Content by MaisonduFromage

MaisonduFromage (SW England)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Poetry but not like we know it t' be! (Sorry), 9 Feb 2009
Just to add to other reviews already here. This is the best JCC disc and has some of his best poetry here. They actually study his work in schools now so it's a good job hes gone straight. Other JCC discs are not as consistant as this. But what stands out here is that the music is quality too! Thanks to the Invisible Girls and including people like Pete Shelley.

Just buy this one and possibly the one I'm named after.

Garlands
Garlands

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary, 10 Dec 2008
This review is from: Garlands (MP3 Download)
Well there must be some mistake here. I couldn't help writing something when I saw that nobody had bothered to review Garlands my favourite Cocteau's disc. That's extraordinary in itself but the really extraordinary thing is this record! It's a work of genius me thinks. Every time I read about The Cocteaus it seems to suggest that they didn't really do anything of any note until 'Victorialand' or some such piece of relative mediocrity. It gets to your very soul this one and goes through it and shakes it up a bit. Listen to this please (But only aftr dark) or get the BBC sessions. Pulsing! Not detailed or specific or good English I know, but hey its my first and probably last review.