Profile for Radiojock > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Into the Wild
Into the Wild

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable read, although tragic, 31 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Into the Wild (Kindle Edition)
It's hard to describe what I've just read. It's an adventure, but with a tragic ending.

Chris McCandless ends up not being able to get along with his father, and ends up leaving home to go on a journey that will end up costing him his life.

He travelled extensively; met many people; learned much, and lived life to the full.

Many have castigated him, others reacted oppositely. Whatever we think, could we have done what he did?

By Popular Demand
By Popular Demand

5.0 out of 5 stars Guffaw, 29 Oct. 2014
This review is from: By Popular Demand (MP3 Download)
You can't watch a bloke like this on YouTube, having come across him accidentally, without looking for an album. And you can't find an album like this: listen to the tracklist, and not BUY IT. Try it. I'm right. You know I am!

Mucho Mango - Match Three In 3-D
Mucho Mango - Match Three In 3-D

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, but I want it on both kindles..., 29 Oct. 2014
Love the game and graphics, but want it on both my kindle fires. It refuses to download on the second one. Why, I wonder? This is one of the best "match three" games I've played yet, although I'm still trying to work out the scoring!

Best Of Bob Newhart [Australian Import]
Best Of Bob Newhart [Australian Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute brilliance, 24 Oct. 2014
We used to have this album on vinyl at my radio station. Requests always came in for "Introducing tobacco to civilization". One day, when I had some spare time, I managed to listen to a couple of other tracks and was overcome with mirth.

Well, I saw the album here after searching for it. I've got it on and have cracked up ever since. It's so funny. Bob comes over with such a dry humour and we are the ones left laughing. That's how to tell a professional in this craft.

Kudos to him.

Life With My Father Glen Campbell
Life With My Father Glen Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartfelt writing, 21 Oct. 2014
Debby chronicles the ups and downs of life with a famous parent. The struggles are hard, the times of joy, complete.

I had the biggest shock a few nights ago upon finding out that Glen Campbell suffers from Alzheimer's. Living with that situation myself, the knowledge brought me to tears. I'm honoured to have been able to have found a book written by someone as close to Glen as his own daughter. I can only wish peace and strength to the family.

Jesus Unmasked: The Truth Will Shock You
Jesus Unmasked: The Truth Will Shock You

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, 18 Oct. 2014
I deliberately took my time in reading Todd's book, although it's so good, I could have read it in two sessions. If you want to meet Jesus, the Christ, grab a Bible, and read this alongside. It's a powerful testimony of Who Christ is.

Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage
Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage

5.0 out of 5 stars A better title, 4 Oct. 2014
I watched "The Dying Rooms" documentary many years ago, and it had me sobbing my heart out. Kay Bratt has seen it all, probably. Her faithful rendition of some of the stark truths she saw make you ask: "Why?"

Thankfully, there are many high moments in this story, as well as the sadder ones. It takes a big heart to care. And a lot of courage.

10 Packs of 2 Pair Pack Mens Sports Ribbed Cotton Socks Multicoloured 5 Pair Pack UG331 Size 6-11 Uk, 39-45 EU
Offered by Starlight Shopping Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, 3 Oct. 2014
Hubby's a size 6 in a shoe; I'm a size 8. Winter won't be long in arriving and my feet are awful when it's cold. Warm socks have to be available to us both. These fit the bill perfectly :)

Tacima 6 Way Mains Conditioner and Radio Frequency Interference Filter
Tacima 6 Way Mains Conditioner and Radio Frequency Interference Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat, small and tidy, 3 Oct. 2014
Used these straight away when they turned up, (bought two of them). No, they don't stop hum, well, at least, they never stopped mine, but for the build quality, I'm glad to have them. Having bought various power strips in the past, these take up very little room, which is what I liked the most.

I later found out my hum was caused by a poor connection from laptop to mixer. Corrected that, and no more problems!

Boom Boom Boom (UK Radio Edit)
Boom Boom Boom (UK Radio Edit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheerful ditty, but get the clean version. It's much nicer!, 3 Oct. 2014
Anyone know how this goes? If Simon Mayo was here, he'd tell you to sing: "Boom boom boom, let me hear you say Mayo!" I promise you. I heard it on an old Radio 1 outside beach broadcast, many years ago.

Now that I've reminded you of that, you want the record.

Don'tcha!