Profile for Seahorse > Reviews

Seahorse

Helios / Erebus
Helios / Erebus

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem....., 30 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Helios / Erebus (Audio CD)
Fantastic album by a great band. There's a lot going on musically but they're still very accessible. If you're into Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky or Godspeed You Black Emperor you might want to check this elusive Irish band out.

Prepare to Be Wrong
Prepare to Be Wrong
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Great EP, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Prepare to Be Wrong (Audio CD)
Bought this after hearing one of their songs on Sons of Anarchy. Never heard of them before but have now bought all their albums. This is my favourite, not a bad track on it. Like a better and more interesting version of Snow Patrol/Coldplay, with a bit more of a rock edge at times. Haven't been able to turn off track 5 for weeks. The song (and it's use in Sons of Anarchy) stopped me in my tracks. A genuinely jaw-dropping/spine-tingling visual and audio moment. Highly recommended......

Barefoot Running Step by Step: Barefoot Ken Bob, the Guru of Shoeless Running, Shares His Personal Technique for Running with More Speed, Less Impact, Fewer Injuries and More Fun
by Roy M. Wallack

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and Entertaining Book, 25 Oct. 2013
Bought this having read and loved 'Born To Run' by Christopher McDougall. I'm not a runner and never have been, but now I'm curious and gonna give it a shot for the first time (and I'm 41!). This book is very user friendly, lots of great photos, and Barefoot Bob comes across like a great character, someone you'd love to have a pint with. He's great company, really knows his stuff, passionate about his subject, and never takes himself too seriously. A great book and it has motivated me to get off my bike and give running a try.

Moosehead Grubby Putty 100g
Moosehead Grubby Putty 100g

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 25 Oct. 2013
Great product, doesn't make hair look greasy as a lot of other products do. Makes thinnish hair look a little thicker (a plus in my case!).

A Perfect World [1993] [DVD]
A Perfect World [1993] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Costner
Offered by All Media International

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 22 Sept. 2013
This review is from: A Perfect World [1993] [DVD] (DVD)
This is a beautiful, touching and elegant movie, one of Eastwood's finest as a director. It reminded me of Shawshank Redemption at times in the way it juggles heart-warming and poignant scenes with occasional flashes of harsh reality and violence. Costner is superb in an under-stated but thoroughly convincing performance. This movie went under the radar a bit, a small movie that didn't reach a large audience, but it's a total gem.

Born to Run: The Hidden Tribe, the Ultra-Runners, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
by Christopher McDougall

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-Changing, 22 Sept. 2013
Let me start by saying that this is not just a book for runners or people interested in running. I was neither and yet I read this book a month ago and am still getting to grips with the impact it has had on me. I don't use the term 'life-changing' lightly. As someone who had a complete and stubborn aversion to running (I refused to even run for a bus!!), this book has totally changed my attitude. I have now tentatively begun training and have set myself a goal of running 10km in the next 3 months. Barefoot!!

This is a beautiful, funny, touching, inspiring and exhilarating book to read. I heard Christopher McDougall being interviewed on the radio a couple of months ago and his warm, self-deprecating and engaging personality made me decide to buy his book even though I had no interest in running. He sounded like the kind of guy you'd love to have a pint with. And his writing is just the same - warm, witty, full of heart and thoroughly entertaining. I am now re-reading this book for the third time. It might be my Golden Gate Bridge - by the time I get to the end I may just have to keep starting again!

I found this tale to be deeply profound and philosophical. It made me see the world very differently and perhaps understand it (and its problems) a little better. I couldn't recommend this book highly enough. It's not about running, it's about so much more than that.

Poetic Atmosphere Case for HTC One M7 Clear/Gray (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
Offered by Smart Shop Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 20 July 2013
Really pleased with this cover. I have to say, I love my phone, the HTC One is a thing of beauty. However, all beauty needs protection. I love the futuristic design of this cover. It protects the phone without hiding it completely, and actually brings a new aesthetic dimension to an already beautifully crafted object. Well worth the money......