Profile for Mr KR Brandstatter > Reviews

Melbourne Ska Orchestra
Melbourne Ska Orchestra
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars aussie ska?, 29 Dec 2013
First time I have listened to them, and they are excellent. Would love to see proper orchestra like this on tour.

Two Tone Gone Ska
Two Tone Gone Ska
Price: 6.32

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: Two Tone Gone Ska (MP3 Download)
What a brilliant album. The all stars have reworked some two tone classics in their own style. Some have stripped of lyrics, the superb instrumentals shine through. A must for all devotees of two tone style.

Extinction Point (Extinction Point, Book 1)
Extinction Point (Extinction Point, Book 1)
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 2 April 2013
I was quite surprised by this book. I thought it would be pulpy and poorly written. My shock then that not only was it well written but quite griping as well. The portrayal of the woman, Emily, trying to survive in a New York. The only survivor. Greta -will get sequel now.

Sing to the Moon
Sing to the Moon
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars unique, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Sing to the Moon (MP3 Download)
What a brilliant voice. A great album with some superb tracks. Her voice is so different, rich and she is definitely one to watch.

Supervolcano: All Fall Down
Supervolcano: All Fall Down
by Harry Turtledove
Price: 15.81

4.0 out of 5 stars the world (as we know it) has ended., 9 Feb 2013
I love Harry Turtledove books. Yup, Yellowstone has blown it's top and almost destroyed the US. The characters are surviving. That about sums it up for me, because for the first time I found one of his books to be a bit pedestrian. I suppose it might be because it is about survival, but I did expect a bit more excitement, and I thought there might be more happening. The post Yellowstone US has adapted too quickly to the new conditions and I would like to see more surprises in the follow up.

There were a few twists which maintained my interest, but revealing them would be a spoiler.

A Fan's Guide: Football Grounds England and Wales 2012
A Fan's Guide: Football Grounds England and Wales 2012
by Duncan Adams
Price: 9.51

5.0 out of 5 stars footie fan heaven, 9 Feb 2013
If you are a football geek then this book is essential. It is a companion to Duncan's excellent website, and should be consulted any time a fan is visiting an away ground.

The Death of Grass (Penguin Modern Classics)
The Death of Grass (Penguin Modern Classics)
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic indeed, 27 Nov 2012
A brilliant evocation of world on the brink of the apocalypse. My only criticism is that there was never a sequel.