Profile for mr_positive > Reviews

mr_positive (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Canon XL Original Ink Cartridge for Pixma MX455 - Black/Tricolour
Canon XL Original Ink Cartridge for Pixma MX455 - Black/Tricolour

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought a Canon printer at a good price from a well known auction site, 11 Jan. 2015
I bought a Canon printer at a good price from a well known auction site.
I knew it came without ink but that was OK because I didn't want it for printing - I just use the wireless scanning function.
What I didn't realise is that the ****** thing would not work at all unless there was ink in it!

Four stars because they are expensive but they did the job and I was forced to buy them
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2015 11:58 AM GMT

Mother And Child Floor Lamp With An Antique Brass Finish
Mother And Child Floor Lamp With An Antique Brass Finish
Offered by Lights4Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Piece of cake, 13 Dec. 2014
Arrived on time, thanks Amazon, and even though it was in just it's own box with a label stuck on the side it was very well packed

Total assembly time was around forty minutes and that included time to get it out of the box, remove all the polythene wrapping, read the instructions and puzzle a bit. It's actually a very sturdy thing with two big bolts that fasten under the heavy base to hold it in place. Looks good, not excellent but then I didn't choose the colour, and does the job.
Hardest part of the assembly was getting the two posts through the holes in the base, that took a few attempts, but once they were through it was a doddle to fasten them with the spanner provided. The other problem I had concerned the wiring. In two places, where the wire enters the post at the bottom and exits the post at the top, they have used a white plastic, sort of a top-hat kind of protector to prevent the wire from rubbing against the metal. I puzzled over these for a while trying to work out if they had to be removed. Once I decided that they had to go the assembly proceeded without a hitch.

Good news is that the smaller light was already assembled.

You will need a screwdriver to tighten the clips that hold the glass guard over the halogen bulb in the uplighter part. You will also need a bit of floor space to lay the pieces out.

GOgroove SonaVERSE CRS Portable Dual 2.0 Stereo Cube Speakers w/ Passive Woofers , Adjustable Volume Control & Clear Acrylic Housing for PC , MAC , Laptops , Desktop Computers , Mobile Phones , Tablets , MP3 Players , Portable Gaming Devices & More
Offered by Accessory Genie

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not what I expected, 28 Nov. 2014
The product description for these speakers says "The Plug-N-Play design powers the CRS via USB port with no extra power adapters required. Easily accessible volume controls and the universal 3.5 mm AUX cable allows you to listen to audio on a multitude of media devices."

I interpreted this as meaning speakers that just plug in and play, i.e. they get their power and their audio signal via the USB with the option of using other devices via the AUX cable. This is not the case, they get their power from the USB and their signal from the PC's line-out socket via the AUX cable, which to me means it's not an auxiliary input as it's the only audio input. Setting them up this way is a problem for me as I use my phones a lot during the day so as not to disturb those around me and regularly swapping cables over is something I want to avoid because the more often this is done the greater the change of damage.

Until these speakers arrived I ran the pc audio through my monitor and plugged my phones into the monitor's audio output. When I did this with the speakers I got a lot of hiss from one speaker and just a little sound from the other which was disappointing, they were nearly returned there and then. When I tried plugging them directly into the back of the pc all the problems disappeared the sound was excellent. So they do look good, they are really tiny (less than 2") cubes, and the sound is surprisingly good.

Packaging is neat and protects the speakers very well and mine came inside one of Amazon's sturdy cardboard boxes so there should be no worries about damage in transit.

The description does say that the AUX audio in means the speakers can be used with 'on a multitude of media devices' and the manual shows them being used with a mobile 'phone. It's worth noting that when used in that configuration they will still need a source of power whether from a PC's USB port or from a mains USB plug adapter and no plug is supplied.

I've only had these for an hour or so and I really like them, they sit nicely underneath my monitor and take up no room at all (see pic). I don't want to return them but they don't work as I'd expected, so right now I am waiting on an audio splitter cable from Amazon so that I can try keeping my phones plugged into one socket and the speakers into the other. If the speakers can function with the signal from that then I will keep them otherwise they will be returned in favour of an alternate device, probably a pair Logitech speakers - they are bug and clunky in comparison but they have a built in phone socket.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Morphy Richards Accents 44732 4 Slice Toaster - Red
Morphy Richards Accents 44732 4 Slice Toaster - Red
Offered by BestBuyUk

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but short flex, 22 Nov. 2014
Very well packed by Amazon
It's a toaster so there's not much to say about it other than it seems to be very popular. My daughter posted a pic on Facebook, don't ask me why 'coz it's not a life changing event, many of her friends said they had the same one.
Only four stars because the flex is very short, about 50cm, so we can't use this in our usual toaster spot in the kitchen

BlueRigger High Speed Mini HDMI to HDMI cable with Ethernet (3 Meters)
BlueRigger High Speed Mini HDMI to HDMI cable with Ethernet (3 Meters)
Offered by BlueRigger LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 22 Nov. 2014
Well packed
Had a lifetime guarantee which I immediately voided.
On my pc the mini HDMI port is in a recess in the back of the pc and there's not much space between the port and the side of the bay so I had to pare down the plastic/runner housing.
Has a good feel to it though and would buy from them again if I needed another cable

Vax Filter Kit to fit the Power 1, Power 1 Pet, Power 2, Power 2 Pet & Powermax
Vax Filter Kit to fit the Power 1, Power 1 Pet, Power 2, Power 2 Pet & Powermax
Offered by Find A Spare Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Will buy again, 22 Nov. 2014
Well packed
Fits the hoover well, better than the last replacement.
Not five stars 'coz that means I love it and, well, it's a part for a hoover

BlueRigger DVI Male to DVI Male Digital Dual-Link Cable - 1.8 Meters / 6 ft (Black)
Offered by BlueRigger LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 22 Nov. 2014
well packed
Has a lifetime guarantee which was a surprise

Games Gold (PC)
Games Gold (PC)
Offered by Satsumo

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on time, well packaged, 7 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Games Gold (PC) (Video Game)
Not much else to say really

Vax New Ultra+ Carpet Cleaning Solution 1.5 Litre
Vax New Ultra+ Carpet Cleaning Solution 1.5 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars Will buy again, 7 Nov. 2014
Arrived on time, does the job.
Four starts only because five stars means 'I Love It' and, well, who loves carpet cleaning solution.

4 Chrome Leg Rectangular Table By Ready Office - Height: 725 MM; Width: 1300 MM; Depth: 800 MM - Color: Beech
Offered by 9to5 Supplies (VAT receipt supplied)

2.0 out of 5 stars 9to5 Supplies are an excellent supplier but this is a poor product, 7 Nov. 2014
Summary
I thoroughly recommend 9to5 Supplies as a supplier.
This is not a product, it's a DIY kit

First the good.
I cannot fault 9to5 at all, they are everything you want in a supplier when things go wrong as they did in my case. Their customer service was excellent, they were prompt, efficient, professional yet friendly, called back when they said they would, replied to e-mails quickly.

Now the bad
The table was supposed to arrive within a couple of working days. On the day it was supposed to arrive 9to5 called saying there was a problem with their supplier and it would take up to a week. Bad news but at least I was not waiting in all day for a non-delivery.
When the table arrived it was in two packages, the legs that were well packaged and the table top which was not and had been damaged in transit. A few days later a replacement top arrived, looked good and all seemed fine till I came to assemble it.
The top has many pre-drilled guide holes but none of them matched the fittings that came with the legs.
Back to 9to5's customer services who got in touch with the suppliers, their response was that the top is designed to fit many models with a wide variety of legs but there are no pre-drilled guide holes for this model, I should drill my own!
To me that means this is not a product as such, it's a lump of MDF and four legs, not self assembly furniture more of a DIY kit. I can assemble flat pack stuff but I am rubbish at DIY so I decided to return it and 9to5 had someone here the next day, no quibbles, no fuss, no drama.
I gave this two stars because the individual bits looked good even if they were not designed to go together.
Comment Comment | Permalink