Profile for Mr. A. Rogers > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. Rogers

Mr. A. Rogers "Cricket fanatic" (Birmingham, UK)

Under the Iron Sea
Under the Iron Sea
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Similar but different., 18 May 2006
This review is from: Under the Iron Sea (Audio CD)
Having been to the album preview gig at ULU earlier in May, I have heard 11 of the 12 tracks on the album and have to say that Keane have made a beauty of an album. It still retains the features which made Keane so popular on the last album but have added new sounds and deeper meaning to their lyrics. Bad Dream and Frog Prince are the undoubted stand out tracks although the haungting Atlantic and upbeat Is it any wonder are fantastic. I'm not sure whether many who dislike Keane will be swung by this album but those who already love Keane will love this album and proves how talented the lads from Sussex are

Jasper Carrott - 24 Carrott Gold - The Best Of Jasper Carrott [DVD] [2004]
Jasper Carrott - 24 Carrott Gold - The Best Of Jasper Carrott [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Jasper Carrott
Offered by Digizoneuk

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 13 Oct 2004
This is Jasper Carrott at his best, although there was no new material here it is a display of his greatest hits a few of them polished up and broad up to date with the modern world. Each show and there were near 20 of them in successive nights was different as the content of the shows were voted for by the people who had bought the tickets. I went to the final night and it was a fantastic atmosphere as Jasper said thank you for all the support of the city. I was way up at the back of the NIA but you could still see Jasper moving around and screwing his face up as only he can. Had me in stiches the whole show and wishing for more, the DVD will be fantastic and will have you spplitting your sides with laughter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2008 5:45 PM BST

Green Blade Rising [Digipack]
Green Blade Rising [Digipack]
Offered by swankers3

5.0 out of 5 stars A return to the form of old, 10 Mar 2003
I first bought Green Blade Rising with a hint of worry after the shock of Hello Pig but as soon as I played the album I was drifting back to the days of Zeitgeist and Levelling the Land. This album certainly isn't the Levellers best album, a rating I reserve for Levelling the Land, but it is definately an excellent album, both Four Winds and Come On send a shiver down my spine when I hear them and they are even better live. I recommend this album to anyone who likes music which has a message other than "I love you" or "my life sucks" as other "bands" like to say, the music is genious and the lyrics are also very strong and speak to those who listen altho not as hard line as in past albums. All I can say is buy this album and if you like it then go see them live as they are the best band I have ever seen live, a spine-tingling jumping experience for all.