Profile for dancer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Goldfinch
The Goldfinch

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Goldfinch (Kindle Edition)
I might not have picked up such a large book of my own volition but it was our reading group book. An excellent read. Beautifully written, the many characters are so well defined it is like watching a film . I found the first part of the book extremely hard to read, it was so painfully I almost put the book down, I am glad I continued to the end. I would most certainly recommend it.

The Art of Hearing Heartbeats: A Novel
The Art of Hearing Heartbeats: A Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars a love story, 15 July 2014
A. Very moving love story. The writing captures the essence of Burma , the deep spiritual back ground to people's lives. I found the book incredibly visual, I could sense what Burma looks and smells like and the gracefulness and dignity of the people.

The Testament of Mary
The Testament of Mary

5.0 out of 5 stars incredibly moving and poignant book, 25 Jun 2014
Once you pick up this book you will read it straight through until the end. Written with such gentleness, such silence , I am glad to have read such a book.

Churchill China Cath Kidston Spot Mug, Fine Bone China, 4 Pack, Gift Boxed
Churchill China Cath Kidston Spot Mug, Fine Bone China, 4 Pack, Gift Boxed
Offered by Artisana UK

2.0 out of 5 stars mug cracked very soon after recieving it, 28 April 2014
I am very disappointed , the mugs were delivered 5th april. one has already cracked from top to bottom near the handle. they are so pretty I was so pleased to receive them

When God Was a Rabbit
When God Was a Rabbit

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 22 April 2014
What a lovely book about the realities of family life and life time friendships. Simple happiness and great traumas that some how we survive.

Repel 94109 Lemon Eucalyptus Natural Insect Repellent, 4-ounce Pump Spray
Repel 94109 Lemon Eucalyptus Natural Insect Repellent, 4-ounce Pump Spray
Offered by importlocator

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 3 Mar 2014
i used this over 5 weeks in the Gambia. For me this product worked. It smells lovely .I did get a few bites but so did my friends using deet based products

The Hundred-Foot Journey
The Hundred-Foot Journey

2.0 out of 5 stars too flowery, 26 Oct 2013
An interesting story but I found the writing too flowery. The skill in descriptive writing did not match up to Hassan's deep in born love of food and it's preparation.

House of Stone: The True Story of a Family Divided in War-Torn Zimbabwe
House of Stone: The True Story of a Family Divided in War-Torn Zimbabwe

5.0 out of 5 stars A really enlightening story, 18 Aug 2013
Having been born in Harare in the early 1950s but raised in the UK I found this book fascinating . Christina Lamb tells the story of all sides in the years where Mugabe has wasted what could be a country rich not only in agriculture but in scenic beauty as well. I enjoyed it so much I have gone on to read other books about these times in Zimbabwe.

Dark Places
Dark Places

5.0 out of 5 stars A recommendable read., 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Dark Places (Kindle Edition)
I found the characters very easy to visualise . You get involved in the story very quickly without seeing where it will end. Libby felt no need to start diving into her past until the charitable donations awarded to her ran out or maybe that was just coincidence. Even though she disliked herself I liked her . Despite everything which had gone against her , even when her family were alive , she was solid and a survivor. I look forward trying another of Gillian Flynn's books I hope it will be as good as this.

LogiLink Document Shredder, AV300
LogiLink Document Shredder, AV300

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 18 Dec 2012
I would not recommend this product. To stop the shredder from shredding I had to unplug it from the socket. It is not expensive but not a saving.

Page: 1 | 2