Profile for James Cameron > Reviews

Content by James Cameron

James Cameron "Artist / Filmmaker / Nerd" (a world of my own)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fellowes Pulsar A4 Manual Comb Binder
Fellowes Pulsar A4 Manual Comb Binder

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but Bulky, 24 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this product to help me neatly file my financial paperwork at the end of each year out of the loose ring binder into a nice neat format for archiving in a house rapidly filling up with paperwork I must keep for the tax man.
This A4 comb binder is great - it does everything you'd expect of it and more - with hidden compartments for all the essential bits (binder spines and such like) and a good, heavy mechanism for smooth first time punching and binding.
I only have a few quibbles with this system:
1 - weight: It is very heavy. When I get it out to use it takes a surprising amount of effort.
2 - size: This thing is BIG!!! Given that it lives under my desk for most of the year, something much smaller would have been better, as it is I have a habit of stubbed my toes on it if I slide my feet under the desk too quick. You need some serious table top space going to waste to be able to have this device out on use all the time.

Clevamama Clevabed Toilet Training Sleep Mat (White)
Clevamama Clevabed Toilet Training Sleep Mat (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sheet - but could be bigger, 24 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having a little one toilet training can be a nightmare - wetting the bed is something parents all have to deal with at some point. Clevamama have come up with this clever little (and it is little) protective sheet which has several major advantages over other kinds of protectors.
a wet-proof layer sandwiched between two soft brushed cotton layers make for a much more comfortable experience for your little one than the standard plastic or vinyl covers that I've used. it is also alot more washing machine friendly than most sheets.
My only real complaint is it's size. My little one moves up and down the bed like you would not believe and this sheet only covers about two thirds of the length of the the bed and three quarters of it's width. The wife and I have had to deal with a feel patches that this sheet hasn't covered as a result.
Other than that I can highly recommend this product.

Blubberella [DVD]
Blubberella [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lindsay Hollister
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Parody, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Blubberella [DVD] (DVD)
I'll start off with the fact I love Uwe Boll movies, and this is among the best!

Filmed along side "Bloodrayne 3" with all the same cast except for the lead actresses, Blubberella is a totally unashamed parody of it's sister movie and by far the superior of the two - at times it feels like the production team put in more effort to this than the "bloodrayne" film they were making.
Anyone familiar with uwe Boll's usually controversial sense of humour will no what to expect, those who don't - expect un-PC humour that will offend the up-tight and those lacking a broad sense of humour.
Lindsay Hollister is brilliant as the over-sized heroine and Micheal Pare is comically evil as the vampire nazi commandant.
It's B-movie laughs for anyone who can enjoy it for what it is!!!

Animal Farm: A BBC Full-Cast Radio Drama
Animal Farm: A BBC Full-Cast Radio Drama
by George Orwell
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent new performance, 22 Mar. 2013
The short novel that is "Animal Farm" has been a life long favourite ever since l read it as a kid.
Now the BBC have produced a great new performance of this classic morality tale. This full cast recording brings the story to life better than any visual adaptation l've seen.
An absoulte must for any Fan of Orwell, or as a good starting place for any new comer.

The Secret of Crickley Hall (BBC Audio)
The Secret of Crickley Hall (BBC Audio)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Audiobook, 12 Jan. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After the disappointment of the recent BBC One serial, I had to go back to the original novel, but don't really have time to read any more so I got my hands on this unabridged recording.
Once again, AudioGo have produced a wonderful unabridged reading of this classic James Herbert novel. David Rintoul does a masterful job of bringing the eerie and disquieting atmosphere of Crickley Hall and the misfortunes of the Caleighs to life.
If you are new to Herbert or just want to revisit this classic, this audiobook edition is well worth picking up!!!

VIBE Slick Zip Headphones - Red
VIBE Slick Zip Headphones - Red
Offered by RadioWorld

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound, But...., 20 Nov. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These in-ear headphones produce a clear deep bass sound which is just what I like. However there are a few thinks I loathe about them as well.

First off, the zipper design makes for an uncomfortable, scratching bit of plastic against my neck. Other than for appearances, this is completely pointless and makes for as I said, very uncomfortable use.

The other big issue I have with these is a fault that becomes really annoying really fast. There must be a short circuit or something as these headphones cause any device with the ability to use in-line controls to activate the skip function when ever the head of the in-put jack is shifted anti-clock wise. I tried them on my phone, ipod and MD player all with the same effect.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
by Ian Fleming
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Tennant brings it to life, 25 Oct. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
"On Her Majesty's Secret Service" is one of my all time favorite books, and the great David Tennant does a majestic job of reading this classic Bond novel.
AudioGo have produced another fantastic 8 disc unabridged set. Tennant's reading brings life and character into each part as he reads them.
It's hard to say much about this great audiobook other than you have to hear it to truly appreciate the glory of this perfect installment in the "007 Reloaded" audio book collection.

Dinosaur (Multi Sounds Pop-ups - Igloo Books Ltd)
Dinosaur (Multi Sounds Pop-ups - Igloo Books Ltd)
by Igloo Books
Edition: Board book

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but limited, 25 Oct. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My step-daughter is a dinosaur nut, so I thought this book would be a bit of fun for her. But have found there are a few limitation and faults that spoil some of the fun.
There are only a very few pages. The entire book is made up of four or so double page spreads that very broadly sweep up the types of dinosaurs, and the pop-up sections have a tendency to get tangled in each other if you are not careful, which brings us to the other major issue.
The sound boxes in the pages require you to be quite rough with the book to get them to activate and even then they don't always work. The sound is poor and tinny.

It's not the best dinosaur book I've come across, but it is fun despite it's limitations. Just don't expect any amount of educational material from this.

Remington CI56W0 Styleworks Wand Kit
Remington CI56W0 Styleworks Wand Kit
Offered by Premier Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Salon quality kit!, 25 Oct. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used a few Remington hair products over the years with differing results. This "Styleworks Wand" is by far the best I've found so far.
Presented in a large fabric case reinforced with cardboard packing, the set includes the usual glove (which isn't all that heat resistant but is better than nothing) a small comb, two separator clips and of course the styler itself.
With a very fast (and high) temperature control, a neat small wand, and a large (but much needed) tip, this makes for a great piece of styling kit which both myself and my fiance have found extremely useful.
Well worth the money.

Disney Classics Storybook Collection (Disney Storybook Collection)
Disney Classics Storybook Collection (Disney Storybook Collection)
by Disney

3.0 out of 5 stars Usual Disney Themed Tie-in, 22 Sept. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my step-daughter for christmas.
This is a fairly standard affair from Disney. A series of winter / Christmas stories about various characters from several Disney films and series. While this doesn't add anything to the characters or stories as they stand, it seems to amuse the little one and that's the whole point, but you might find yourself getting bored of the very childish nature of the stories as you read them to younger children.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20