Profile for Fame K > Reviews

Content by Fame K

Fame K "Another Customer"

Felix Pouch Mixed Selection '44 x 100 g Pouches'
Felix Pouch Mixed Selection '44 x 100 g Pouches'
Offered by Livy Furniture & Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars Felix cat food, 21 Jan. 2013
My cat recently went on a hunger strike. I tried different brands and types of cat food but she refused to eat anything. I decided to buy Felix pouches for her and I've never seen her so happy! - she absolutely loves this stuff!

Alpine 700W Black PC Power Supply With Red 120mm Fan
Alpine 700W Black PC Power Supply With Red 120mm Fan
Offered by Computer Technology Stoke Limited & InternetCT

2.0 out of 5 stars Alpine 700W smoked and exploded after only 3 months :(, 22 Aug. 2012
Generally, it was a very quiet PSU. Unfortunately, it started smoking (and exploded) only after 3 months of use :(

3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development (Wordware Game Math Library)
3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development (Wordware Game Math Library)
by Fletcher Dunn

3.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't use this as my primary book, 27 May 2008
I felt the first few chapters were really geared towards newcomers to 2D/3D Maths and so every topic in the earlier chapters were covered very slowly and in detail. However, as I progressed through the chapters I noticed the authors had started accelerating through the topics at a quicker pace and I was left somewhat confused and so I had to research many of the topics from other resources.

One thing I really didn't like about the book was that the exercises were left to be done at the end of each chapter. The problem with this approach was that some chapters expanded across many pages packed with information you needed to know and thus, like a traditional maths book I would have liked to practice a few questions after each topic and not after a whole chapter.

Haskell: The Craft of Functional Programming (International Computer Science Series)
by Dr Simon Thompson

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating book., 29 Dec. 2007
I hated the book more than I hated Haskell!

My first impression of the book was positive, the chapters looked organised and the language used looked very clear.

However, as the term went on I began using the book less and less as I felt alot of stuff in the book hadn't been explained very well.

Introductory Logic and Sets for Computer Scientists (International Computer Science Series)
by Dr N. Nissanke

3.0 out of 5 stars Logic and Sets for computer scientist, 9 Oct. 2005
This Logic and Sets book DOES NOT have many questions and therefore it would be advisable to find a book which does contain more questions.
Each topic in the book I felt was WAY to brief.
But... then again the book had to cover many topics.
This book is good to gain a brief understanding of what each topic is about and it also has some nice examples about each topic.