Profile for Roxanne > Reviews

Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On Kit Legs and Arms 50 ml
Offered by Gordons Direct
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive Skin? No problem, 11 July 2012
Suffering from dry and sensitive skin (with an allergy to hair removal cream)I don't find it easy to find a way of removing hair without irritating my skin.
For this reason alone it is a God send to me.
Now for the unbiased part.

POSITIVE POINTS:

When working correctly the wax is distributed easily in a a nice thin, even layer on the skin.
The wax applicator is the same width (a tad smaller) than the waxing strips so you don't waste time/strips/wax.
As a first time user of hot wax (cold wax strips seemed useless) it was easy to use.
The clean wipes are extremely effective.
After use you have the usual redness but this soon goes down and leaves a smooth finish, with no 'snapped hairs'. They're pulled out nice and clean. (Will update if anything happens that negates this in further usage)

NEGATIVE POINTS:

There aren't enough wax strips, or wipes, in the pack compared to how much wax it comes with. This is easily fixed with a quick trip to Amazon, you can find plenty of cheaper alternatives to the expensive Veet wax strips.
It takes longer than the suggested 20 minutes. This isn't a big problem as it's usually fine within 30 mins anyway.
For a first time user it was painful but that's an an obvious slight, however, after a while I didn't feel anything but a slight twinge.

CONCLUSION:

Fantastic buy, cheap, easy to use and would definitely recommend to people with dry/sensitive skin. As for the negative reviews I've seen, it's usually because they have misused the product and I wouldn't let it put you off this great value for money product.

I Am Legend (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
I Am Legend (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Richard Matheson
Price: 6.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if want to see a replica of the film, 30 Nov 2011
It's nothing like the film, which may be bad for some of you and good for others, but this is still a must read.
It follows an ordinary man in extraordinary times and we watch as he comes to terms with loss, loneliness and madness.
This is not a vampire book so if you were looking for that, this isn't the way to go about things but I suggest you look in the 'List' part of Amazon to find authors and books for your tastes.
Overall, I thought it was an interesting book although I find the film better in my opinion since I read the book after seeing it and only read the book for a university essay.

JVC Gumy Headphone for iPod / iPhone / Mp3 - Peach Pink
JVC Gumy Headphone for iPod / iPhone / Mp3 - Peach Pink
Offered by Picsio
Price: 4.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful, 30 Nov 2011
If what you want are cheap, clean sounding earphones then these are for you!
I'm always breaking my headphones so I decided to try these last year and they endure a lot before they break (I accidentally stepped on mine, it was a sad day).
They're long enough to have your music device in your pocket without dragging your head down or feeling uncomfortable in your ear so don't delay!

AQA Law for AS (A Level Law)
AQA Law for AS (A Level Law)
by Jacqueline Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for AS Law Students, 14 Nov 2009
AQA Law for AS is a brilliant book for Law students in their first year on an A level course. It gives an in depth look at most aspects of law.

Page: 1 | 2