Profile for Margaret Lovegrove > Reviews

Content by Margaret Lovegrove

Margaret Lovegrove

Page: 1 | 2
Dark Fire (The Shardlake series Book 2)
Dark Fire (The Shardlake series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars An exciting, gripping read. Had to keep reading., 13 May 2015
As usual with Sharlake, lots of excitment. Gripping to the end! Also it fills in gaps in my history knowlege and I check facts and historical figures. This makes the plot doubly interesting.

Hot Wheels P2844 Loop Track Accessory Pack
Hot Wheels P2844 Loop Track Accessory Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun for small boys, 12 Dec. 2014
This is part of a Christmas present but it looks good and am sure it will be fun.

An Officer and a Spy
An Officer and a Spy

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story, well written!, 3 Aug. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was very well written and the story held me captive from start to finish.

The Accidental
The Accidental

1.0 out of 5 stars Not to my liking!, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Accidental (Kindle Edition)
I read this because it was a book group choice. However I could not see the point of the plot or characters. I can not recommend it.

The Leopard (Everyman's Library Classics)
The Leopard (Everyman's Library Classics)
by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book., 28 Jun. 2014
I have read this book several times and wanted a new copy as the old one fell apart. This edition is lovely and I will treasure it and pass it on to my daughter. I love the story and characters and the scenery of Sicily and the descriptions of an age now long passed.

The Goldfinch
The Goldfinch

5.0 out of 5 stars Action packed, gripping plot. Hard to put down., 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Goldfinch (Kindle Edition)
An amazingly gripping story. I find it an exciting plot and , if I had nothing else to do,I would have read it day and night. The sordid bits are rather overdone with drugs and weird characters. But I am enjoying it very much.

The Great Gatsby
The Great Gatsby

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful moral story, 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
This is such a great book. It is very evocative of the 1920s inAmerica and paints a wonderful picture of the life enjoyed by rich people. It is a mixture of fairy tale and fable. It does have a message.......Gatsby's friends were only there for what they could take. They quickly desert him when the parties stop. Gatsby himself lives in a fairy tale and is unable to see himself as he really is - for all his charm he is not a good man

The Accidental Tourist
The Accidental Tourist

4.0 out of 5 stars Good characters, 5 Aug. 2013
The book was well written and I enjoyed it, but it became rather too unbelievable towards twist at the end

Oh No, George!
Oh No, George!
by Chris Haughton

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 17 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Oh No, George! (Hardcover)
Having just acquired a puppy we thought the family would enjoy this book and they do. It is a lovely book.

Imagine My Surprise...: Unpublished Letters to The Daily Telegraph (Telegraph Books)
by Iain Hollingshead

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a laugh, 17 Jan. 2013
The family now have a good collection of Telegraph books in the loo. They always amuse us and keep us in the loo longer than necessary

Page: 1 | 2