Profile for F J Dunning > Reviews

Content by F J Dunning

F J Dunning

Clip Lock Storage Container -1.6 litre - Rectangular Plastic Kitchen Food Storage
Offered by Simple DIY

1.0 out of 5 stars Better stuff in your local poundland, 4 July 2014
It's rubbish. Better stuff in your local poundland. It doesn't lock properly

Kryptonite New York Standard Lock with FlexFrame Bracket - Black/Yellow
Kryptonite New York Standard Lock with FlexFrame Bracket - Black/Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike Lock worked Great - Customer Service from Tredz is world class!, 26 Mar. 2014
SO, I rarely leave reviews for anything but:

a) The Bike lock is good, solid, I did need to buy a different holder for it after seeing all the other notices on here, but I have been using it since Jan 2013 and the bike feels safe with it. Yes it's very heavey but of course it is. However, no-one to my knowledge has even tried to tamper with it while I have had it.

b) MOST IMPORTANTLY For some strange reason, when I went to use the lock the other day to lock my bike up, the lock did not unlock, the key did not engage in the lock somehow so I could not separate the lock. Rendering it useless - luckily my bike wasn't locked to anything at the time! I pre sue this is a rare mechanical fault. I emailed Kryptonite customer services as it had been over a year since the purchase. I heard nothing back for 3 days and still haven't. THEN I called Tredz. I got a very friendly helpful person who said the lock is still covered by warranty and to send it back to them (they cover postage) and they will have it fixed or replaced. He was kind, helpful, courteous and the process seems very simple and straight forward.

When trying to buy stuff on Amazon you can spend ages comparing items, postage and packing etc, but rarely do you get to consider follow up care and customer service. Thank god I bought from Tredz because now this £55 lock will be replaced with the least hassle and I'm pretty sure that that wouldn't be happening now if I had bought from many other sellers.

I would suggest you go with these people and having looked on their actual company website (to find the contact details) I would consider buying more from them in the future and directly.

Good customer service is important and in this case it is saving me money and hassle.

All the best, fellow cyclists. And thank you Tredz