Profile for Loco > Reviews

Content by Loco

Loco

Page: 1 | 2
M42 Lens to SONY E Mount Adapter NEX3 NEX5 NEX7 NEX-3 NEX-5 NEX-7 NEX-VG10 DC108
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars good adaptor, 2 Aug 2014
Works as it should.

SanDisk SDSDX-032G-X46 32 GB Extreme 45 MB/s Class 10 SDHC Memory Card (Packaging Varies)
Offered by MyMemory

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for faulty ones!, 2 Aug 2014
I have been buying SanDisk and SanDisk only for many years. I was always happy with their cards as they never failed me. Until this one came. It was working, but when transferring photos to my computer I got suspicious as it was too slow. Tested it with a benchmarking software and was getting 19MB/s max. Contacted SanDisk and after checking the serial number they confirmed that indeed it is genuine. Still, to my surprise, they said that the speed I'm getting is within the limit and the card is OK. That wasn't satisfactory, because if I want slower card I can go with cheaper option. Tested it again in live environment against SanDisk's own Extreme 45MB/s but 64GB that my friend used to record films in RAWs on his Canon 6D. So the only difference between the cards was their capacity. My friend's 64GB succeeded to record at the speed of 43MB/s, my 32GB failed showing the max speed it can reach of 23MB/s. After this test SanDisk agreed to replace it, but it was easier to get the replacement from Amazon, which I did. The second one works as it should.

TeckNet® Universal 5V 2.1A Dual UK Wall Plug AC Power Adapter Charger for Apple iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy Tab/Mobilbe Phone, TomTom, Garmin, MP3, PDA, Digital Camera and many other devices - White
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped Charging Tablet after 3 weeks, 7 Jan 2014
Edit: It was good for 3 weeks only. At the moment it will charge my Nexus 7 slowly only when I'm not using it and when the screen is off. So basically it is not giving enough power (it's not giving the 2.1A as described). The original Nexus charger still manages to charge my tablet fast, so it is this charger that is faulty. It is not so reasonably priced if you can get only 3 weeks out of it.

Really reasonably priced and well working charger. Good looking too - see uploaded pictures. Charges my Nexus 7 tablet and Nexus 4 phone at the same time without any issues.

RAVPower RP-UC07 30W [5V 6A] 4-Port USB Charger / Rapid Charging Station for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Smartphone, Tablet, Media Player, Bluetooth Speaker & Headset, External Battery Pack and More (Black)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 7 Jan 2014
EDIT: After my FIRST REVIEW the retailer of the charger contacted me and offered a replacement which I was more than happy to accept. Delivery was quick and this time the charger looked like new and works very well. No problems charging 4 devices at the time (2 phones, 1 tablet and a camera). Good value for money and recommended.

FIRST REVIEW: My rating would be completely different if the charger I have received looked like on the producer's pictures, meaning - looked new. Unfortunately it didn't. It might be a good charger, I didn't check that yet, but I'm already disappointed. The box of the charger was not sealed with anything, no film, tape or anything. When I opened it the charger was just lying there with no foil, film or plastic wrap that all electronic devices usually come in to protect them from getting scratched. It was scratched on the top and the bottom (see pictures that I've uploaded)which makes me think that the product I have received was USED.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2014 12:07 PM GMT

Nokia CA-101 Micro USB Data Cable
Nokia CA-101 Micro USB Data Cable
Offered by IUEG

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a good fake, 6 Jan 2014
I've had this cable for years. Got it with Nokia E52 originally. Being happy with it I decided to order another one. After receiving it, I honestly don't think that it is original, but only quite good fake. Original was made in Thailand and all details (model, code etc.)were paint printed on its clip. The one I've received was made in China and all the details are on the sticker. It's thicker, way less flexible and not as good quality as the original.

Does the job so 2 stars.

TeckNet Heavy Duty 5V 2.1A Micro USB In Car Charger With Extra USB Charger Port - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 24 May 2013
Got this charger for my Nexus 4 and 7 because it was described as having output of 2.1A. Unfortunately it only gives that amount of power on it's USB socket but not on micro USB lead coming out of it (the cable has no data D+ and D- wires but just 2 power wires inside, so data pins can not be shortened and due to that most phones will see it as computer USB and take only 0.5A. Makes it useless when using maps, music and Bluetooth on the go). You can off course use the socket on the charger for your Nexus and the cable for some less power demanding phones and devices OR as I did, replace that cable with a proper USB data cable and shorten the data pins (phone sees it as a wall charger and takes as much power as it needs). In this scenario both sources (cable and socket) can give power up to the limit of the charger (ie. 1.05A + 1.05A or 0.8A + 1.3A or 0.0A + 2.1A, depending which device needs more of it). Could have been done by the producer if they didn't save on proper USB cable, using the very cheap one instead.

Astone Fitness 0013964059472 Complete Chin Up Bar
Astone Fitness 0013964059472 Complete Chin Up Bar

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pull bar., 14 Jan 2013
Very good pull bar. Easy to assemble, can be put up and down off the wall in no time. If you want to leave it on the wall permanently use the hooks provided for security.

Philips O'Neill SHO7205BK/10 The Construct Tough Headband Headphones - Black
Philips O'Neill SHO7205BK/10 The Construct Tough Headband Headphones - Black
Offered by Five Star

1.0 out of 5 stars GOOD IDEA ... BADLY IMPEMENTED :(, 7 Jun 2012
I have been waiting for these headphones for over two months. Finally they appeared on Amazon again, so I've ordered them straight away. Got them and loved the packaging, something like heavy duty builders product.

Than the disappointments came:
- 1 - they have very plasticy feel to them (pictures of the product above are computer generated, not a real thing),
- 2 - they expand way too easy, so you have to adjust them every time you put them on your head,
- 3 - they might be too small for a lot of people (I have a pretty average head, but had to expand them to the maximum,
- 4 - info in the box says: 'BOLDLY GOING WHERE NO-ONE HAS GONE BEFORE MAY LEAD TO DRASTIC EQUIPMENT LOSS. FEAR NOT! JUST CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER CARE TEAM AT: [...] AND WE'LL SEND YOU A REPLACEMENT CABLE OR YOUR EXTRA CONNECTOR FOR NOKIA, SONY ERICSSON OR OLDER SAMSUNG MODELS FOR FREE.' (see the picture I've added above). I've contacted Philips UK to hear that they don't have those connectors as those headphones were not meant for UK market. I said that I got them from Amazon UK, but Philips' response was that Amazon ships from all over the world and I should contact them. Contacted Amazon to hear that they can't help me and I can return the item for the full refund if I can't use it with my Nokia phone. The headphones were indeed delivered from Germany, so I went even further and tried the online chat with Philips Germany, but chat in English is impossible (unfortunately my German is pretty poor).

The good things:
- 1 - they sound very good on all levels (bass is just amazing),
- 2 - they isolate from the outside world very good (not as good as noise cancelling but good enough for me),
- 3 - the cushions and head band are very comfortable (adjusting method is really annoying though).

Conclusion:
- I would buy them again if the price was £50 - £70, not £150.
- For £150 one would expect a way better attitude from Philips, not just looking for excuses like 'yes Amazon do sell a lot of products from worldwide so it is possible they have sold you a non UK set of headphones and this would be the reason why we would not send out the connectors for Nokia here as they are not available here in the UK' (transcript from chat with Philips UK). In my opinion, yes you can buy them here from Amazon UK, and I really don't care if you are Philips UK or Philips Germany, I buy Philips' product and for me Philips is one global company, present all over the world.

So, mainly due to Philips' attitude these are going back!!!

Hama AluLine 2m Extension Cable with 3.5mm Jack Plug and Socket
Hama AluLine 2m Extension Cable with 3.5mm Jack Plug and Socket

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of ... useless thing, 6 Jun 2012
Got it and returned the next day. Assembled incorrectly - put the balance setting to the right and the music comes to left ear. The other thing is, it is way to stiff to use it as an extension cable for anything portable. It is so stiff, it actually stays the way you folded it.

Sennheiser/Adidas MX 680 High-Performance Stereo Earphones (EarFin Holding System for Sports)
Offered by Classic Sales UK.

1.0 out of 5 stars The idea was good but...., 31 Jan 2012
they don't fit as they should. I don't have big ears, but still even the longest fin supplied with them will not hold them in my ears comfortably. Using foam pads makes it a bit better but you would expect something more for the price and from company like Sennheiser. My old Philips SHS4800 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHS4800-10-Headphones-Active/dp/B002KKD9KQ/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1328031152&sr=1-15) sound way better. I was thinking about replacing them with something without the ear hooks but now I'm back with my old worn Philips.

Page: 1 | 2