Profile for Sid > Reviews

Sid (Edinburgh, UK)

World Of Flavours Oriental Carbon Steel 36cm Non-Stick Phenolic Handled Wok
World Of Flavours Oriental Carbon Steel 36cm Non-Stick Phenolic Handled Wok

4.0 out of 5 stars Big and heavy!, 10 Mar. 2014
I didn't expect it to be big from the picture but it is and it is also quite deep which is great. It is really heavy too which is exactly how I like it...a heavy duty wok for stir fries, frying noodles and even fusion cuisine.

Crock-Pot 0.6L Rice Cooker Grey
Crock-Pot 0.6L Rice Cooker Grey

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 10 Mar. 2014
It does the job but it is rather flimsy. The pot is quite thin and not well coated so it crusts when the rice is cooked. The piece surrounding the hole on the lid came off after a few washes. The only thing I like is the steamer as I use it quite often when I try steaming vegetables and dumplings.

Fisher-Price 'Ocean Wonders' Soothe & Glow Seahorse (Pink)
Fisher-Price 'Ocean Wonders' Soothe & Glow Seahorse (Pink)
Offered by Now Cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite toy, 10 Mar. 2014
I bought it for my niece before she was born. My sister-in-law played it during her pregnancy and when she was born, my niece immediately recognised it and it became her bosom companion.

TOETOE SOCKS Rubber Sole Ankle Unisex Cotton - Yoga & Pilates (6-8.5UK/40-43EU, Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable fit, 10 Mar. 2014
Love it as it fits snugly and keeps my toes warm. Would definitely get more and definitely recommend it for warmer climate.

Nike Free Flyknit+ Black/Royal/White (UK 9)
Nike Free Flyknit+ Black/Royal/White (UK 9)
Offered by ShoeMetro

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as comfortable., 10 Mar. 2014
I am a walker, not a runner, and I normally use my Nike Free to walk for hours. The Nike Free Flyknit is not as comfortable as I have come to expect a Nike Free to be. Firstly, it is on the small side, narrower in the front than the normal Nike Free. I would have bought half a size larger if I had known. Secondly, the band around the ankle is very tight and cuts of circulation; this is not good for walkers like me who spends almost the whole day in the shoes.

However, I like the socklike grip of the whole shoe which means it does not slip on uneven ground. Even though it has Free 5 outsoles, I could really feel the terrain when I walk.

Imam Al-Shatibi's Theory of the Higher Objectives and Intents of Islamic Law
Imam Al-Shatibi's Theory of the Higher Objectives and Intents of Islamic Law
by Ahmad Al-Raysuni

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down!, 14 July 2013
I received the book on Wednesday and have not been able to put it down since. This book gives not only a view of Iman Al-Shatibi's theory by the author (Ahmad Al-Raysuni) but also the history of the evolution of the theory of higher objectives and intents of Islamic Law in a concise and clear manner. I like that the author quotes Imam Al-Shatibi extensively because it helps to know that it is not just the author's interpretation of theory. Overall, it is an easy read for a beginner in this field.

The Search for Beauty in Islam: A Conference Of The Books
The Search for Beauty in Islam: A Conference Of The Books
by Khaled Abou El Fadl

5.0 out of 5 stars Awakening of the mind, 14 July 2013
I bought this book after reading an excerpt of the book on the issues of dogs. This book will, I am sure, benefit those who wants to understand deeper on several problematic issues, particular issues on women. It has awakened my mind and curiosity to know more and delve deeper into the principles behind the Islamic law and the Islamic history touching on the scholars of Islam. The book is truly inspiring me to search for the beauty in Islam.