Profile for David > Reviews

Content by David

David

Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen - Collector's Edition (PC DVD)
Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen - Collector's Edition (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Feb. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The artwork and locations in this game are fantastic, one of the best H-O-G I have played, it toook me around 3-5 hours to complete although I am rather skilled and the story for the game is nicely done as well.

Nightmares from the Deep (PC DVD)
Nightmares from the Deep (PC DVD)
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 Feb. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
One of the best HOG games I have come across and I have come across and played a lot; highly recommended.

Overlord (PC DVD)
Overlord (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars For The Overlord!, 30 July 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Overlord (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Overlord came out in 2007, It's a game where you play an 'evil' overlord and have the associated adventures of one. The game has many different parts to it from room decorating, puzzle, adventure and action but I would mainly describe this as an action game. The game has two main game play lines; destruction evil or domination evil and there are many different decision you can make to the people under your reign to help them or inspire torment and terror in them, having said that the game is not an adult title the rating on the picture amazon gives is 16+ but I'd certainly say that it isn't that heavy at all and is suitable for people far far younger.

This game at the moment is rock bottom cheap and I'd easily say well worth it even if it was priced far higher.
I wouldn't hesitate to try out this title especially at the price it is being offered at and the game is a hell of a lot of fun, the graphics are decent and the sound effects are great I smile when the minions give me treasure and say :for youuu!

Oh yes was using this with windows 7 and had no problems what so ever.

Frontlines: Fuel of War (PC DVD)
Frontlines: Fuel of War (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247

4.0 out of 5 stars Frontline, 2 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The game is a 'low sci-fi' action/ FPS game set around the year 2025. Its a well presented game, I had a lot of fun with this game; you can also control a number of vehicles and at the low price that it is at now it's a really great $ per hour value game; If I brought it at full price when it first came out I would of probably been very disappointed at the length for the price I paid in single player at least, however as stated now this isn't a problem.

I was a bit worried about evil DRM when buying this but it appears that there is only a cd-key to enter and a disk in drive check- which I am happy to put up with.

At the games price and the quality/ time length in single player (there is also Multi-player) there is no reason not to give this game a go and have a fun weekend with and to add it to your Game collection.

Scholar of Decay (Ravenloft: The Covenant)
Scholar of Decay (Ravenloft: The Covenant)
by Tanya Huff

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 17 Dec. 2011
I first read this book a few years ago and though I wouldn't be able to get a decent copy for myself with the Ravenloft series being out of print. (It's good to see some of the books back in print, especially this one.) This story concerns a character known as Dmitri Nuikin and his dealings with a scheming family in a devastated city that gives off a classical French/ Venetian feel.

I found the setting and writing style to be interesting and 'very picture painting.' After finishing the book for the first time I remember having a great conversation with my friend who also read the book before lending it to me. The books a great read and I would certainly recommend it, this book also made me check out other books written by the author Tanya Huff.