Profile for Katy Hillary > Reviews

Content by Katy Hillary

Katy Hillary

Regency Masquerades: A Limited Edition Boxed Set of Six Traditional Regency Romance Novels of Secrets and Disguises

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value set, 14 Nov 2014
This was excellent for the 70p I paid for it. There were no duds and although some stories were better than others, all were well written and had good, engaging characters. Buy it now!

The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax
The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely surprising criminal romp, 27 Oct 2014
Good dialogue, fast pace, interesting plot and fun, engaging characters. Give it a go! The satisfying oddness of the main protagonists has me hoping there might be more to come...

If You're Not the One
If You're Not the One

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely captivating story, 4 Aug 2014
Interesting premise and fun to explore the four different strands playing out. I loved Jennifer (the main character) and was strongly on her side throughout, rooting for her to make a decision that led to a happier or less compromised life at the end.

Desperately Seeking Heaven
Desperately Seeking Heaven

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and fun, 4 Aug 2014
I enjoyed this lighthearted romantic story - a fun easy read.

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)
The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it and am eagerly awaiting more, 1 Aug 2014
This and the first book in the series (Cuckoo's Calling) are well written and kept me guessing. The main characters are interesting and their relationship has enough chemistry to keep things lively. Would definitely recommend this.

One Hundred Proposals
One Hundred Proposals

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written but obvious plot, 1 Aug 2014
I enjoyed the book and found the hero and heroine engaging and likeable but the level of idiocy required from them both, to avoid them falling into each other's arms after page 40 or so requires some swallowing! Repeated missed opportunities got annoying after a while...

Hawthorn and Child
Hawthorn and Child
by Keith Ridgway

3.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly bemused, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Hawthorn and Child (Paperback)
Bits of this were excellent, a lot of it was gross and not much of it related to the almost non existent plot; especially towards the end. It has expanded my literary horizons and I think I enjoyed it! A book for contemplation and consideration, and definately not easy escapism.

Sequela
Sequela

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Sequela (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed, this although sci-fi isn't always my thing so it took me a while to get into it. It's not really traditional sci-fi though - more of an alternate reality - which isn't thrust in your face or over-explained. The characters are engaging and the plot caught my imagination. Luckily *spoiler alert* it doesn't end as badly as I feared it might, which I appreciated! I prefer my fiction to avoid smiting and mass destruction where possible... I'd definitely recommend it.