Profile for Graham Holmes > Reviews

Graham Holmes

Croydex Secura Push-Fit Bath & Basin Shampoo Spray, White
Croydex Secura Push-Fit Bath & Basin Shampoo Spray, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 1 Sept. 2013
This is perfect for my needs - a push on shower head in a retro bathroom. The straps mean I can power-shower without worrying about pressure failures. Great. Friendly personalised service from supplier too. Well done!

DIGIFLEX Digital LCD Food Thermometer Cooking Probe
DIGIFLEX Digital LCD Food Thermometer Cooking Probe
Offered by Digiflex

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and precise temperature recording., 1 Sept. 2013
I don't like my food grossly overcooked. This probe lets me cook food safely without wasting time, energy and money whilst also destroying flavour and texture. So far its worked just fine.

Sky Remote Control sealed in Official Sky Branded Retail Packaging, including Duracell Batteries and Manual SKY101

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as well as the original but cheaper!, 1 Sept. 2013
This remote is just a remote. It does everything the original did but its cheaper to buy. So why wouldn't anyone buy this instead of the full price one offered elsewhere? Job done.

The Good Cook
The Good Cook
by Simon Hopkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and do-able recipes!, 16 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Good Cook (Hardcover)
Love this book of favourites and its led me to try dishes I've never had before, and they are really worth trying. Its got an important place now in my library. Worth getting a copy!

Wahl Chrome Ionic 2000W Hair Dryer
Wahl Chrome Ionic 2000W Hair Dryer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough!, 16 Jun. 2013
I bought this because I've had other Wahl products that I was very pleased with. This hairdryer however is a massive disappointment. The buttons are in the wrong place on the handle so that your hand frequently pushes them and chamges settings when you don't intend to. (The designers have clearly never bothered to use it even for a week or they would have found that out). The power is woefully inadequate compared to the dryer it replaced after over twenty years of use - on full power its less than the lowest setting on my previous dryer, and its low power is a joke that even a baby could out-blow. And its temperature on hot setting is scalding hot. I don't recommend it!

Army Trouser Twists X 5 Pairs
Army Trouser Twists X 5 Pairs
Offered by MilitaryOps Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 16 Jun. 2013
Just as I remember them in the army. Eyes need closing a bit with pliers though otherwise simple and effective.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars These are good!, 16 Jun. 2013
This thing is great. It does exactly what you want but you can then close it down and put it away in the drawer out of the way. The only thing I worry about sometimes is whether or not it might kink like a battered car aerial but so far no problems! I'd get another of them though because it is a good thing.