Profile for Soundguybaz > Reviews

Soundguybaz "Baz" (England)

Ice Cream For Crow
Ice Cream For Crow

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime madness, 20 Sep 2014
This review is from: Ice Cream For Crow (Audio CD)
If you like Beefheart you will love this, Epic genius tinged with minor insanity, A truly great Poet and musician of our times who will be sadly missed by many fans.
The more you listen the more clear the messages become, because all the Captains tunes have a story to tell !
Frank and Don must be making some awesome tunes right now up there.

Thank Christ For The Groundhogs: The Liberty Years 1968-1972
Thank Christ For The Groundhogs: The Liberty Years 1968-1972

5.0 out of 5 stars Its the Groundhog bible, 9 Mar 2013
Everything worth listening to from the inimitable Tony Mc Phee is on here, The monster twanging Fender sound, Tonys haunting voice, all great sounds from my youth
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2014 2:07 AM BST

Regatta Men's Thompson Fleece - Black, Large
Regatta Men's Thompson Fleece - Black, Large
Offered by Leisure Fayre

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and quality, 9 Mar 2013
I bought one of these last year and its stiil like new despite washing and washing, always feels warm and cosy, fantastic value for money over other more expensive brands

Skullcandy Ink'd In-Ear Audio Earbud Headphones - Silver/Black
Skullcandy Ink'd In-Ear Audio Earbud Headphones - Silver/Black
Offered by E W Link Co Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars My second pair, 30 July 2012
I bought a pair of these last year and was truly amazed at the sound quality for the price, I gave those away and they are still producing fantastic sounds and my new pair are every bit as good .
If you are on a budget but like a good sound, I dont think you will find better at this price level.

TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition 2 EU Satellite Navigation System (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Tom Tom trouble, 25 Feb 2012
I used my Tom Tom XL IQ Routes for approx 12 months and I swear some companies must build a clock chip into products because 12 months and 1 week mine gave up the ghost,
Nothing comes out of it now except the drums at the start up and thats all I get.

These things are not cheap at £129 initial cost and now I learn if I want it looking at it will cost me a further £60 plus postage!!.
No thanks Tom Tom.

A pile of, thats not fit for purpose!

I have purchased a replacement from China for just £50 and it does 10 times the things my Tom Tom did and it looks sleeker too !!

Nintendo Wii Console (White) with Wii Sports and Wii Party
Nintendo Wii Console (White) with Wii Sports and Wii Party
Offered by DOOGLE

4.0 out of 5 stars Great activity machine, 4 Jan 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The Wii was a calculated purchase to enable a start to a new fitness regime which always must follow Festive seasonal disorder... Weight Gain!!
The activity required for the Sports pack and the Party pack is great to get you moving after the festive couch out and I have found it a really beneficial start to the New Year.

The only problem with the Wii is a common one, when trying to swap discs or sometimes on a cold start the discs will not load but keep popping back out usually unplugging the device or waiting for it to warm up a little stops this, but it is annoying!
Apart from that gripe I do recommend strongly purchasing the twin charger and battery packs which replace the battery flap on the handsets with built in rechargable batteries attached, which usually sell for less than £7 for the whole lot, BARGAIN!!!on Amazon, this saves the need to spend a fortune on batteries and will very soon pay for itself.

I am happy overall with this item and would recommend it for those needing a little extra boost to a more active life whilst having fun at the same time.

Line 6 Micro Spider Battery powered Guitar Combo
Line 6 Micro Spider Battery powered Guitar Combo

2.0 out of 5 stars looks arent everything, 18 Dec 2008
Well my Micro Spider arrived, I took it out of the well packed oversized box and it looks quite cool.
I switch on and.... whoaa!! it sounds like a twenty year old cheap no make bedroom amp, scratchy noises coming from rotary knobs when you turn them effects that are either just on or extreme.
I venture into the cheapo velcro fastened back panel and find the problem MADE IN CHINA.
I am not saying the chinese make a bad version of everything but in this instance I am afraid its true.
The volume drops off the effects at no given time there is only one of the push button effects that sounds half decent and thats the clean channel, the reverb is ok but tremelo flange and phaser are just not happening.
The Metal and Insane settings are just incremental volume boost so beware before you hit the switch.
All in all theres not much to recommend and similar priced products like the Roland Micro Cube are a much safer and wiser investment.
My advice if you want to spend your money wisely to go for the Roland Micro Cube which I already own, its just a different animal altogether, oozing quality from its Boss effects and just the general feel blows the Micro Spider Out of its web although the Cube is only 2 watts you really do not notice that much difference but the difference in quality is unbelievable for the same money.
I am going to stick with my 2 year old Micro Cube which still has a new feel to it and all the amp sims are still amazing, sorry Line 6 you really need to get a grip, the little spider sucks.