Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

The Pocket Guide to Dice & Dice Games
The Pocket Guide to Dice & Dice Games
Price: 3.08

2.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed..., 19 Oct 2013
Having read the synopsis, I was expecting more. The popular game of Dudo isn't even included. Even Mia has errors in the point scoring section.

Bike Hand Bicycle / Cycle Maintenance Tool Kit / Set Shimano Hollowtech ISIS
Bike Hand Bicycle / Cycle Maintenance Tool Kit / Set Shimano Hollowtech ISIS

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice kit, needs patience and some know-how., 19 Sep 2012
My son bought this kit for me as a 50th birthday present and I love it already. An earlier review about the crank puller made me giggle somewhat, as I had similar trouble before I realised that the end that pushes against the spindle comes off and then fits perfectly...
My only criticism is that the kit doesn't come with a 'How to use' sheet ;)
Thanks Son!

Zen Martinoli's 5 Minute Fitness
Zen Martinoli's 5 Minute Fitness
by Zen Martinoli
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Once in a while..., 25 April 2012
Read and put into practice as many books on fitness as I do and you soon arrive at the conclusion that you are reading the same book over and over again, which was the first impression I had when starting this book. However, as I continued reading, I was impressed by the way the information had been formatted, which made for a very easy, but informative experience. The benefits of this workout are full explained, with exercises showing relevant and clear illustrations.

In short, if I could only take one fitness book with me on any of my travels, it would be this one.

Messiah's Handbook: Reminders for the Advanced Soul - The Lost Book from Illusions
by Richard Bach

5.0 out of 5 stars Live the Adventure, 17 Feb 2005
A great opportunity to take part in one of the most inspiring stories ever told. Just as described in 'Illusions', the Messiah's Handbook has been rediscovered and published so that all can share its wisdom. Can be read before or after reading 'Illusions', it doesn't really matter, although 'Illusions' is as relevant today as it ever was.
My only observation was that the quote about Perspective was missing - I wonder why?

Irish Gangs and Stick-Fighting
Irish Gangs and Stick-Fighting
by John W. Hurley
Price: 18.40

5.0 out of 5 stars The Shillelagh, 27 July 2004
Not only did I thoroughly enjoy this book, I now go nowhere without my shillelagh...

Sake: Pure and Simple
Sake: Pure and Simple
by Griffith Frost

5.0 out of 5 stars The first sip..., 27 July 2004
This review is from: Sake: Pure and Simple (Paperback)
This is an excellent starter on the subject of the drink Saké. Intended mainly for an American market it is nevertheless readable regardless of where you are.. Touching on topics such as production, buying, drinking, tasting, the list goes on... it is an excellent companion for anyone who has discovered and enjoys Saké.

Gift of Wings
Gift of Wings
by Richard Bach

5.0 out of 5 stars A flight of fantasy., 25 Mar 2004
This review is from: Gift of Wings (Paperback)
As a thank you to the pilot of the aircraft for my first ever flight, I gave my copy of this book away. Quite literally 'A Gift of Wings'!
Magical!

Cane Toads: An Unnatural History [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Cane Toads: An Unnatural History [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Tip Byrne

5.0 out of 5 stars Toad-tacular!!!, 25 Mar 2004
As an owner of two pet cane toads I was eager to see what this documentary could tell me about them. As soon as it came through the door, the cellophane was of and it was playing. I can honestley say that I was not disappointed.
Apart from going into some detail about the life cycle of this ugly but lovable creature, the film itself is superbly entertaining and in some parts quite funny. If you like mice do NOT watch this film!
When my 12 year old son sees it he will love it! Can't wait to watch it with him!!!
Long live Bufo Marinus!

Stick Fighting: Techniques of Self-Defense
Stick Fighting: Techniques of Self-Defense
by Masaaki Hatsumi

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book; however I do have one complaint..., 21 Dec 2003
I love the way this book is set out. Diagrams are very user friendly with clear and concise instructions in technique deployment.
My complaint? That the techniques are so effective, no one wants to help you in learning them... (!)
An excellent book for anyone who is a martial arts practitioner or who carries a stick.
Speak softly, but carry a (big) stick.
A man without a (blackthorn) stick is a man without an expedient.

Blackthorn Lore and the Art of Making Walking Sticks
Blackthorn Lore and the Art of Making Walking Sticks
by John Murchie Douglas

5.0 out of 5 stars A Delightful little book..., 17 Aug 2003
This is truly a unique, informative and entertaining little book all about making walking sticks using Blackthorn - full of technical advice and tips (from plant identification to the finished product) to help you regardless of your level of expertise in this field. It's the kind of book you would be more likely to find tucked away on a shelf in a musty smelling second-hand bookshop - Truly delightful!

Page: 1 | 2