Profile for Danny boy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Technoline WS6850 Wireless Weather Station - Premium Collection
Technoline WS6850 Wireless Weather Station - Premium Collection
Offered by The UK Weather Store

1.0 out of 5 stars It really is a poor quality product and I certainly will never be buying ..., 13 Mar. 2016
The main issue I had with station was the automatic time setting feature that you can't turn off. I found that it occasionally adjusted the time incorrectly meaning I could not trust it. On one occasion for example it put the time back by 20 minutes which made me late for work! Often it would be completely out, say by over an hour. I got fed up with having to correct it!. The sensors are also not accurate with temperature readings constantly 2 or 3 degrees out. Finally the screen backlight LEDs became dimmer and dimmer. Eventually after about nine months the screen was so dim I could not read it even at night. I then was forced to throw it away! It really is a poor quality product and I certainly will never be buying a Technoline product again.

Fundix 30 cm/ 4.5 Litre Nonstick Cast Aluminium Induction Sauté Pan with Tempered Glass Lid and Natural Wood Removable Handle

4.0 out of 5 stars These are very nice pans made to a very high quality, 12 Sept. 2014
These are very nice pans made to a very high quality. However they are really quite heavy and I just feel it was a bit too highly priced for what I got.

5X G4 LED Bulbs 2.5W SMD 3014---- DC12V---- Capsule Lamp Light Bulbs Warm White 160-180LM
Offered by mumeng

3.0 out of 5 stars Work well but........., 19 Aug. 2014
These bulbs work fine and as expected. However be warned that although the electrical connections are the correct G4 size, the actual glass part is bigger than a standard halogen G4 bulb. For me that resulted in them not fitting into my spot lights. Also they came from Hong Kong and took two or three weeks to get delivered.

Defenders Animal Trap Cage - Large Size
Defenders Animal Trap Cage - Large Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly good!, 6 Aug. 2014
I have a large one acre garden so I thought it would take ages for the rabbits to find the trap and pluck up courage to go inside. Well I must admit I've been amazed at how good these traps are because in two weeks I've caught five rabbits!. I just put it in a passage behind a bush and a fence using some carrot and within a day or two I got one. The only problem is I get the feeling I keep catching the same rabbits. Perhaps I will take them for a drive to stay with my ex girlfriend or something!

Hozelock Metal Adjustable Nozzle Watering Spray Gun
Hozelock Metal Adjustable Nozzle Watering Spray Gun

1.0 out of 5 stars Hozelock ripoff, 12 May 2014
I bought one these metal guns after a cheaper plastic Hozelock gun broke after a few weeks on dropping it. I thought this would be more durable. On about the fourth use I squeezed the trigger to find it jammed. I squeezed slightly harder, but not excessively hard, and I then heard a crack. It then started to leak water from behind the trigger making it useless. I will be seeking a non Hozelock alternative!

Stone Bird Bath, Cast stone, Slate gray
Stone Bird Bath, Cast stone, Slate gray
Offered by Tiefes Kunsthandwerk GbR

2.0 out of 5 stars Bird don't like it!, 30 Mar. 2014
I bought one of these as I wanted a bath that wouldn't blow away in the wind, that looks nice and will last a long time. Well it does all of those things well. However having had the bath for about a year, I have yet to see one bird drink from it. I am convinced the reason is the small hedgehog sitting at the edge. I think birds are scared of it! I have my bath on a picnic table and I have seen a number of birds hop up to it very cautiously, stop, look at it, then fly off. It happens in very dry weather! I've actually decided now that I will try to break the hedgehog off, which will of course spoil the look of it and may break the entire thing. I would advise against buying this product.

Cuprinol Garden Wood Preserver Spruce Green 4L
Cuprinol Garden Wood Preserver Spruce Green 4L

1.0 out of 5 stars Very overpriced and not really any better, 30 Mar. 2014
I can see no benefit of this overpriced wood stain over far cheaper, less well known brands. You still have to paint again after about five years as it gradually washes off. Many of the cheaper brands last just as long. Also in my experience the coverage you get is no where near the amount it says on the tin, especially on rough sawn timber. For example, I used just under a litre of it on a rough sawn shed door of about 3m2 and that was just one coat!. Furthermore on planned timber it dosn't sink well and as it says on the tin, you need at least two coats. More like 3 or 4 i'd say for sure. Be warned! Don't waste your money thinking a brand name is better!

Hozelock Jet Spray Watering Gun with 2 Spray Patterns
Hozelock Jet Spray Watering Gun with 2 Spray Patterns

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty, 14 Mar. 2014
This was the second plastic Hozelock Gun that I've bought and both have broken after dropping them onto a hard surface. This one actually split on the very first occasion, making it completely useless. The plastic must be very poor quality or possibly very thin. I would advise you to spend a bit more and get something a bit more durable.

Joy Series Use & Wash Floor Mat - Terracotta - 60x90cm - 5 sizes available
Joy Series Use & Wash Floor Mat - Terracotta - 60x90cm - 5 sizes available
Offered by Home and Office

2.0 out of 5 stars They are orange!, 27 Feb. 2014
Didn`t match my terracotta colour scheme as these are more orange than terracotta. Due to weight it is too expensive to send back. I'm disappointed!

Silverline 633710 Stainless Steel Digging Spade - 1000 mm
Silverline 633710 Stainless Steel Digging Spade - 1000 mm

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak, 27 Feb. 2014
The metal part on mine became lose on the first bit of heavy use. The second time the rivets holding the handle on snapped making it useless. I wont be buying another!

Page: 1 | 2