Profile for Feline > Reviews

Content by Feline

Feline (South West England)

Page: 1 | 2
The Cazalet Chronicles Collection - 4 Books (RRP 33.96)
The Cazalet Chronicles Collection - 4 Books (RRP 33.96)

1.0 out of 5 stars Story is fine - this edition is awful, 21 Oct 2013
I enjoyed the Cazalets on Radio Four and was then motivated to buy the books so I could read them at leisure.

I assume this edition has been especially printed to co-incide with the broadcast but the quality of the print is so bad as to make it literally unreadable. It uses a thick blobby font that hardly seems to separate the words. As I bought it online, I had no way of knowing this before buying. I asked friends' opinions and they agreed that the print quality would make it unreadable.

Porcelain 6 Egg Holder Tray
Porcelain 6 Egg Holder Tray

3.0 out of 5 stars heavier than expected, 21 Oct 2013
As this is porcelain, I expected it to be a lot more delicate than it is. It also seems to be a bit too big for medium eggs but I suppose they have to fit either large or medium - can't do both. But it's cheap enough and more or less does the job.

Qualtex Universal Replacement Cooker Oven Grill Pan & Handle Assembly
Qualtex Universal Replacement Cooker Oven Grill Pan & Handle Assembly
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 14.29

3.0 out of 5 stars lightweight but functions, 15 Aug 2013
This grill pan is fairly small and very lightweight but useful for grilling for one or two people. It would be too small for a family. The handle clips on and off fairly easily although quite small lugs make it feel a little insecure.
It is a flimsy construction but fair value for the price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY USEFUL TOOL, 13 Aug 2013
This is a fantastic little hoe. I found it much easier to use and much more efficient than the more conventionally shaped hand hoe. The angled blade means that you can get right in between young plants, using the point to get at some weeds and the sharp pulling action to clear. I managed to get in close to asparagus stems and under courgette leaves.
I bought mine direct from the greenhouse people because I wanted another tool at the same time and it worked out cheaper.

Heartily recommended - I cannot think how I managed without it.

The Light Years: Cazalet Chronicles Book 1
The Light Years: Cazalet Chronicles Book 1
by Elizabeth Jane Howard
Price: 3.85

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality print spoils a good summer read., 12 July 2013
I was all set to enjoy a good easy Summertime read, having been introduced to the story through the recent Radio Four dramatisation. But when I started to read I found the print quality on this very cheaply produced edition absolutely disastrous. I have reasonable eyesight but it was smudgy and black and dense which took away all my pleasure in reading.
This edition will be on its way to the charity shop and I shall sincerely hope to find something that is much more pleasant to handle.

DURAGADGET Indoor LCD Room Temperature Thermometer/Gauge With Stand And Digital Display - Perfect For Use In The Office Or At Home
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK
Price: 4.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 20 Aug 2012
Size is approx 6 x 4 x 1 cm. Display area is approx 3.8 x 1.5 cm Easy to read. What else would you want from a thermometer?

NWTC Berry Picker -- Large
NWTC Berry Picker -- Large
Offered by everyCasa Europe
Price: 11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY USEFUL TOOL - SAVES HOURS, 9 July 2012
This review is from: NWTC Berry Picker -- Large
I have three blackcurrant bushes in my garden and this tool literally saved me hours of work. It is one of those very simple design concepts which works well. It's very easy to use by lifting each fruit bearing stem and scooping each cluster of berries across the spaced plastic prongs. The stalks and leaves stay on the bush while the currants drop into the container. I had 2kgs of currants stripped and ready for jam making in under an hour. Of course, a few stalks and bits of leaf drop in as you pick the currants but theses are easily picked out afterwards.

On a different variety of bush, where the currants grow much closer to the stems, it was a bit trickier to use. I haven't tried it on raspberries and can't quite see how it would work for them as you might damage the fruit but for blackcurrants it's brilliant!

Tefal Avanti Classic 875718 Toaster - 2 Slice - Black
Tefal Avanti Classic 875718 Toaster - 2 Slice - Black
Offered by SelectiveGoods
Price: 28.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Fastest toaster ever - best thing since sliced bread!, 2 April 2012
This toaster is really fast and absolutely brilliant! It has good wide adjustable slots so you can toast anything from thin slices of bread to buns and crumpets. It has a wide range of adjustment on the toasting time so you can have anything from the lightest possible browning to longer toasting for slow cook things like crumpets. It also has the de-frost button so you can use bread straight from the freezer and also a warm-up button so you can reheat.
The sideways slots mean that it takes up less room on the work surface than usual toasters. It might not be suitable for very high narrow puffy bread but I haven't found anything yet that it doesn't toast. Just wish they did it in more finishes and colours!

Morphy Richards Accents 44262 2 Slice Toaster, Black
Morphy Richards Accents 44262 2 Slice Toaster, Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do what it says on the box!, 17 Mar 2012
I've just sent mine back and I suspect many will do the same. Three major bad points for me:
1. The so-called high lift lever for smaller items only lifts by about half a centimetre which means that if you like the smaller loaves that you tend to get in real bread shops, you still end up hoiking the toast out with a fork - dangerous and irritating.
2. When you push down and engage the lever, the other end of the toaster tips up - again dangerous because you tend to react instantly and grab it with the other hand. Not nice if it is already hot from previous use.
3. No websites seemed to list the wattage of this toaster - the label on the underside of it states 826-900W. I don't know how this compares with other 2 slot toasters or whether it's more a question of the design but I found it incredibly slow and underpowered.

I've given it two stars rather than one because the controls are simple, straightforward and easily accessible.

Duo Black Hearth Tidy
Duo Black Hearth Tidy
Offered by Home and Hearths (Lincolnshire) Ltd
Price: 13.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Shoddily made, 9 Feb 2012
This review is from: Duo Black Hearth Tidy
Very poor quality. The brush sheds hairs and little black bits. The handles and stand seem to be made of flimsy metal painted black with no feeling of solid construction. Heritage were very slow to dispatch (eight days before dispatch) despite claiming that it is usually sent out in 2 to 3 days, although they were polite in an email when I queried where it had got to.

Page: 1 | 2