Profile for T. Stimson > Reviews

Content by T. Stimson

T. Stimson "Tomlovesbooks" (Nottingham, UK)

Relentless
Relentless
by Simon Kernick
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish., 4 Jun 2008
This review is from: Relentless (Mass Market Paperback)
I read this last summer on holiday and it was simply the worst book I have read in a while- I am reading Kate Mosse's Sepulchre though! That summer I was reading my way through C J Sansom. This was contrived, unbelievable and quite simply garbage. Avoid please.

Mr Love And Justice
Mr Love And Justice
Offered by srotceh66
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Do you know what, I like it., 13 Mar 2008
This review is from: Mr Love And Justice (Audio CD)
i like it, but I prefer the band side on the whole. Fav song is Sing their souls back home, magic Sprigsteenish English gospel-soul-folk. I am really pleased that Lord Bragg of Barking is backing form, I have missed him.

Brewing Up With Billy Bragg
Brewing Up With Billy Bragg
Price: 9.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the price!, 13 Mar 2008
Good to see all the Bragg albums in this format. BUT BEWARE, I have tried to buy many of the albums at the quoted price only to find the order deleted and an email explaining that sometimes Amazon price things by mistake. They still have not altered the price on the website, so BEWARE.

Intempo Digital TRS-01Bk Glossy Black DAB Transistor Radio
Intempo Digital TRS-01Bk Glossy Black DAB Transistor Radio

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 star not adequate- should be allowed to put 0., 11 Feb 2008
I had a similar experience to the other reviewers who have had a poor experience with this product. I am on my second radio; I bought one at Argos because it was cheap. I did quite like the portable aspect to it and had it in the bathroom using batteries. I was dismayed one day to find it "dead" one day but was pleased with the response from the company. When it was swapped over the new one lasted a day or two. I would advise you not to buy this product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2008 2:47 PM BST

The Collection
The Collection
Price: 12.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 4 Dec 2007
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
This is a sublime effort and I have one criticism that I will save for later. Amazing stuff and it looks so beautiful. Perhaps we could have had some sleeve notes? However: packaging, songs, all of the albums. Bliss. I can't yet decide which album I like the best..My fav song is So Long Frank Lloyd Wright or Blues run the Game or The Boxer or...or...or...and my criticism is (three months later) is that there isn't any sleeve notes.

The Tin Roof Blowdown
The Tin Roof Blowdown
by James Lee Burke

4.0 out of 5 stars Did get going., 28 Nov 2007
This review is from: The Tin Roof Blowdown (Hardcover)
I am a huge fan of Robicheaux and have read all of them, not in the correct order. I did like this a lot however it did takea long time to get going. I found the section in New Orleans hard to stomach and I have read the book about Katrina and New Orleans by Douglas Brinkely and I yearned to return to New Iberia and relative saftey, which it did of course. I did also find the Alafair hard to get on with in this book. Perhaps my big problem was I liked the ones where Robicheaux is the main narrator and all the events are directed through him. Hard to put a finger on it but my favourite is "Crusader's Cross" I think.