Profile for Pyewacket > Reviews

Content by Pyewacket
Top Reviewer Ranking: 562

Pyewacket "czarnowice" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Medea Complex
The Medea Complex

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping story........, 25 April 2014
This review is from: The Medea Complex (Kindle Edition)
set in the 19th Century.

This is the story of Lady Anne who has been sent to Bethlem (Bedlam) for infanticide. She is declared to be mentally unfit to stand trial for the crime hence she ends up in Bedlam.

Her Father is an Earl and he has pulled strings to make sure that she didn't end up in Broadmoor. Her Husband, Edgar only married her for her ability to give him a child and then he would be able to stay at the ancestral pile according to the then law of Entailment.

There is more to this story than meets the eye.........is Anne mad? Did she kill her own child? Is Edgar acting alone?

There are many sub plots within the story and the ending will shock you.

Well written and will keep you gripped right to the end.

Absolute Aromas Tea Tree Essential Oil
Absolute Aromas Tea Tree Essential Oil

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential product for every home., 24 April 2014
I use Tea Tree oil a lot as it is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. If you dilute it with water, it will disinfect your loo, kitchen surfaces and much more besides. It also deters biting insects and silver fish which we seem to get a lot of. I dilute a bit of oil in boiling water and then wash the floor where the the little varmints run around. I have also decanted it into a spray bottle and blitzed under the skirting boards where they live.

It doesn't have a particularly nice smell (very medicinal) but it stops cold sores in their tracks! A must have around the home and combined with lavender essential oil makes a powerful disinfectant. It is also good to use if you have pricked yourself on say Berberis and the wound has festered.

ghd IV Pastel Styler, Lavender
ghd IV Pastel Styler, Lavender

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful colour however...., 20 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am surprised that such expensive hair straighteners don't come with a heat prooof bag or indeed different temperature settings.

Yes, they do their job very well and your hair slides easily through the ceramic plates. I have very long, processed hair so I made sure I used the correct product on my hair to stop any damage from heat.

It's good that they turn themselves off after a period of time and another plus point is the length of the cable and its ability to swivel.

In conclusion, I wouldn't pay over a hundred pounds for these straighteners. I own another pair of straighteners which are 'wet to dry', cost a quarter of the price and have different heat settings on them plus a heatproof bag.

Bayer Provado Ultimate Bug Killer 1 Litre Spray
Bayer Provado Ultimate Bug Killer 1 Litre Spray
Offered by Dealsdirect247

5.0 out of 5 stars This bug killer does the job!, 19 April 2014
Lily Beetles........what are they good for? Birds don't eat them and their one mission in life is to procreate and then when the larvae hatch they start destroying your lilies.

This year they have started their mission early! I was horrified to find that my Snakeshead Fritillaries were covered with the horrid red pests. After despatching 10 of them I decided that I coudn't keep a 24 hour guard on my lilies so this is why I bought Provado Ultimate Bug Killer. What's more, it works. I haven't seen a single lily beetle since I used the spray.

I know it's not really an ethical product but I adore my lilies and can't bear to see them reduced to just stalks.

The Little Grey Men
The Little Grey Men

5.0 out of 5 stars What a charming story., 8 April 2014
If you are feeling the stresses and strains of everday life too much, I urge you to read this wonderful story about the last 4 Gnomes in England.

Their names are Dodder, Sneezewort, Baldmoney and Cloudberry and they live under an old Oak Tree by the side of a stream.

Some time ago, Cloudberry decided he wanted to find the Source of the 'Folly' so he set off one fine day to find it.
The other three have become very worried about him so Sneezewort and Baldmoney construct a little boat and set off to find him. Dodder being very obstinate remains at home. He soon becomes very lonely though and sets off to follow them on foot.

He has many adventures along the way as do the other two.

This is such a beautifully written book and makes you 'see' the beauty of the countryside and also it's cruelty at times.

A wonderful story to read to young children or to read yourself if you are young at heart.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedicure Intense Foot Serum 30 ml
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedicure Intense Foot Serum 30 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 2 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used this serum after getting rid of the hard skin on my feet. I used the Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric hard skin remover to do this.

The serum is lovely and makes your feet feel really smooth and soft. It contains Hylauronic Acid which helps to stop hard skin building up again.

Do be careful though as 1 pump goes a long way. This will certainly be a repeat purchase.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 2 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Before I had this hard skin removing roller, I used to buy a special lotion from a famous TV shopping channel. But it was so messy and used so much cotton wool I eventually gave up with it.

This roller is superb. It really gets rid of the hard skin on your feet and you can't overdo it like you can with a special hard skin removing file also from Scholl. I took myself outside to do the deed and was surprised at how much dust there was flying around in the air.

After finishing, I used the Serum that Scholl recommend.

I have never had such soft feet before and thoroughly recommend this item to anyone who has hard skin on their feet.
It also comes supplied with batteries which is always a bonus.

Manna Genuine Nappa Leather 'Astana' S View Window Flip Case Cover Wallet Stand for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Black
Offered by LEICKE Germany

2.0 out of 5 stars Originally I thought this was a brilliant idea.........., 30 Mar 2014
but I had to send it back for a refund as it was defective i.e., my phone wasn't gripped tight enough and was In danger of falling out. If this Company can resolve this issue, then I certainly would consider buying another one.

The Rise of the Sidhe
The Rise of the Sidhe

1.0 out of 5 stars It would have been an good book if it hadn't had so many typos in it,, 30 Mar 2014
The story was good but I was hitting the typo button so frequently that it totally ruined the story.

I have alerted Amazon to the problem and hopefully they will get something done about it.

Bolse® Bluetooth 4.0 (Latest Version) USB adapter - Compatible with Windows 7 / windows 8 / Vista / XP
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

4.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of kit., 25 Mar 2014
This is so easy to set up. You just plug the Bluetooth adapter into whatever kind of computer you are using and then auto-install the software. It instantly recognised the adapter!

I sent several jpegs from my Galaxy S4 over to my Husband's laptop and they downloaded without any signal delay.

For such a small dongle it certainly packs a punch. The only niggle is that it doesn't work with Windows 8.1. There is an update on Bolses's web site but I couldn't find it.

I hope this review is unbiased as I was given this by Bolse to try out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20