Profile for Pyewacket > Reviews

Content by Pyewacket
Top Reviewer Ranking: 539

Pyewacket "czarnowice" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Monarch [DVD]
Monarch [DVD]
Dvd ~ TP McKenna

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting.........., 30 April 2014
This review is from: Monarch [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
however this turned out to be a really good film.

The late, great T.P.McKenna reprises the role of Henry VIIII in a film that spans one night of the Kings life.

He and a small entourage have been hunting in the forest and somehow Henry has been injured. His entourage take him to what appears to be an abandoned manor house. There is one person in the house and that is a servant who when he hears horses hooves and then banging on the front door, thinks the house is about to be burgled. There is also another man in the house but not a servant. Who he is and why he is there is not explained.

This film is really about the descent of Henry into insanity. He rants and raves then cries then talks to himself. Jean Marsh appears as an amalgam of all his wives. One minute she is kind to him, the next vitriolic and rebuking.

A strange film but somehow very watchable. At the end of the film it states that 3 years later Mary Tudor exhumed his bones and had them burnt. How accurate this is, is impossible to know. I have Googled this information and it doesn't appear to be accurate.

I wasn't very pleased with the way the DVD was packaged.........no case and an awful print out of the cover.

Pet Palace® "Glitter Kitty" Cat Kitten Collar for cats who relish the nightlife plus FREE cute catnip mouse toy! (PERKY PINK)
Offered by E-Planet Sales Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A really pretty little collar.........., 30 April 2014
with a breakaway clasp.

Our latest addition to our feline family is Isis who is a Blue Bi-Coloured Oriental. She is not going to be a big cat when she is fully grown so buying collars has been a bit of a problem. This collar is a bit loose but hopefully she'll grow into it.

It looks really pretty on her and she seems to like wearing it. I have removed the bell though as it was annoying her. All 4 of our cats, 2 Siamese and 2 Orientals are exclusively house cats. They have the run of our house with plenty of room for scratching posts and activity centres.

This collar is well made and hopefully wlll last Isis for quite a while.

Poor Isis our kitten had a nasty experience....she caught her lower jaw in the collar and it didn't break away. I have emailed the Vendor and explained the problem.

We have another feline addition to our family.......Willow who is a Caramel Balinese. He is 3 months old and as yet too small for the collar. The colour which is deep blue will go with his beautiful blue eyes. I was also very pleased to find that the Vendor had included a free catnip toy. I would recommend this Vendor very highly not only for their speed but for sending me a free toy which Willow hasn't stopped playing with since it arrived.

(Catwalk Collection) Reflective Kitten Collar Blue [40997]
(Catwalk Collection) Reflective Kitten Collar Blue [40997]
Offered by Universal Markets Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit large for our........, 26 April 2014
Blue Bi-Coloured Oriental kitten. Hopefully she'll grow into it.

I'm not quite sure how long the elastic is going to last though as she is new to wearing a collar and is scratching at it a lot.

On the plus side it does break away quickly so your precious babe won't strangle his/herself.

It's a pretty colour too.

The Medea Complex
The Medea Complex

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping story........, 25 April 2014
This review is from: The Medea Complex (Kindle Edition)
set in the 19th Century.

This is the story of Lady Anne who has been sent to Bethlem (Bedlam) for infanticide. She is declared to be mentally unfit to stand trial for the crime hence she ends up in Bedlam.

Her Father is an Earl and he has pulled strings to make sure that she didn't end up in Broadmoor. Her Husband, Edgar only married her for her ability to give him a child and then he would be able to stay at the ancestral pile according to the then law of Entailment.

There is more to this story than meets the eye.........is Anne mad? Did she kill her own child? Is Edgar acting alone?

There are many sub plots within the story and the ending will shock you.

Well written and will keep you gripped right to the end.

Absolute Aromas Tea Tree Essential Oil
Absolute Aromas Tea Tree Essential Oil
Offered by Homecare Essentials Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential product for every home., 24 April 2014
I use Tea Tree oil a lot as it is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. If you dilute it with water, it will disinfect your loo, kitchen surfaces and much more besides. It also deters biting insects and silver fish which we seem to get a lot of. I dilute a bit of oil in boiling water and then wash the floor where the the little varmints run around. I have also decanted it into a spray bottle and blitzed under the skirting boards where they live.

It doesn't have a particularly nice smell (very medicinal) but it stops cold sores in their tracks! A must have around the home and combined with lavender essential oil makes a powerful disinfectant. It is also good to use if you have pricked yourself on say Berberis and the wound has festered.

ghd IV Pastel Styler, Lavender
ghd IV Pastel Styler, Lavender

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful colour however...., 20 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am surprised that such expensive hair straighteners don't come with a heat prooof bag or indeed different temperature settings.

Yes, they do their job very well and your hair slides easily through the ceramic plates. I have very long, processed hair so I made sure I used the correct product on my hair to stop any damage from heat.

It's good that they turn themselves off after a period of time and another plus point is the length of the cable and its ability to swivel.

In conclusion, I wouldn't pay over a hundred pounds for these straighteners. I own another pair of straighteners which are 'wet to dry', cost a quarter of the price and have different heat settings on them plus a heatproof bag.

Bayer Provado Ultimate Bug Killer 1 Litre Spray
Bayer Provado Ultimate Bug Killer 1 Litre Spray
Offered by Dealsdirect247

5.0 out of 5 stars This bug killer does the job!, 19 April 2014
Lily Beetles........what are they good for? Birds don't eat them and their one mission in life is to procreate and then when the larvae hatch they start destroying your lilies.

This year they have started their mission early! I was horrified to find that my Snakeshead Fritillaries were covered with the horrid red pests. After despatching 10 of them I decided that I coudn't keep a 24 hour guard on my lilies so this is why I bought Provado Ultimate Bug Killer. What's more, it works. I haven't seen a single lily beetle since I used the spray.

I know it's not really an ethical product but I adore my lilies and can't bear to see them reduced to just stalks.

The Little Grey Men
The Little Grey Men

5.0 out of 5 stars What a charming story., 8 April 2014
If you are feeling the stresses and strains of everday life too much, I urge you to read this wonderful story about the last 4 Gnomes in England.

Their names are Dodder, Sneezewort, Baldmoney and Cloudberry and they live under an old Oak Tree by the side of a stream.

Some time ago, Cloudberry decided he wanted to find the Source of the 'Folly' so he set off one fine day to find it.
The other three have become very worried about him so Sneezewort and Baldmoney construct a little boat and set off to find him. Dodder being very obstinate remains at home. He soon becomes very lonely though and sets off to follow them on foot.

He has many adventures along the way as do the other two.

This is such a beautifully written book and makes you 'see' the beauty of the countryside and also it's cruelty at times.

A wonderful story to read to young children or to read yourself if you are young at heart.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedicure Intense Foot Serum 30 ml
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedicure Intense Foot Serum 30 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 2 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used this serum after getting rid of the hard skin on my feet. I used the Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric hard skin remover to do this.

The serum is lovely and makes your feet feel really smooth and soft. It contains Hylauronic Acid which helps to stop hard skin building up again.

Do be careful though as 1 pump goes a long way. This will certainly be a repeat purchase.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 2 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Before I had this hard skin removing roller, I used to buy a special lotion from a famous TV shopping channel. But it was so messy and used so much cotton wool I eventually gave up with it.

This roller is superb. It really gets rid of the hard skin on your feet and you can't overdo it like you can with a special hard skin removing file also from Scholl. I took myself outside to do the deed and was surprised at how much dust there was flying around in the air.

After finishing, I used the Serum that Scholl recommend.

I have never had such soft feet before and thoroughly recommend this item to anyone who has hard skin on their feet.
It also comes supplied with batteries which is always a bonus.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20