Profile for Sammi C > Reviews

Content by Sammi C

Sammi C "motherhen" (Leeds, UK)

BabyCalm: A Guide for Calmer Babies and Happier Parents
BabyCalm: A Guide for Calmer Babies and Happier Parents
by Sarah Ockwell-Smith
Price: 12.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Give this book to every new mother!!!, 5 Oct 2012
As an antenatal teacher, preparing new parents for life with a baby, this is the book I have been waiting for. I will recommend it to every new parent. Finally someone talking some sense and encouraging new parents to trust their instincts. What we now need is a companion copy written for dads because (like most parenting books) this is primarily aimed at mothers and in order to support women to be the mothers they want to be, her partner must be on side with her decisions.

Ashtanga Yoga - The Practice Manual
Ashtanga Yoga - The Practice Manual
by David Swenson
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 19.96

5.0 out of 5 stars This book began my practice, 23 Feb 2011
An excellent book that clearly describes and shows the postures. I started learning ashtanga from this book and I'm still using it now I'm on the intermediate series.

Call The Midwife: A True Story of the East End in the 1950s
Call The Midwife: A True Story of the East End in the 1950s
by Jennifer Worth
Price: 11.40

5.0 out of 5 stars unputtdownable, 3 Dec 2007
I have just spent the entire weekend with my nose buried in this book, much to my husband's annoyance.
Being 'in the trade' it probably helped me understand some of the technicalities of what was going, but I think this book will be fascinating to anyone with its vivid descriptions of life in the eastend after the war. It's colourful characters are described so beautfully that the author draws you into her world and you laugh and cry over and over again.