Profile for Shaun Connolly > Reviews

Stephen Merchant Live - Hello Ladies [DVD]
Stephen Merchant Live - Hello Ladies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stephen Merchant

4.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 23 Nov 2011
I have a mixed opinion on this, I think the people who say it is the best stand-up act they have ever seen clearly have not seen many, and the people who say this is really bad, well you have to give the guy a break, not like he has being doing this week in, week out, for the last 20 years like most genuine stand-up acts do.

I laughed at most of his stuff, but funnily enough I enjoyed this DVD much more on my 2nd viewing, I don't really know why that was, first time around I did not enjoy as much, did not hate it, but 2nd time around I laughed more and enjoyed, even the old school-play at the end I enjoyed more.

The material is pretty much about Stephen's height and his adventures to find a nice woman, oh and his stinginess with money, and I do think he has real great stage presence, he is back and forth a lot, he interacts with the audience more, shakes hands, high-fives etc, much more than Ricky ever did, but to him they are just scum anyway :)

I felt a little disturbed at one of the scenes where it involves him in a scenario without glasses on his honeymoon, trying to find his wife, and he uses a camera to film his face on a large screen, as he gets closer and closer. Not disturbed by the visuals, but more disturbed because I do feel Stephen does think perhaps he is not good enough or something, which he should get out of his mind-set, he is an ok looking guy, I can't help but wonder if he wishes he was someone else, with the same career, it's like even though he is so talented and has millions, he does not think much of himself, he would rather be some gorgeous good looking hollywood actor sort. If you are reading this Stephen, I once used to always go for the gorgeous ones in life, you learn there is much more to life than glamour and beauty, it's what's inside that counts, get yourself a nice girl who is kind and caring, loyal to you, become best friends as well as lovers and enjoy, you are not a footballer, you have much more talent than that.

Would have got 5 stars if he used his brain and gave us a 25 minute interview at end with just Stephen and Karl talking (without Ricky) :) If you like Stephen from everything he has done, buy this and enjoy.

Profitable Exchange Trading
Profitable Exchange Trading
by Peter Webb

1.0 out of 5 stars What a delay?, 26 Sep 2011
I was looking forward to this book, does not seem like he is ever going to publish it, in which case Amazon should just delete this product. Few months delay yeah, but years come on!, this is just not happening and never will :)

I read he got banned from Betfair, not sure why.

Karl Pilkington's An Idiot Abroad [DVD]
Karl Pilkington's An Idiot Abroad [DVD]
Dvd ~ Karl Pilkington
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 10 Dec 2010
Excellent show, I wont be buying the DVD seeing as I watched all the episodes on Sky and have recorded in the planner, perhaps if they added worthwhile extras to the DVD I would have made the sale also, so note to Ricky, Carl and co, dont be lazy.

However if you have not see these on the TV I recommend that you buy, it is good viewing, very funny, and Karl is a complete idiot, but a genius idiot. Dont buy this if you actually want to learn about places around the world, or the wonders. Its certainly not an Attenborough travel program, just basically how an idiot gets on when he is on foreign soil.

I finally managed to introduce my family to Karl through this series, I of course know him from all the podcasts and things he does with Karl, and I can safely say all my family warmed to Karl, thought he was very funny.

I look for to season 2 of this, I am sure they will make one. Also I heard they will be doing a new set of podcasts, in which Karl answers questions put to him by the public, thats interesting so looking forward to all this.

Buy this today, spend an evening watching it all, you will enjoy ;)

Toy Story 3 [DVD] [2010]
Toy Story 3 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps The Niece Entertained, 27 Nov 2010
This review is from: Toy Story 3 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
My little niece loves this, she has watched it around 8 times now, she is 2. Perfect for keeping the kids entertained while you get on with what you want to do, and they sit so quietly when watching. From an adults point of view, I preferred the first one, but what do we know ;)

Ricky Gervais Live IV - Science [DVD]
Ricky Gervais Live IV - Science [DVD]
Offered by Discs4all

1.0 out of 5 stars Honest review from Ricky fan, 23 Nov 2010
Too much repeated stuff from the podcasts, sorry to say Ricky but I would rather see Karl Pilkingon do stand-up than you (you probably would too), and it's all his material you copy anyway. Ricky's material is either about how good he is, or fat people, disabled people, how god isnt real, actually to be honest one half of this show is repeated podcast stuff and the other half is Animals but said in a different way. Waste of money and I recommend you don't waste your time and buy something that has original new material in it, or if you are a Ricky fan, rent this from LOVEFiLM, that way you don't waste your money.

p.s not a Ricky hater, love podcasts, the movies, the office, extras etc, this is garbish and way too short.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2010 12:59 PM GMT

FIFA 11 (PS3)
FIFA 11 (PS3)
Offered by IN THE JUNGLE LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Freeze Only Issue, 20 Oct 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 11 (PS3) (Video Game)
Firstly I really do enjoy the game, the option to create your own player with your name (your surname on strip and commentator says your name) is really good, and as you progress your stats improve, and while playing online with the club team you chose to create your own self on, will show to friends etc when playing against them.

The game is fairly realistic, a friend I play with regularly often ends in 0-0 draws though loads and loads of action, this is nice as its realistic, even when I play against the computer on professional, this matches my skill level excellently, games are really close, and only now and then will you thrash the computer or be thrashed yourself.

Other nice features are creating your own league that you and friends can play in, being able to practise all your set pieces and set individual movements that you can adopt in real play, and being able to be player manager, in which you can buy and sell players, exactly the same way as any management game, apart from you have the fun of playing with your latest new signings.

What I don't like about the game is the freezing, at first I thought ok its a one off, it happens, but the more you play the game the more it happens, sometimes it can freeze 3 or 4 times in one match, and sometimes the loading times of certain things can take an eternity. The freezes usually last about 5-10 seconds and then you resume play, however I have had freezes and the game never does recover from it and I have to restart the system.

It does slightly take away from the excitement when you are on the counter attack running fast up the pitch and it does this, I don't think there can be any real excuses for this, actually its quite disgusting simply because these games must have went through some screening process where people tested the game out for bugs prior to release, and there is no possible way this issue would not have been noticed (everyone I know who has this game, over 10 friends all have the same issues), so the game should not have been released, all I can hope for is that there is some sort of d/load that can fix this in the future, otherwise I will not purchase anymore EA games until weeks after release to see what issues people have if any.

Overall great game, enjoyable, but has a freeze problem.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Platinum Edition (PS3)
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Platinum Edition (PS3)
Offered by SelectGames

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Game, 17 July 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The one good thing about this game is the actual depth, in total there are 22 long chapters all containing moments of action where you need to fight of soldiers or demons, also all containing moments where you have to think, plan a route ahead to where you need to go or figure out a puzzle.

The game kept me entertained while playing, I quickly adapted to the controls without actually referring to the manual and this game provided overall entertainment from start to finish. Even after completing there is so much more to do, like you can try and collect all the treasure that you missed while playing the first time, bonus chapters also.

I look forward to playing the sequel now.

Speedball 2 (PC CD)
Speedball 2 (PC CD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore Other Reviews, 22 Mar 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Speedball 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
You can safely ignore all the other reviews regarding controls, bugs in game etc, yes these were all true when it was first out, but everything has completely been fixed now, no bugs whatsoever and the game is awesome, this game always was one of my favourite on the amiga 500.

Install Steam for free, this is where you will get all the updates for free. Also this game supports all control pads, I am am using a xbox 360 controller on my PC for this game. Enjoy and play you online soon.