Profile for JT > Reviews

Content by JT

JT

Page: 1 | 2
iPhone SE Case, iPhone 5s Case, New Trent Trentium Rugged Protective Durable iPhone 5 Case for the Apple iPhone 5s/5/SE w/ Glass Screen Protector 3 Back Plates - Black Silver Gold
Offered by Naphos

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth more than the asking price!, 29 April 2015
Arrived quickly, as per usual from Amazon. The case is nice and sturdy. Does not feel cheap at all. I've only had it a week, but the built in screen protector has given me no issues. I must admit I thought a $16 case would be cheap and not work well, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was ridiculously easy to put on my phone. The extra backs in different colors are pointless to me, but if you really want a gold center part on the back of your case you can. The removable part fits well and has not come off on its own. I only have 2 complaints... first is the rubber "flaps" that cover the ports (charging, switch on the side, audio) are really stiff and kind of a pain. Almost need 3 hands to plug your dang phone in. The other thing is that the cutout for the charging cable is pretty much an exact fit for stock chargers. I have 3 aftermarket lightening cables (amazon brand) and they will not fit with this case. That isn't the fault of New Trent so I didn't feel it was worthy to mark them down. 5 starts because the value, function and finish far exceeded expectations. It's hard to get excited about a phone case, but this one is a good upgrade to an older and more expensive case.

Kicker IK 501 E
Kicker IK 501 E

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, Great Sound, 17 Jun. 2012
I compared this with the Altec Lansing M650 Mini Lounge with Speaker Dock for iPod/iPhone and the difference is amazing. As this is a review on the Kicker product page, I'll spare you the details about the M650, but I will say that if you are torn between the two go for the Kicker.

Pros:
Looks sharp
Sounds AMAZING at all volume levels
Great bass that can be adjusted by the built in equalizer
Mid-range and Highs are clear
Good value (when compared to higher range systems)
Loud enough for a party and does not get distorted and "mushy"

Cons:
Back firing sub could bother neighbors if in an apartment
Takes up a lot of space
Not portable, but then again, it never claimed to be
I have a giant iPhone case OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 4 - Black and I have to use an extension cord Proxima Black Dock Extension Cable for iPhone 4 4S 3GS 3G iPod Touch iPad iPad 2-- Support Audio Video Signal, Sync Charger -- with 17 Core not the slim 4 core version to make it work, but that is my fault not thiers.

Overall this is a great product and doesnt cost you an arm and a leg and sounds great. You need to look no further. Buy this iPod/iPhone dock!

Fimir 100% bubble free Guaranteed Anti-Glare (Matte) Screen Protector film Mask for Apple iPad 2 2nd Generation (black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad screen protector, 3 April 2012
It is VERY easy to apply/re-apply. The adhesive is only around the edge so you don't have to spend an hour playing the squeegee game to get all the bubbles out. That is a brilliant design. I installed it in about 45 second from the opening the package and it truly is 100% BUBBLE FREE!!! It is easy to get everything lined up, but if you get it a little crooked it comes off rather easily. Another great feature is that it doesn't get finger prints/oils on it. After 10 days use, no smudge marks. The anti-glare is so-so. I wouldn't say it is a deal maker or breaker, but there is a SLIGHT reduction in glare. Nothing to excited over though. To be honest, I like the feel of the "non-antiglare" ones better. Its barely noticeable, but you can see and feel a slight difference with anti-glare. This is not just on these protectors though. My iPhone has one on it from a different company and has the same look and feel, although a little better anti-glare capability. For some reason since I put on this screen protector my iPad doesn't always pick up my gestures. The vast majority of the time it works fine, but there have been a few times I had to swipe 3 or 4 times to get it to take. I switched screen protectors with my wife (different brand, same style, not anti-glare) and the problems stopped on my iPad, but hers starting having the swipe issues. I think it is the anti-glare that makes it "miss" swipes on the screen, but I could be wrong. It's a little frustrating, but after switching back with my wife I have continued to use it. It's washable which is kind of cool, but I don't really see myself taking if off, giving it a cleaning and putting it back on very often. One thing that was odd was that in the package there was a cleaning cloth (to be expected), the screen protector (also, to be expected), and 2 little alcohol pad looking things numbered 1 and 2. There is no reference in the directions for what to do with them or what they are. I just used the cloth and applied the protector, not wanting to wipe down my iPad with an unidentified moist towelette. There should be clarity on what the heck those things are for. As for durability... well I haven't had it very long so we will see, but it seems tough enough. I have a friend with a screen protector he swears by and often scratches his iPad screen with his car keys to show how tough it is. I wont be doing that anytime soon. He paid 2x as much though. One last though. There is a New Trent logo on the bottom right corner of the protector that is about 2" x 1/2" (maybe a little bigger) that runs up the side. It's not bad, but I was surprised to see it on there. Most other protectors don't have any indication as to who made it. I can't decide if I like it or not (the logo), but is doesn't really matter since my case covers it up.

Fimir 100% bubble free Guaranteed Anti-Glare (Matte) Screen Protector film Mask for Apple iPad 2 2nd Generation (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad screen protector, 3 April 2012

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, fun micro-copter, 24 Mar. 2012
This is a very durable helicopter. It isn't fast, but it is fun to fly around. It charges quickly (15 mins or so), but unfortunately only flys for 5-8 minutes. This is a great starter helicopter, but is not for the serious hobbyist. It is so inexpensive and durable kids can play with it, run it in to things and when (IF) something finally breaks it is cheap and easy to replace.

Qualtex Vacuum Cleaner Dust Bags & Filters For Miele FJM Series Vacuum Cleaners x 20 Pack
Offered by First4Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds dirt well, 24 Mar. 2012
These bags seem to work as well as the manufacturers bags. A good, cheaper alternative to brand name bags.

Replacement battery for Sony Dualshock 3, Wireless Controller, CECHZC2E
Replacement battery for Sony Dualshock 3, Wireless Controller, CECHZC2E
Offered by BatterycentreUK

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, 24 Mar. 2012
Works as expected. I've been using it for about a month and it seems to hold a charge as well as the factory one. This is a much cheaper alternative than buying a new controller. Not really much else to say... its a battery.

Snapware Glasslock Glass Storage Containers with Lids 18pc Set Nesting Design
Snapware Glasslock Glass Storage Containers with Lids 18pc Set Nesting Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for leftovers!, 24 Mar. 2012
This is our third set of snapware! We got rid of all our old plastic containers for these amazing containers.

Pros:
Somehow they come in the exact size I am looking for - perfect for single servings for lunch/dinner or the larger ones for a family
Lids are secure and air tight (they can be a little tough to close, but a quick pop with the heel of my palm gets the job done)
Microwave safe (not the lids though)
Sturdy glass
Stackable design

Cons:
Lids arent microwave safe.

I would highly recommend these containers. Another reviewer said they leak, but I havent had that problem. I don't carry a lot of brothy soups though, so I might just have gotten lucky. I will say that the contaiers are air tight enough to keep guac from turning brown... Like I said, I have ordered 3 sets (1 set are the oven safe ones) over the last year and havent broken a single one despite having dropped one a couple times! The lids are still as tight as the first day I got them. Stop reading this and buy Snapware Glasslock containers now!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Stylus..., 15 Mar. 2012
There really isn't much to say here. It works well, has a pen on one end for (*GASP*) writing on paper, and is comfortable to use. Its not too flashy, which is nice. If there is one negative thing to say about it, it is that it is a little bulky. No more so than most pens, but I am used to using smaller pens. When using a stylus on my iPad I have found that getting great detail or writting small is a challange, but that is not related to this stylus. The other 3 I have tried were the same way.

For the money, this stylus is the way to go!

New Trent iCarrier IMP120D - (12000mAh) 5V 3A Dual USB Ports External Battery Charger/ Portable Back Up Power Bank/Power Pack Battery for iPad 4/ 3 /2, iPad mini, iPhone 5 /4S / 4, iPod Touch; Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S4/S3/S2; Google Nexus 10/7/4, HTC ONE series; LG Optimus series; Motorola Razr, Droid series; Nokia Lumia 900 / 800, Sony Xperia series, GoPro, and most 5V chargeable devices. (NEWEST VERSION, w/ Micro-USB input charge port)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product!, 15 Mar. 2012
Aesthetics- looks sharp! When I saw the IMP1000 for the first time I thought "wow this is nice! I can't believe I didn't pay more! Love the gloss black with blue accents. It just screams quality/expensive (but it doesn't cost all that much). Fortunately when I pick it up, it feels like a quality product too. Based on looks alone I am satisfied and have a very positive impression of the company. If all I had to go on was pictures of this product and the competitors I would easily pick the IMP1000 (have you seen the Duracell charger? Gross). The only thing that would make it look better would be to swap out the blue band around the middle for a brushed aluminum one.

Function - not much to report here. Didn't take too long to fully charge the IMP1000 or my devices with it. Everything I tried, iPad 2s, iPhones, flip, HTCs, charged right up. I will be spending 18 hrs on airplanes and in airports this weekend flying from London to Kansas City so we'll see how it does. The high charging capacity is going to be wonderful and will be put to the test.

Ease of use - plug it in to charge. Simple. Plug in a device and press power. Simple. The only complaint I had at first was the fact that you have to hold down the power button for a couple seconds to turn it on or off but I have come to appreciate that... For now.

Accessories - the bag is a nice touch, but I never use those things. I just end up tossing the product into my bag and go. The charging cables are nice too and unexpected. The extra adapters are nice.

Overall - a nice looking product that does what it is supposed to. I am glad didn't end up with a good looking piece of junk in fancy packaging. Better value for the money than any other mobile charger I found on Amazon. I highly recommend this product and may end up buying a couple as gifts.

I used it to keep my iPad 2 and iPhone fully charged during 22 hours of traveling with no problems. I watched 3 movies, played tons of games, did a few productive things and never had to worry about running out of battery power. It was great!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2012 10:45 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2